• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Quest for the Greatest Pizza!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I, fellow members of the forum, have spent many years on the quest to find the greatest pizza. I've traveled to many states in the U.S., along the way I always try out different local pizzerias. I've tasted decent pizza, crappy pizza I wouldn't even feed to a dog, but so far I've only found one great pizza place. Alas, the search continues. There must be a greater pizza in existence!

So far, in my travels, hands down the best pizza I've tasted is Imo's Pizza.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imo's_Pizza

It is a local Pizza chain centered in St. Louis, MO., my birthplace. Years ago I finally decided I'd go back, see my mother's grave, and go by the orphanage I spent a few years in. While there I there I decided to try some pizza places, I kept seeing a bunch of Imo's Pizza shops in the city, so ordered one. My expectations were low, I figured it'd probably be like Little Ceasars or something. Ok, but not great. I was completely wrong!

It was a thin crust pizza, and I mean very thin, sort of like Domino's thin crust pizza. But the sauce was great, the sausage they used was the best I've ever had on a pizza, they said they import it from Chicago, which is where alot of sausage comes from, but it tastes better because MO. is close to Illinois, so the meat is alot freasher. What won me over was the cheese though, it's a blend of cheeses that gives it a very unique taste and is unlike anything I've ever had before. I'm not even kidding, the pizza is so good that even if you're full you still want to eat it because it's so good. If you are ever in St. Louis, I highly recommend getting an Imo's Pizza.

While I can be content with Imo's Pizza, I still think there could be a better pizza out there. I went up to Chicago in 2016 because I had tickets to see a Cubs game. Unfortunately I didn't try any pizza, and I was wanting to. I've heard Chicago style Deep Dish Pizza is amazing. I've also never been in any northeastern states such as New York, Pennsylvania, or Massachusetts. People tend to claim pizza is very good there, and I'd like to try it out.

So, what is the best pizza you've had? Where was it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan

Ninja

Well well well
I only eat pizza once or twice a year, so when I do order it, it has to be the most greasiest, cheese loaded, turd inducing pie I've ever had. I don't need a gourmet specialty award winning pie, just give me something fever inducing.

That being said, large sausage and cheese stuffed crust from Pizza Hut with spicy garlic wings, breadsticks, and cookies.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
My favorite pizza is the House Special at a restaurant called Spiro's Pizza and Pasta. They also make really good lasagna and their homemade Blue Cheese Dressing goes really good on their garden salad. You can even buy the dressing to use at home which I do every once in a while.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
UMM!

MOD PIZZA!

It's the best pizza place in Jefferson City, MO.
ITS LIKE SUBWAY BUT FOR PIZZA YO!
We have a ton of those in the Pacific Northwest. I go there sometimes. Great Crust.

I am not particular with my pizza, but honestly Costco's Combo Pizza is amazing because it has the perfect toppings, is huge, and is cheap.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
There's a place in my area that does a mean spaghetti Pizza. Hideously underpays their staff though, so not worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom