• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Perfect Name

Anemos

Master of Chaos
In Twilight Princess, we learn about a race that existed long before modern Hylians. These, for lack of a better term, "people" lived high up in the sky, and could only be accessed by the use of a cannon.

These were the Oocca.

The name fits them well, especially in the case of Ooccoo, the Oocca that you interact with the most during the game. Many people have seen some interesting things about their names, but I am under the belief that the main idea has been missed for a long time.

#OOCCOO is the hexadecimal code for the color of Link's tunic from the original Legend of Zelda: green. I presume you know this by now, probably being a Zelda enthusiast yourself. You should already feel comfortable with this information, and it is important to remember that this code, "#OOCCOO", was there from the beginning.

The Oocca race itself has some other strange concepts revolving around it, much like Ooccoo Jr. did with his mother's head. The science of Oology is a specific branch of zoology concerning eggs. You may notice the similar prefix, "Oo-", as well as the shape of the Oocca head.

Is it not egg-shaped? What do you usually think of when you hear someone call another person an "egg-head"? You think the person is probably smart, knowledgeable, and maybe a little awkward to be around, right? Does this not describe the Oocca? They can read their language better than Shad, right? Plus, they seem to have created an island capable of supporting itself in the sky for thousands of years. Feats like that do not often come easily. People are still trying to figure it out in real life! How would you feel around a bird-like thing with an egg-shaped head? Pretty awkward, correct?

Does the egg not signify the beginning of something? Is it not true that the Oocca race began long before Hylians, and according to Shad, were even closer to the gods of Hyrule (literally and spiritually...)?

The Oocca are fascinating, mysterious, and a slightly awkward creature. It would be amazing to know the vast knowledge they gained, and the technology they became capable of. However, that information remains "a secret to everybody", except those kings among men who specialize in making video games. We can only guess, and the vastness of the domain of the "sky folk" leaves the topic up to much scrutiny and conversation.

Pen

The game is on!
I like a lot of what you have written here, and I agree with almost everything!! :)
But isn't #00CC00 darker than Link's tunic in the original LoZ?!

images

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
I think we'll know more about them in Skyward Sword, since there will be a people living in the sky, very probably their ancestors. :-)
Btw, they are called 'Ooccoo' and she's called 'Oocca' only in the english game. I got to Twilight Princess's official Japanese site some months ago, and if I remember correctly, she's called 'Obachan' or something like that. Just said as an anecdote anyway.

But isn't #00CC00 darker than Link's tunic in the original LoZ?!
Maybe it depends if the color is shown on a computer or a TV. Dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom