• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Please give us Twilight Princess Nintendo.. even if you gotta cover Midna’ leg.
No censorship please.

But other than that, I agree, and this is the last chance for Twilight Princess HD and The Wind Waker HD on Switch.

Metroid Prime 2 Remastered seems like another safe bet. Less sure about 3.

And while I would love Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch to have the whole franchise on one system, I'm not holding my breath. Plus, it's such a massive game that it could benefit more from coming to the Switch's successor.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
No censorship please.

But other than that, I agree, and this is the last chance for Twilight Princess HD and The Wind Waker HD on Switch.

Metroid Prime 2 Remastered seems like another safe bet. Less sure about 3.

And while I would love Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch to have the whole franchise on one system, I'm not holding my breath. Plus, it's such a massive game that it could benefit more from coming to the Switch's successor.
I agree keep the leg, instead of “sweep the leg.” (Karate Kid) lol. I just would take Twilight anyway I can get when I get my Switch in Oct.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
*kicks tires*
I'm more than likely going to wake up mid stream and will have to wait for it to end so I can watch the thing from the start, blegh

I wonder if we'll see the FF9 remake which was supposedly leaked at least a year ago now? I also wonder if we'll see that supposed Bamco remake of an action game, and maybe Monolith Soft's new game but that could be next console material

Last edited:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I think if we’re going to see anything Zelda related it’s just going to be LttP+FS on NSO. Maybe another remake in the same vein as LA. I doubt we’ll ever see WWHD or TPHD on switch if only because they already said that NSO would be brought over to the next console and GameCube is up next for them to introduce.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
I think if we’re going to see anything Zelda related it’s just going to be LttP+FS on NSO. Maybe another remake in the same vein as LA. I doubt we’ll ever see WWHD or TPHD on switch if only because they already said that NSO would be brought over to the next console and GameCube is up next for them to introduce.
It would be cool to have TPHD on both Switch and next console, just like it was on Gamecube and Wii.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Surprisingly hype direct for me. Mario & Loogi game looked pretty good... I really dig the visual direction and animations, reminds me of Wind Waker a bit... especially around the eyes.

I wasn't expecting to be jumpscared by Fairy Tail twice in one direct lol. I'll get Fairy Tail 2 since I got the first game, at least.

And of course MOTHER****IN NEW ZELDA GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HYPED FOR IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

No Ys X news, sad... But at least I know that one's coming this year...

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
This was a great Nintendo Direct, and for what's very likely the Switch's last summer direct, a great way to send off the system.

The highlight for me is definitely The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom. A game centered around Zelda being playable is a dream come true.

Metroid Prime 4 Beyond finally being shown is the perfect swansong for the Switch although I expect it to be cross-gen.

I don't think anyone expected a new Mario & Luigi game. The new artstyle looks gorgeous.

I'm also looking forward to picking up the new Mario Party, the HD-2D remakes of the original DQ trilogy, DKC Returns HD, the Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection, Stray, and Ace Attorney Investigations.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I got one of the two things I was hoping for that Direct, so I think I’m happy overall. Prime 4 looks pretty damn good. I was hoping for a 2024 release date, but I’ve waited this long so whatever.

I have heavy reservations about Zelda. They’ve already proven in this past decade that they forgot how to make a good Zelda, and this does not look like the return to form we need right now. The Links Awakening artstyle feels completely out of place. This is definitely a “wait and see” game. Also **** your “rethinking conventions” bull**** Aonuma. I didn’t buy it then and I don’t buy it now. Just say you don’t wanna make Zelda anymore.

Mario Party looks cool. I’m not the biggest Mario Party fan but I might pick it up.

The new NSO additions are cool, but I’m still not planning on getting the expansion pass any time soon.

Mario and Luigi was a nice announcement, though I was never the biggest fan of the series so I don’t think I’ll pick it up.

DKC Returns was a nice surprise.

I might have to pick up DQ3. I’ve been meaning to eventually try it. Don’t think I’ll bother with the other 2 remakes though.

Overall that was a pretty good Direct. Not as good as February 2023, but pretty damn close. 8/10

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Legend
Awesome direct, highlights for me were:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
Was this game made for me? Title is oddly suspicious...
I lost my mind when I saw Zelda was playable here, hahahah. The artstyle is cute, though I find myself thinking what it could've looked like if it had adopted a similar artstyle to SS or Botw. The echo ( :cool: ) mechanic looks interesting, can't wait to try out the game myself once it releases. I'm pretty hopeful about the game.
  • Metroid Prime 4
I have the Prime trilogy on wii u, haven't played it yet but this announcement makes me wanna grab a controller this second. Sooooo hyped. I can't wait to play this, the gameplay, the graphics, everythingggg, just looks awesome.
  • Stray on switch
I've known about this game for awhile, but now I actually can get it for myself. I love games about animals, this one looks very promising.
  • Four Swords added to NSO
LESSSSGOOOOOOOO
any yall who have the expansion, we needa plan a game night asap. ASAP.
  • Mario & Luigi: Brothership
I actually haven't played any of these games other than some demos, but I loved the demos I played so very excited to see this and can't wait to grab a copy for myself.

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo
ZD Champion
Surprisingly hype direct for me. Mario & Loogi game looked pretty good... I really dig the visual direction and animations, reminds me of Wind Waker a bit... especially around the eyes. I wasn't expecting to be jumpscared by Fairy Tail twice in one direct lol. I'll get Fairy Tail 2 since I got the first game, at least. And of course MOTHER****IN NEW ZELDA GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HYPED FOR IT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

No Ys X news, sad... But at least I know that one's coming this year...
What is the new Zelda Game called? :eek:

Prince Sidon

Twilight General
ZD Champion
Was this game made for me? Title is oddly suspicious...
I lost my mind when I saw Zelda was playable here, hahahah. The artstyle is cute, though I find myself thinking what it could've looked like if it had adopted a similar artstyle to SS or Botw. The echo ( :cool: ) mechanic looks interesting, can't wait to try out the game myself once it releases. I'm pretty hopeful about the game.
It sounds fun

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Oof, Metroid Prime 4 is path based. I mean, I still play Halo 2 every so often and I love linear games but I was really hoping MP4 would have gone for a more open approach. It also looks like a Retro game...I'm still getting it. I preodered the very day it was announced back in 2017. Do you guys realize that was back in the Reggie years?! Lots of waiting, hope it'll be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom