• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Role of The Triforce

We haven't gotten too much information on the subject of the Triforce in this game. It is rarely seen in any trailers/screenshots, but has been confirmed in interviews by the creators themselves that the Triforce will indeed be involved in the story, but will be playing a different role than normal. In the intro video, I believe the Triforce is mentioned.
"The “almighty power” protected by the goddess
The almighty power… That was
A heritage from the gods, said to grant any wish or desire
The ultimate power, inherited by the goddess from the forefathers of ancient times…"
Now, we know the Triforce is the three golden triangles the Goddesses who shaped Hyrule, left in this world as they left. That covers the "heritage from the Gods" part. We also know, as stated by Ganondorf and The King of Hyrule in Wind Waker that whoever touches the Triforce, shall have whatever he desires. Anyways, I believe the intro is talking about the Triforce, and it's probable significance in the game. What sort of role do you think it will play? Do you think Ghirahim and/or his Master are after it? Do you think the Triforce will play a small or large role? Do you even think the intro is talking about the Triforce from this quote? Discuss!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yes, I believe the "ultimate power" is referring to Zelda, because it's residing inside her somehow, and Ghirahim is after that power. Now what happens after she falls from her Loftwing is still unknown. We are aware that the Sky Whale swallows her in Link's dreams, but what about reality? Could Ghirahim be holding her someplace, trying to stop Link from getting to her...or luring him right to her? Maybe they all three need to be in the same vicinity so that Ghirahim's master can be reawoken. Maybe the only way to revive him is through the power of the Triforce. In the end I'm thinking we'll see the merging of Power, Wisdom, and Courage, in addition to the Master Sword's forging. This game will answer a lot of our answers. :)

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I think it will evolve into playing a bigger apart..
It's gonna be more of a ''hmm let's go save the princess.'' Then while you're on that quest you realize the princess needs to be saved using some gems.. And they happen to be broken into pieces. When you finally retrieve all of them (in form of a quest, like the stones in OoT) and save Zelda, A whole new world is unveiled.

You find out that Girahim and his master is after some golden power that grants their wishes, and to stop you need to..blablablabla, You get my point :)

So yeah.. It will most likely become something bigger once you complete a few dungeons and advance in the plot.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The role of the Triforce is more than that fabled object. That's for sure. I'm expecting direct statements about it, so as to instill the idea that the Triforce is a major plot device rather than a minor one. What else? I'd say that Ghirahim wants that power to revive his master, who in turn would use the power to, I dunno, bring Skyloft back down and murder the citizens? It's all rather interesting to know about, and I'm sure more plot details will happen.

I'm just hoping that Zelda won't become that stupid girl who accepts her fate as plot device and no longer serves a purpose outside of being the harbor for the ship that is Ultimate Power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom