• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I rather have a establish uncustomized lord like the good old days, but since I can't have that:dry:, I just hope that there more and better customization in fire emblem if than in awakening.

As long as the new MU is nothing like Robin from Awakening (spotlight stealer, general Mary Sue/Garry Stu) or Kris from New Mystery of the Emblem (shoehorned in, no real plot significance), I can live with it. That being said, I miss the old days of an established lord and his army.

Also, NOHR MASTER RACE 4 LYFE. I really like the idea of having to restructure and settle political unrest. Also, judging by what Bill Trinen said about the difference in choosing to side with Hoshido or Nohr, Nohr sounds like the hard mode and I want to have my face kicked in.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
As long as the new MU is nothing like Robin from Awakening (spotlight stealer, general Mary Sue/Garry Stu) or Kris from New Mystery of the Emblem (shoehorned in, no real plot significance), I can live with it. That being said, I miss the old days of an established lord and his army.

Also, NOHR MASTER RACE 4 LYFE. I really like the idea of having to restructure and settle political unrest. Also, judging by what Bill Trinen said about the difference in choosing to side with Hoshido or Nohr, Nohr sounds like the hard mode and I want to have my face kicked in.
I agree you on Robin 100%! Sometimes I feel like I can't relate with Robin because of one I can't fully customize him to look like me because there are no options to change his skin tone, at least Xenoblade Chronicles X got it right, and two he has a established personality which he would be better off being a established character than a avatar. I felt like I died a little inside by the plot, the ending plot and the antagonists of the game. Yeah man, me too. Remember back in the days where you can unlock content by beating certain conditions in the games and that you value your units because of permanent death, than paying DLC to unlock maps or fan service DLC characters that look like generic units? I also hate all this perverted swimsuits, waifu, fan service pandering crap, this is not what fire emblem is all about:mad:! :Sigh!: Sorry about that, I lost my temper for a second. That's cool so you picked the family that raise you that's proves your loyal. :bestestcool:I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this. I hear word going around that in Japan the game is getting the Pokémon treatment, that they will release two versions of the game one which you picked Nohr and the other game in which you picked Hoshido. After Awakening, I'm just not hyped for this game:(.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
So, new fire emblem. What we've seen looks great. Those of you who plan on purchasing it, are you going Nohr or Hoshido? I'm going Nohr Masterrace, of course.

I don't know either, but probably Hoshido, if my sister decides to go with Nohr. At least I get to hang with that cute looking guy with red helmet and brown hair. <3.
But I must say, i'm looking forward to this game really much!

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem looked also pretty great.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
what i was interested in
  • mario maker
  • the yoshi game (i guess)
what i wasn't interested in at all
  • everything else

it's not like i'm dying to get my hands on the mario maker app. it's just the only thing i was even remotely interested in spending money on.

wake me up when the new FE isn't a year away.

Great Nintendo Direct. What I liked about it:
  • N64 finally coming to the Virtual Console. And Nintendo having the guts to finally put up a game that has had a remake. Mario 64 has had a remake of the DS I believe but the N64 original is on the WiiU VC. This gives us all a glimmer of hope that Ocarina and Majora's Mask will be on the WiiU VC one day too.
  • More Wii VC games on the WiiU. I'll probably get Pandora's tower.
  • Mario Maker. I can't see this being more than a short term fad but playing other people's Mario stages would be nice. No Super Mario All stars skin for the game sadly :(
  • Amibo cards. I know for an Animal Crossing game only. But Iwata did say before that they will eventually come for all the other Amiibo too.
  • Splatoon. That game looks cool as. I don't know if I will get it as shooters are not really my thing. But this one looks wacky as. If there's enough single player content and you can play vs the AI then I might get it.
  • The Smash Bros WiiU ballot. Sure Smash Bros 4 is a flawed game. It's nice that Nintendo are taking the players suggestions into account for new DLC characters. In the past Sakurai would have never done that. It was always the dev team's choice who made the roster.

What I didn't like:
  • No new Club Nintendo information
  • Nintendo entering the freeium market. I think it's a terrible road to be entering.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Is this supposed to be some sort of sick April Fools Day joke from Atlus? If not, holy ****, did they drop the ball on SMT x FE. Real talk, is this even a crossover? It doesn't even look remotely like either franchise, but rather a more otaku pandering, fanservice-y version of Persona. Hell, when I first saw the trailer, I genuinely thought we were getting another Conception game. My interest in picking this one up is waning fast, though that Pegasus robot motorcycle looks pretty sick.

Outside of that, I really liked this Direct. Those yarn Yoshi Amiibo are downright adorable and I want 20 of them.

RIGHT!? Ugh ... I was so excited for this game until I saw it. It looks like crap. To think this game has been in development this long and I thought it was a 3DS game when they were showing it. Totally dropped off my radar.

Fig

The Altruist
I was really excited and content with what we saw at this month's Nintendo Direct. It was really nice to see a lot of things that made me hype. The fact that Lucas is coming as DLC alongside Mewtwo in the near future really made me cry tears of joy. Not only that, but now we can choose which character can make it into Smash 4 and it will be revealed this October?!?!?! The Smash news really made me hyped for what's to come for Smash 4.

Next thing that interested me was all those amiibo that were revealed for this direct. Each Smash wave keeps getting better and better. Even more so that Yarn Yoshi will be an amiibo of his own and they look adorable! My only concern about all these amiibo is that it seems that Nintendo doesn't see a problem that these amiibo are very scarce and they are still promoting amiibo as if it is esay to find them. The amiibo are essentially a paywall in its own right. Let's say you are a very enthusiastic Mario Kart 8 player and you want those costumes that only add a little bit of life to the game. If you want the Villager costume, that means at the very least you will have to spend an extra $50-$100 dollars just to get something you want in-game. This wouldn't be the case if Villager was available more often than he is right now. Now multiply this times the number of amiibo that are also rare and compatible with Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros., and more and you will see that this problem exponentially becomes more drastic. Hopefully Nintendo does notice this problem in the near future or at the very least acknowledge that there is a problem to begin with.

I was very happy to see more on Fire Emblem IF. They are really trying to show off that yes, this game is focused more on your choices whereas Awakening focused more on love and romance. FE IF looks like a gorgeous game and from the small amount of gameplay that we see is just outstanding. Also, Kamui/player character looks so op! We can turn into a dragon?! Hello?! I really can't wait for what the story's going to be like once the game is localized. And speaking of Fire Emblem, I was very pleased to see that SMT x FE is still in development. It isn't what I thought (or anyone wanting/waiting for the crossover to be announced) it would be but I'm just glad that it isn't dead. It looks more like a Persona game with concepts from the SMT and FE franchises prospectively. I'm just happy that the game is in development and I personally want to see Lucina in the game as that would be really cool to see Marth and Lucina be in the same game (besides Awakening's DLC).

Mario Kart 8 is also a big title I was waiting for more information on the DLC pack for. I for one am happy that we are getting the DLC a month ahead. Villager and Isabelle looks so adorable being in Mario Kart 8. The Animal Crossing track is probably my favorite track of all time seeing how it always change its season and adds more life as if it was an Animal Crossing game. I am also both excited and nervous for 200cc. I mean sure I don't mind play 150cc and quite frankly is the only way I play Mario Kart 8 after completely the single player mode, but 200cc may be the first time I might use the break button. Now I really can't wait to play on Mute City with 200cc.

Everything that I didn't mention above is either something that is minor and still interested or just wasn't a big as the things I mentioned. Either way, I don't think there was anything that made me bored or uninterested, which is a good thing as I wanted this direct to make me as interested as possible.

From the screenshots and gifs that I've seen on tumblr, based on what YouTube/tumblr user shadowofchaos725 who just so happens to be fluent in Japanese (check him out if you are a huge FE fan), Kamui (the default name for the new avatar)'s class is defined as Dark Prince/Princess. He/She also have two weapons, a sword and a Dragonstone. Interesting enough these weapons don't seem to have no durability value meaning that your weapons, at least in Kamui's case, will never wear out and can be used forever. Not only that, but you can carry five items and you will have six slots in total for your skills. Judging by that alone, Kamui is more op than Robin. This is just speculation and not by any means confirmed but it's interesting that we are given these design choices for our character.

All in all, I am content with this Nintendo Direct despite some things not shown that I would have liked to have been displayed within the direct. Either way, I'm very excited for what Nintendo has to offer and even more excited for E3 2015. It's going to be a big one this year and the hype will only continue to grow!

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
From the screenshots and gifs that I've seen on tumblr, based on what YouTube/tumblr user shadowofchaos725 who just so happens to be fluent in Japanese (check him out if you are a huge FE fan), Kamui (the default name for the new avatar)'s class is defined as Dark Prince/Princess. He/She also have two weapons, a sword and a Dragonstone. Interesting enough these weapons don't seem to have no durability value meaning that your weapons, at least in Kamui's case, will never wear out and can be used forever. Not only that, but you can carry five items and you will have six slots in total for your skills. Judging by that alone, Kamui is more op than Robin. This is just speculation and not by any means confirmed but it's interesting that we are given these design choices for our character.

Kamui's a Dark Prince, eh? Poised to be even more OP than Robin? Julius, eat your heart out.
/old school Fire Emblem humor

I'm familiar with shadowofchaos725's work; I've been following him since the days that he was hacking Radiant Dawn. I followed his LP/translation of Awakening too, though I quit watching after Chapter Five to prevent being spoiled. I'm beginning to really like the idea of Kamui being the main character now, but I won't deny that I have a few expectations of them. Namely, I hope that FE takes a leaf from the Shin Megami Tensei series (If looks more and more like a Shin Megami Tensei game, even down to having the same styling and colour scheme of Shin Megami Tensei IV), and has Kamui's personality develop throughout the journey as the player makes their choices. But then he'd have a pretty dull personality when it came to supports... Hm.

Really digging the six skill slots now. Dat dragon form is rad, too. Here's to hoping they'll tell us more at E3 this year.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The fact that Lucas is coming as DLC alongside Mewtwo in the near future really made me cry tears of joy. Not only that, but now we can choose which character can make it into Smash 4 and it will be revealed this October?!?!?! The Smash news really made me hyped for what's to come for Smash 4.

The ballot ends in October. It was unclear whether they may look at results sooner and begin production of a character in the near future, or they'll wait until October and begin working on them then. Either way, I'm positive the results will be rather secretive and we won't know the character(s) that are going to be put in the game until a trailer is made or whatever. At least, I hope they get a climactic trailer, even if it's just gameplay like Mewtwo's and Lucas'. I'm not sure how I would feel if they were shown like Mewtwo was at the end of the 50-fact extravaganza, or even worse, once the ballot ends, they announce a character with words and we have to wait to see them.

Was it specified they would be adding exactly one character from the ballot, and not two or more? I honestly don't recall. It's possible another character is being worked on right now that we don't know about, who will be released after Lucas and doesn't need the ballot because they were a veteran, like Wolf (hint hint), or a newcomer they already knew was desired by fans and possible to add.

Fig

The Altruist
The ballot ends in October. It was unclear whether they may look at results sooner and begin production of a character in the near future, or they'll wait until October and begin working on them then. Either way, I'm positive the results will be rather secretive and we won't know the character(s) that are going to be put in the game until a trailer is made or whatever. At least, I hope they get a climactic trailer, even if it's just gameplay like Mewtwo's and Lucas'. I'm not sure how I would feel if they were shown like Mewtwo was at the end of the 50-fact extravaganza, or even worse, once the ballot ends, they announce a character with words and we have to wait to see them.

Yea I'm not sure if they will announce the results on October, however I would like to believe that we would hear the results soon afterwards. I have a feeling that Sakurai might be working on a secret DLC character, similar to how he did with Lucas. I'm going to assume that Wolf will be that character seeing that Fox has his moves as custom moves so it isn't hard to implement as part of a moveset for Wolf again. I really hope this is the case, but only time will tell.

Was it specified they would be adding exactly one character from the ballot, and not two or more? I honestly don't recall. It's possible another character is being worked on right now that we don't know about, who will be released after Lucas and doesn't need the ballot because they were a veteran, like Wolf (hint hint), or a newcomer they already knew was desired by fans and possible to add.

They only said that based on what the results are for the Smash Bros. ballot, they will try to bring in the character they can potentially bring as DLC. Other than that, we don't know if it will be the top character or the top characters of the ballot. Obviously characters like Goku and Shrek will have wasted votes as there is still no way Sakurai will implement into Smash.

I have to say the Splatoon direct I really liked. Only one issue I have, but it's a major one.
You can vs other people in matches. That's cool. But you can not choose to VS the AI in matches like you can for Smash Bros. Single player content on Splatoon seems to be limited to the few basic missions and the Amiibo missions. That's it. Very unfortunate. It's 4v4 4 people vs 4 people. You can't change that up ever. You can't sub in AI for people. Because of this I am on the fence about buying this game.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Nintendo Direct incoming, as confirmed on Nintendo of America's Twitter.

It’s almost here!

CTdXEw0W4AA_tSz.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/664095209534435328

The time it begins is a bit under 54 hours from now (two days plus six hours; figure it out for your timezone). After several months without a Nintendo Direct, I'm sure all our expectations are high.

After several months without a Nintendo Direct, I'm sure all our expectations are high.
I read this but was too busy to put it up here. Thanks for sharing it for everyone in a timely fashion.

Yes we all have massive expectations for this direct. And many questions. Like who will be doing the direct? Will there be separate Japanese and English directs? Will there be a separate EU direct or only an NA one (for english speakers)? Will they talk about things more than just the upcoming releases we all already know about. I don't think there is much more to say about them, we all know it already . . . Zelda U excepted but I think that Zelda U info will come in 2016. I also don't think we will get Miitomo or new Club Nintendo info as Nintendo does say ""updates on upcomming WiiU and 3DS releases". But I could be wrong.

Quite a few questions there and in a little over 2 days we will get our answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom