• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Random Drawing Contest Round 38

The Random Drawing Contest Round 38

• Kotake&Koume

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Cat

• mandym287

• Raindrop14

• Random Person

• Terminus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
RDC FAQ
(My appologies. It seems I forgot a submission so out of all fairness I'll be restarting the contest)

Main Theme: The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme: Zelda Meets the 21st Century

Kotake&Koume

21st_century_zelda_by_thedude431-d57cake.jpg

Majora's Cat

scan0125.jpg

mandym287

rdc-zelda21stcentury.png

Raindrop14

Costume.png

Random Person

knightsacademyhs.png

Terminus

sentrycw.jpg

Voting ends on 8/1/12

Round 39 Main Theme: The Legend of Zelda Series
Sub Theme: Worst Item Evar!

Entries are due 8/5/12.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
What I did here can be summed up in the description this has on my dA.

Terminian said:
In this sketch created for a forum contest (Zelda meets the 21st Century) Link is shown after exiting a metal detector as his luggage (with all his items) goes through the X-ray machine. needless to say, the TSA agent is not happy with the contents of Link's carry-on.

[I'm sorry. I'm horrible at critiquing drawings, except, like, insulting my own, so... nerm]

Ryoga
Splendid, splendid! I love this! Your art style is wonderful, and the concept is gold. ;p

Kotake&Koume
Interesting. There are a few things as far as proportioning goes that make it look a bit awkward, but other than that, it's pretty good. --Wait, the car's name is Epona? OMGOMGOMG *dies of laughter*

Majora's Cat
The art style is superb. I'm a little bothered by how his legs look, though. The manner in which they cross, make them look rather flat. And his... butt makes it look like he's having a hard time sitting down. But the concept is hilarious.

mandym287
Hm... looks like you took a bowel movement, and then just drew a face on it.

Raindrop14
It's very... awkward. The character on the left is falling over, and the stances overall look a little... bland. They're just standing there.

Random Person
As much as I like how much effort was put into this, it looks so... blobbish. And proportions are insanely off on a few. While that can add to an art style, I'm bothered by Groose's gorilla arms. Also, the vanishing point on the lockers to the left is inconsistent to the "LOFTWINGS" text on them. Just throwing that out there.

Terminus
Teehee. I think the concept is great. Link would totally be so lost in our world. I honestly agree he'd be classified immediately as a criminal. xD I just wish the picture showed up a little better, because it looks pretty awesome.

---Ryoga got my vote.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Ryoga: I really like your drawing style, and the concept is pretty cool. Although, his feet look like he's tippy-toeing on the one. 8/10

Kotake&Koume: This is a really cool concept. And Link's hair looks really cool too. Although, Zelda and Ganon's heads are a little distracting. 7/10

Majora's Cat: I think the concept is pretty neat here, and your style really intrigues me. 8/10

mandym287: This was really funny, but Link's face in kind of dull. Perhaps you could have put a little emotion such as anger or annoyance in there. 7/10

Raindrop14: What is this? I have nothing to say here. -9000/10

Random Person: I think the concept of Skyloft characters in a school is pretty neat. 7/10

Terminus: This concept is pretty funny. Link getting stopped at the metal detector machene is really neat. 7/10

MC wins my vote. ^^

Last edited:

Terminus

Also, my Impressions;

Ryoga: I like the drawing style but I'm not a fan of Link being cast a s a vandal.

Kotake&Koume: Interesting but I'm not 100% sure what Ganondorf is doing there.

Majora's Cat: I love the concept here. I'm just not a fan of hipsters.

mandym287: I lol'd. Nuff said.

Raindrop14: Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. The lack of background is actually a bit distracting.

Random Person: Brilliant idea here. Loved it.

Terminus: This looks like ****. Who told you you could draw?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
First off, WOW SEVEN ENTRIES! You guys make me so happy! Seriously, so glad to see so many people expressing themselves through their art. And now to crush six of those people's dreams through harsh criticism. ;)

Ryoga
Love this so much. Everything is awesome. From Link's change of clothing, to the fact that he's holding a skateboard. You really brought Link into the 21st century. I have a small Personal complaint. That small "Link" that you have at the bottom, I think that would've been more effective if it said "Navi". Since you have a little mean looking Navi anyway, it would've helped emphasize her role more to see that there.
Artistic-wise, you also did a fantastic job. I see some minor problems with feet positioning, but over-all your anatomy is great. Your shading is not complicated, but it works so well with how you've done this. Fantastic job, and all on line paper too!

kotake&koume
Was close to doing an idea like this myself, glad I didn't or this would be less original. Your concept is great and meets the theme very well.
Artistic-wise, Link looks great. His car also looks incredibly rupee. However, Zelda and Ganondorf's disproportionate bodies are very noticeable. Link's left arm is also a smidgen scrawny.

Majora's Cat
This made me smile. Memes are always a fun thing to see. Great concept. The meme you've chosen correlates with today's time so much.
Artistc-wise, I really don't have any complaints. Link's body is a little funky in some places, but that works with this picture. He's even got a derp-like expression.

mandym287
Truths! Awesome concept. I love all the icons in the background. Choosing the Iphone was a great choice as it really represents today's day and age. However, my thoughts twitch a little, that you have WW Link getting messages from Navi.
Artistic-wise, it could use a little improvement but its not that bad. In fact, its really good. No complaints about your shading style as it always intrigues me. Do you use the cloud technqiue?

Raindrop14
A little bland in the concept. The joke is a bit too obvious as well. Artistic-wise, Link looks okay though he could use a touch up here and there. Still, nothing major. His counter-part, however, appears to be on the verge of falling.

Random Person
:facepalm:

Terminus
This is a great concept and very easy to picture. Artistic-wise, not too bad but you may want to try to incorporate shading.

All in all, I must give my vote to Ryoga. Highly impressive.

Random Person, I'm impressed your contest received so many submissions. It's clearly the most active Community Competition. Perhaps that is because you offer longer deadlines? Anyhow, onto constructive criticism.

Ryoga

I absolutely loves this. Link appears to be a modern punk in your piece and although I'd prefer to see it colored, the amount of detail present is simply astounding. The tiny critter present on Link's garb, the monster in the trash can, and the graffiti painting truly highlights the amount of effort you put into your creation. 10/10

Kotake&Koume

There aren't too many fine elements present here, however, the expressions on Link's face as well as Ganondor's are priceless. The car appears to be a slick ride as well. 6/10

Majora's Cat

I'm fond of your nerd depiction of Link but there is too little going on in your submission. It looks artistically bland. 5/10

mandym287

I definitely cracked up upon seeing your Link with his fancy touchscreen phone. All of the applications are Hyrulian versions of modern smarphone ones. Also, I'm sure RP is proud of your use of the ellipsis. 9/10

Raindrop14

Way too plain. Two bland characters exchanging a dialogue. The one character appears as though he is about to slip. 5/10

Random Person

I see your work as modeling Skyward sword's art style. It sacrifices detail for a strong first impression. Your color scheme is very vibrant and dynamic causing viewers to feel as though they are in this school environment. 10/10

Terminus

A bit too bland on the colors especially after viewing RP's work. I suggest you incorporate a wider range of colors and shading techniques next time around. 6/10

My final vote goes to Random Person. A job well done.

T

TheAmazingLink

i want to enter D': i draw all the freakin time

li.jpg

see? i painted it all by myself ^^

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
i want to enter D': i draw all the freakin time

see? i painted it all by myself ^^

ellipsis
Okay! The theme to round 39 is at the bottom of the first post. Be sure to follow the rules and submit your entry via Personal Message to Random Person (that's me... I think). But for future reference, please do not post art in these contests unless it is related to the contest at hand. (Like you're a participant and want to explain something about your art.) Posting foreign art takes away from whats going on.

T

TheAmazingLink

ellipsis
Okay! The theme to round 39 is at the bottom of the first post. Be sure to follow the rules and submit your entry via Personal Message to Random Person (that's me... I think). But for future reference, please do not post art in these contests unless it is related to the contest at hand. (Like you're a participant and want to explain something about your art.) Posting foreign art takes away from whats going on.

thanks! i guess i will have to start brainstorming, and i was just trying to show a sample of what i can draw. drawings my thing :)

oh, and what are all the rules? just original art to the topic, right? and it has to be zelda, obviously. im not missing anything?

Braivety

FPT | Breb
Thanks for all the compliments you guys! I actually drew this a few months ago, but when I saw this round's theme, I was like, ''Oh heck yes.'' And yes I know that I drew his feet weird that bugs me every time I look at it. :P I'm gonna enter the next one too!

Terminus

Thanks for all the compliments you guys! I actually drew this a few months ago, but when I saw this round's theme, I was like, ''Oh heck yes.'' And yes I know that I drew his feet weird that bugs me every time I look at it. :P I'm gonna enter the next one too!

Isn't this supposed to be NEW art?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom