• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The OFFICIAL discussion of the word OFFICIAL

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
So I was just browsing through various areas of the forums and noticed something that kind of made me laugh: the fact that some threads are entitled OFFICIAL even when there is literally nothing OFFICIAL about them.

Now before anyone gets all angry, this is a lighthearted post.

Now personally while this amuses me, I consider it to be somewhat of an online social faux pas, especially when the thread is serious in matter and the person isn't being ironic. I put it on a par with people writing 'verified' in their Twitter bios even though they aren't famous and liking their own status on Facebook.

I was wondering what everyone else thought: are we too frivolous with the world 'official'? Do you notice things like this? And what are some other internet faux pas that you can think of? :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
People write official: (insert topic here) Thread, when they want their thread to be THE to go to thread when discussing that topic. It's to make the thread sound important and to deter others from thinking about making a thread about the same topic because the 'official' thread creator wants people posting in their thread not someone else's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom