• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Smell of Metal

The smell of metal
Metal, in my opinion, does not smell good. If someone had metal perfume or something like that, I would keep a 10 foot minimum. I think that the reason for this is not simply because it has a bad smell (although that may be part of it) but because metal is associated with industrialism, and studies show that industrial focuses cause stress to the brain and natural sights relive stress. This why I think the smell of metal is unattractive to most people. Tell me what you think.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
A metallic object gains an odor from sweat if someone holds on to it long enough.

The closest thing I can think of to have a similar scent to "metal" is blood, in some instances; therefore I'd wager it's something in the body that gives metal its own olfactory property.

Of course other things make metal give off a burning scent, such as a blowtorch or soldering iron, but these are causes rather than a self-developed reason. All in all, I don't think metal has much of a smell other than outside causes.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Just sniffed the metal of my cooker... smells of lasagna. Metal smells like lasagna! I bloody love the smell of metal. :P

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I hate the smell of metal. Like when you hold coins in your hand then put them down and your hands have that disgusting smell. Puts my teeth on edge so badly. Yuck. I agree it does smell similar to blood but a lot more putrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom