• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo NX(Nearly Confirmed Rumours)

Or maybe they just never got around to it? Or why bother repackaging games when the popular ones could simply be cleaned up and re-released for more money? *ahem*Windwaker*ahem*

Remember that the Wii was just a beefed up gamecube. Anything that could run a wii game could run a gamecube game.

Oh, here's a reddit thread where people are discussing it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/2r7mdc/so_why_cant_the_wii_u_play_gamecube_games/

In a nutshell, the WiiU can be modded to play gamecube, no emulation required.
That is very true, you can natively play GC games on the WiiU with a little modding. But Nintendo can't make money off that. It's either re-releasing old GC games as newer HD cashcows like WW and TP or you virtualise them so people can pay yet again to play them virtualised on the NX.

Nintendo did get lazy on natively playing GC games on the WiiU. But since the NX seems to have different internals, the GC games will have to be emulated on it.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I've seen SuperMetalDave's videos, and I think he's full of crap. Some random YouTuber has info? Yeah? Last I checked he's barely at 6k subs, and he's getting super secret inside info? No. No, I don't think so. He's a nobody. If someone with info was going to approach a YouTuber who did Nintendo-related videos, there are a few better places to go, where the information would be disseminated to a MUCH wider audience.

I saw his Final Fantasy video. He might as well have been saying "What if SE brought FF to the NX!?" and called it a rumor. That last video was a reach, at best. Feeding off of the confirmed Dragon Quest game, he's making a little name for himself by making up all this garbage.

We know nothing of the NX. These things are 99% likely to be false. Oh, they're all plausible, of course. Nothing in either rumor is impossible, and some of them are even likely, but it all sounds like someone just did some really good research and made up some seriously cool sounding rumors for—as is usually the case—publicity.

Admittedly, I know nothing of Geno, so I can't really comment too harshly on his rumors, but SMD64 can piss off.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've seen SuperMetalDave's videos, and I think he's full of crap. Some random YouTuber has info? Yeah? Last I checked he's barely at 6k subs, and he's getting super secret inside info? No. No, I don't think so. He's a nobody. If someone with info was going to approach a YouTuber who did Nintendo-related videos, there are a few better places to go, where the information would be disseminated to a MUCH wider audience.
Careful there bucko, don't start belieivng into the NEETTuber hype. Just because someone has a bajillion subs doesn't mean they know what they're talking about or that they are credible. Folks get information from being out there in the real world, not clicking upload and attracting gullible 12 year olds to their channels.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

I saw his Final Fantasy video. He might as well have been saying "What if SE brought FF to the NX!?" and called it a rumor. That last video was a reach, at best. Feeding off of the confirmed Dragon Quest game, he's making a little name for himself by making up all this garbage.

We know nothing of the NX. These things are 99% likely to be false. Oh, they're all plausible, of course. Nothing in either rumor is impossible, and some of them are even likely, but it all sounds like someone just did some really good research and made up some seriously cool sounding rumors for—as is usually the case—publicity.

Admittedly, I know nothing of Geno, so I can't really comment too harshly on his rumors, but SMD64 can piss off.
Like the guy or not. He was 100% correct on Pokemon "Nigi" and Disney Art Acedemy 2.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Careful there bucko, don't start belieivng into the NEETTuber hype. Just because someone has a bajillion subs doesn't mean they know what they're talking about or that they are credible. Folks get information from being out there in the real world, not clicking upload and attracting gullible 12 year olds to their channels.

You're absolutely right. Number of subs doesn't equate to truth. But my point was, he said someone approached him with information. I don't buy that. Why would someone approach him, is what I'm getting at. There are a dozen of other channels who are much more well-known, respected, and watched. If I wanted to reveal some super awesome gossip, I'd go do a different channel. Why not Nintendo Life or GameXplain, for example? Why approach him?

Like the guy or not. He was 100% correct on Pokemon "Nigi" and Disney Art Acedemy 2.

Because Disney Art Academy 2 is on the same level of news/reveal/importance as Final Fantasy and NX specs.

It's like saying "He was right about who would win the Thumb War Tournament in Topeka, Kansas, so he must be right about his Presidential Race 2016 reveal!"

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
For the record, I'll be the first to eat my hat if he's right. I'll never be so bold as to say that I'm not big enough to admit if I'm wrong. If he's right and I'm wrong, well I'll be the first to say so.

For example, I said Zelda U would never be delayed, and that it would most certainly come out last year, and all this other stuff about the game, and now obviously I was 100% wrong.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You're absolutely right. Number of subs doesn't equate to truth. But my point was, he said someone approached him with information. I don't buy that. Why would someone approach him, is what I'm getting at. There are a dozen of other channels who are much more well-known, respected, and watched. If I wanted to reveal some super awesome gossip, I'd go do a different channel. Why not Nintendo Life or GameXplain, for example? Why approach him?
Why would I go to a shill site like NintendoLife or LameXplain? So they can beg for more donations on their patreons and pls liek n subskireb? Personally, I say no thanks fam. Anywho, they're all rumors regardless of the source -- and I wouldn't trust the information if it came from POTUS, let alone Gamexplain or another fansite.

Reactions: Dio

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Because Disney Art Academy 2 is on the same level of news/reveal/importance as Final Fantasy and NX specs.

It's like saying "He was right about who would win the Thumb War Tournament in Topeka, Kansas, so he must be right about his Presidential Race 2016 reveal!"
Like Pokemon isn't one of the biggest IPs that Nintendo has, and like he didn't guess the exact codename for the title.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Any word on it being Backwards compatible? If it is I'd buy it first day, esp if it does Wii also.
No. I personally don't think it will be. However, I do believe that they will be porting the best Wii U games over to the NX. We already know of Zelda. We also have the rumored Smash NX as well. So I think the best Wii U titles will come to NX.
So we will probably have Splatoon, Mariomaker, Pokken, Pikmin 3 and others ported to the system.

No. I personally don't think it will be. However, I do believe that they will be porting the best Wii U games over to the NX. We already know of Zelda. We also have the rumored Smash NX as well. So I think the best Wii U titles will come to NX.
So we will probably have Splatoon, Mariomaker, Pokken, Pikmin 3 and others ported to the system.
Ported how?
I thought it'd just be a case of the NX being able to play the WiiU discs natively. So if you could, I'd like a little more information on exactly how you think they'll be ported to the NX? Digitally or physcally or another way?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Ported how?
I thought it'd just be a case of the NX being able to play the WiiU discs natively. So if you could, I'd like a little more information on exactly how you think they'll be ported to the NX? Digitally or physcally or another way?
I think the NX will use cartridges and digital instead.

If the Geno Leak is true, than I see absolutely no way they could incorporate disks. Not having a disk drive would also make the NX a lot less expensive as well. Having a disk drive in a small device doesn't exactly work well. There's too much that can go wrong because disk drives are extremely finicky.

I do think that if we have digital titles, then those can be available if we move our memory from Wii U to NX. They may even provide a service to send our Wii U disks in so that these can be stored digitally. But I don't think NX will use disks

Disc drives are so inexpensive, I remain skeptical. If its "cartridge" it will be more like a flash or sd type system rather than the old style things as we know it. They are actually superior to discs in almost every way now days.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Disc drives are so inexpensive, I remain skeptical. If its "cartridge" it will be more like a flash or sd type system rather than the old style things as we know it. They are actually superior to discs in almost every way now days.
Yes, they will likely use cartridges similar to those on the 3DS. Which use SD's. It isn't too expensive to create 64 gig SD cards nowadays as well. Third parties can also similarly merely release their games digitally as well, which prevents third parties from not releasing games on the system due to different formats like the GameCube did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom