• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Return of the Random Drawing Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
rdcopeningposter.png

Sup peeps, Random Person here. For those of you who know me, you know full well what this is. For those who came to the site after I left. WASSUP! I be a Random Person and I love Zelda art. Thus in some convoluted method to produce more Zelda art to the world, I have started the RANDOM DRAWING CONTEST (yay). But I left, and the contest ended.(boo) But now I am back and thus the RANDOM DRAWING CONTEST can begin again! (yay)

"What is the RANDOM DRAWING CONTEST?" You may or may not be asking... Why it is simple! Every *goes to look up dates* two weeks (approximately) I give out two themes, a main theme and a subtheme. Your job, as you, will be to draw a picture that meets those two themes. Turn your picture in by the given deadline and BAM you have entered the RANDOM DRAWING CONTEST (RDC for short). Once the deadline is up, all entries will be placed simultaneously here in the Competitions section and you and your fellow ZD-ers will vote for the best one. And because I know you guys want them, here is an FAQ (which I just realized stands for "Frequently Asked Questions," amazing!) to the RDC.

RDC FAQ

What art is allowed?
Ellipsis. Way to ask a generic question. Basically you can enter any picture that is DRAWN. Yes it can be traditional art. Yes it can be digital art. But it must be DRAWN.
What won't accepted includes.
-Art that contains things that aren't drawn. (Yes you can put font in your drawings. That's perfectly fine)
-Art that is not drawn by the Person entering it.
-Art that has been seen by a ZD member other than the people who drew it and Random Person (Hey, that's me!) This includes art that has been talked about in detail to others.
-Art that was drawn before the themes were posted.
-Art that contain harsh language or explicit themes. (Keep it PG13 with NO CURSING!)
-Other rule breakers that I can't remember.

Can I draw insert theme here? I'm not sure if it meets the theme.
As long as you meet the requirements above, you can draw whatever you want. I won't deny a pic because it doesn't fit a theme (unless I think you're trolling). How well a pic fits the theme is another part of how voters are supposed to judge your entry. And PLEASE do not tell me or anyone what you will draw. Its against the rules! I want all entries to be a mystery to everyone as much as possible.

How do I submit?
Send me, Random Person, a Personal message with your art inside. If you don't know how to upload art onto the internet, you can visit imageshack.com or photobucket.com. Upload your pics there and they will give you the forum code. Get the code and paste it into your message. Delete the URL codes but DO NOT DELETE the IMG code.
After I have received your image, I will respond telling whether or not it was accepted. IMPORTANT: IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION VM 24 HOURS BEFORE THE DEADLINE, MAKE SURE THAT I GOT YOUR SUBMISSION!

Where are the theme's posted?
The themes are posted at the bottom of the previous contest.

Can I enter more than one entry per round?
No. Only one entry per artist per round. So if for some Random reason you decided to draw multiple entries, choose your best one!

Can more than one Person work on the piece?
Yeppers. That's perfectly fine. Just make sure you tell me all the artists when you submit the piece.

Can I change my entry once its submitted?
Yes. Submit the new image. Your last entry will be submitted. Any previous entries will not be submitted.

What determines the order the art is posted?
First come, first serve. If you want your art posted first, submit it early.

Should I send anything else other than my drawing?
It is not mandatory to send anything, but if you have a Deviant Art account it would greatly help if you sent me the link to it. This way, if you win, I have easier access to add your picture without having to search all of DA for it. You can also send me a title with your pic if you think that will help. I will post said title along with your pic.

Can the art be anonymous?
Lo siento, pero no. Artist names will be given during the contest to allow voters to ask the artists questions. Sometimes answered questions make the difference between who gets voted for.

How big can the entry be?
The entry size isn't too important as long as its not completely out there. Try to use a maximum size of 700 height and 700 width, both measured in pixels.

Will my art be edited in anyway
If for some reason your art is hard to post, for example it is too big, I will edit it. I won't change anything in the picture itself, but I will do things like decrease the size. Note that by submitting to the contest, you are giving me free reign to edit the entry.

Can I vote for myself
In the past I used to allow this, however, competitions are now a universal thing on the forums and the universal rule is no voting for one's self. Even still, I've always been iffy about letting people vote for themselves as it may be honest, but it still feels unsportsman (not a word) like. Thus, the answer is no. Don't vote for yourself.

What happens after you win?
Your art will be recognized in ZeldaDungeon's Deviant Art Account!. ZD also has this thing where forum members get little badges that show that they've won. Not to mention... bragging rights!

Yay for FAQ's! One rule I want stress is that the artwork can not be shown to any ZD-ers before the contest is posted. I need to prevent pre-voting, and this is the best way to do it.

If you would like demonstrations of past contests or demos of RDC winners, visit the Random Drawing Contest Winner's page on ZD's Deviant Art Account. The winners are posted and links to all the contests are in the description box.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. There's been some good art since I left and I look forward to seeing more.

rdcclosing.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom