• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Relationship of the Koroks to the Kokiri

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
just saw your post DvSag and im gonna tell you that i still win. i dont see how this matters. yes, they dont have fairies but its obvious that the koroks are the kokiri. why doesnt link have a fairy in the game? in fact, there are no fairies except for the great fairies and the healing fairies (which in my mind are different from fairies like navi).
How can you win when you havn't even made a sound argument?

Link didn't have a fairy because he didn't need one, nor was he expected to have one. It wasn't a similar situation to OoT where he actually did for both accounts. And it wasn't similar to PH where he did have one because SHE needed him (and he needed her in some instances, but it was mainly she who needed he.)

And I'm fully aware that the Koroks are the Kokiri. I started this thread, you know. Just because they don't have fairies didn't make it any less obvious that the Koroks had come from the Kokiri. I just want to think of WHY they don't have fairies anymore. Comprende?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
How can you win when you havn't even made a sound argument?

Link didn't have a fairy because he didn't need one, nor was he expected to have one. It wasn't a similar situation to OoT where he actually did for both accounts. And it wasn't similar to PH where he did have one because SHE needed him (and he needed her in some instances, but it was mainly she who needed he.)

And I'm fully aware that the Koroks are the Kokiri. I started this thread, you know. Just because they don't have fairies didn't make it any less obvious that the Koroks had come from the Kokiri. I just want to think of WHY they don't have fairies anymore. Comprende?

oh well i thought we were still on the topic of the koroks being related to the kokiri and with that in mind your post had nothing to do with it so i was confused.

any answer as to why they dont have fairies will just be purely fanfic which means no one would be able to win any argument on it.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
oh well i thought we were still on the topic of the koroks being related to the kokiri and with that in mind your post had nothing to do with it so i was confused.

any answer as to why they dont have fairies will just be purely fanfic which means no one would be able to win any argument on it.
Apology accepted. :D

And yea, but that's ok. I just thought one of you crazy Zelda-obsessives out there found some sort of sentence fragment of spoken dialogue I might have missed. Lol. But if there isn't, then I'd like thoughts about why they don't have them anymore. Fan ideas are cool!

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Apology accepted. :D

And yea, but that's ok. I just thought one of you crazy Zelda-obsessives out there found some sort of sentence fragment of spoken dialogue I might have missed. Lol. But if there isn't, then I'd like thoughts about why they don't have them anymore. Fan ideas are cool!

before we can attempt to answer this question we need to know why they got fairies in OoT in the first place. what did they need them for?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
The Kokiri tribe is a group of children-like beings that live under the leadership of Mido[1] and the protection of the Great Deku Tree in the hidden Kokiri Forest, deep within the Lost Woods of Hyrule.[2] The Kokiri dress in Kokiri Tunics, and have guardian fairies which look over them and seem to be a gift from the Great Deku Tree to the Kokiri.
So, they're both a gift from the Deku Tree, and a guardian spirit. Sort of like, a thing that shows an undying love from parent to child AND a living surveillance camera.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well maybe after the flood, all of the great fairies were lost even to the knowledge of the DT and if that is his supplier of fairies to his "children" then it makes sense they arent there because he doesnt know where the fairies are the fairies are trapped on their islands. who knows?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Maybe, the Deku Tree was like an adoptive father to the Fairies in the Lost Woods. In OoT there was no, like, Master Fairy. There were a few Great Fairies, but none seemed to hold any higher position from one to the next, so maybe Deku Tree was some sort of magical being ruler, for the time being.

Then when the Great Flood came, the two races separated, and the Fairy Queen came about for some reason, so they didn't really need him anymore.

But yea, it's hard to predict without ANY solid evidence. Definitely a fan idea.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well the deku tree isnt their adoptive father because one of the kokiri in OoT tells you that hes the one who created them.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
The adoptive father of the fairies, I'm saying. Not the Kokiri.
He's the real father of the Kokiri, but the adoptive father of the fairies, at least in the Kokiri Forest/Lost Woods area.

He just had two races, and found a way for them to not only live side-by-side, but almost as one.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
well this also raises another question....how come the kokiri sage seemingly has no fairy? he was still a kokiri when he was the sage and all kokiri get a fairy but he didnt have one either.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
That's an easy question.

Notice how Saria didn't have a fairy when you saw her as a sage. That's definitely because only Saria and Fado (Wind Sage) are the sages of their respective temples, and not their fairy counterparts, who are completely different characters. It would be like me running for President of the USA, and my best friend not also becoming President of the USA with me. Not exactly a shocker.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
ok i was proven wrong. (OoT is my least favorite game in the series so i dont remember much from it). still doesnt explain why there are no fairies in WW. maybe they just decided they didnt want fairies in the game.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
There were fairies in the game, though...

I guess... maybe they didn't want players to misconceive the firefly you use for the color camera as a fairy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom