• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword The Peatrice Sidequest

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
So, I recently started a new playthrough of SS and a little while ago, I finished the Peatrice sidequest. Now, there's two ways (that I know of) that this sidequest can end:

A) You break Peatrice's heart and receive gratitude crystals from her father

:cool: You let Peatrice continue to think you like her and receive the crystals from her

I, personally, kinda felt like a huge jerk for doing either of these things, but I won't lie: it was definitely an interesting and different sidequest. I was also fond of the fact that it had different outcomes, like the Cawlin's Letter sidequest. I really hope we get more sidequests with branching paths in the future.

So, what are your personal opinions on this sidequest and how do you usually let it play out?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I break her heart because let's face it, Link is destined for Zelda whether we actively choose it or not, and Peatrice has no chance with a Hero like Link anyway. I know that's a really jerkish personality, but we have to be realistic about things. Would you really lead someone on to think you like them, and live a life of a lie? Or would you rather just give it to them like it is? I would do the latter.

DarkLink17

Well then
I agree, you'd feel bad either path you chose, since someone ends up disappointed either way. During my playthrough, I just told her I liked her and received my crystals. It is pretty selfish, but it doesn't really matter in the end anyways.

This type of sidequest is definitely a new and interesting one at that. I think it's the first time in the series where you can make your own choices that ultimately affect the outcome of the quest. I hope to see similar quests in future games :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I am currently replaying SS and I was thinking about this. I will give the letter to the hand in the restroom this time but am still thinking about what to do with Peatrice. I think I will have Link being honest. I agree with Venny here. Link is on a quest and he doesn't have time to get involved in a romance and I don't think his heart would be in it if he would have made Pea think he was interested.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I always end up breaking her heart during this side quest. I feel bad for this, though I think it's more noble for Link to tell her the truth, rather than lead her on with lies. Plus, it's clear that Link and Zelda should be together in the end.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I honestly couldn't tell her I DIDN'T like her my first time. XD I felt so bad breaking her heart that I just told her I liked her. The second time through, I told her I liked her the first two times she asked, and on the last, I told her no, just to see what would happen, and she just kind of accepted it and I got the crystals from her dad. I guess telling her no probably IS the best way to do it. But I don't want her to hate me! :(

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
I told her I liked her. I mean, he's not gonna get any from Zelda, so......

Moving on from that... I suppose my mindset was that Link always gets attention from girls, but there's never anything more than that, so I wanted to see how far this would go.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Well, the game has a kinda open ending, every person decides for themselves what Link does after the game is finished. Someone might even decided that Link took his own life afterwards in their decision (not that I think anyone did :P), but I'm just saying that there is no right or wrong in this case.
I'd like to think that Link ended up with Peatrice after SS, and that is my ending to the game. She actually says that she knows that Link is busy with his quest during the game, but once he is done they can be together.

Same with Majora's Mask, the only thing we know that happens after is that Link gets a child at some point (him being the Heros Shade in TP and also the ancestor to the Link in that game) and that he didn't really do any specific heroics after that. Everyone can choose their own continuation after some of the games in their mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom