• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

So this Direct is legit? There was one last year. So who knows. I've not heard it advertised on places like facebook though, like other Directs are advertised. So I guess time will tell if this is a legit thing. Seems strange so soon after the last direct, but who knows, it could be all about Miitomo and MyNintendo. Might not be game related.

I do think there will be no Zelda U and NX info there though.

I'm pretty sure we got played. I haven't heard anything of a 2016 Direct yet.

Possible Nintendo Direct coming soon.

CxdnQQX.jpg

From twitter. Teh last time they did that, a few days later we got a Direct.

D

Deleted member 81859

E3 is a month away, I don't think much will happen. So what's the point?

True. But that's the STUPIDEST marketing move on their part.
Or the SMARTEST one. If you have nothing you want to or can say about the NX, best to keep quiet (for now), then give a half assed E3 NX presentation that has more questions than answers. Nintendo did a relatively good E3 video last year and even that was criticised by many. If Nintendo actually did a bad show at E3 this year, the media and rabid anti-Nintendo crowd would crucify Nintendo. Best to lay low on the NX front till you can announce it properly. If that means at your own time, where there is less attention from others (like in a Direct) all the better for Nintendo I think.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
E3 is a month away, I don't think much will happen. So what's the point?
If they are indeed only talking about Zelda, then May would be a good time to alert people of the few Wii U and 3DS titles they have. We already know that there are huge 3DS titles coming. So maybe it's a 3DS direct? Maybe that's where they can show off Sun and Moon, Federation Force, and whatever they have up their sleeve.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
True. But that's the STUPIDEST marketing move on their part.
Not really. They can either:
Beat the hype of XBO.5 and the PS4 Neo. This will lead to people jumping on ship to NX before Sony and M$ get their chance. Or, wait with baited breath at E3, and then absolutely tear M$ and Sony a month later. I mean, system upgrades like the Ps4 Neo is definitely not sitting well with fans. I believe that Nintendo could potentially take advantage of that with their marketing of the NX.
Or the SMARTEST one. If you have nothing you want to or can say about the NX, best to keep quiet (for now), then give a half assed E3 NX presentation that has more questions than answers. Nintendo did a relatively good E3 video last year and even that was criticised by many. If Nintendo actually did a bad show at E3 this year, the media and rabid anti-Nintendo crowd would crucify Nintendo. Best to lay low on the NX front till you can announce it properly. If that means at your own time, where there is less attention from others (like in a Direct) all the better for Nintendo I think.
Sorry. But Nintendo did not have a good showing last E3 at all. It did not excite most fans, it actually sucker punched many of them, and the majority of people agree that they weren't satisfied with the showing. This came to the point that Iwata apologized for the bad E3. E3 2015 wasn't good for Nintendo. However, many of the games were pretty good in 2015, besides the horrible games.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Like.... What the ****? That came completely out of left field... Here we are waiting for NX news, and now they do this? But I guess we should have expected it, it is Nintendo. Nonetheless, I hope they are some exciting announcements instead of just showing off what we know is coming....

It is still extremely odd though.
I do wonder if they will announce the date of the NX reveal in this Direct though.
I still cannot wrap my head around this, about why we need this direct... But hey. I am game for anything.

I was almost sure that the development on 3DS games were pretty much over by now though.... Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom