• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Paper Mario is confirmed dead
MPFF looks intersting in terms of concept but why the **** did they pick the N3DS to develop on? Use the Wii U -- Metroid DESERVES another console title after the **** that was Other M.
I am hyped for Kirby Planet RoboboboboboBot. I know people are saying taht it looks more of Triple Deluxe, but taht multiplayer alone...god i love me some RPGs.

there's more out there.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I can't believe that after people being confused by Super Paper Mario, people being severely angry at the very existence of Sticker Star, people not being happy about the decline of the M&L series and the nonsense that they tried to infuse into it with the essence of what makes recent PM games bad, and all the people who have said time and time again that all they want is a game like PM64 and TTYD, they go and make this.

They're not oblivious to the fans at this point, they're ignoring them on purpose. The people in charge of Paper Mario do not care about the fans of Paper Mario.

It's been twelve years, since the last real PM game, there's no reason as to why they should continue to ignore what the series once was.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
They are really, really really REALLY dragging their feet with ZeldaU.

At this rate the game miiiiiight come out a year or two after the WiiU has been replaced and nobody cares any longer.
They are likely just waiting until they unveil the NX before releasing any info on the game. We will likely not see any information on it until E3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Kirby: Planet Robobot commands the scene on June XX, 2016. In this brand new title for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems the player controls the God of Worlds, Kirby, and will see him set off on his personal mission to rip robots apart, ingest them, and ultimately regain and retain control of a long lost world -- Robobot. Alongside the main quest comes a nearly full-fleshed multiplayer mode, replete with RPG elements that hearken back to the days of [good] MMORPGs.

How ****ing hyped for this god-tier game are you? Let me tell you something: I am ****ing hyped.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1457063426022.jpg

I mean seriously guys, this picture is all I can think of in regards to freaking PMCS. Nintendo is done with paper mario -- realistically it died at TTYD, but I did enjoy SPM. RIP Paper Mario, 1999/2000-wheneverTTYDreleased.

1457063426022.jpg

I mean seriously guys, this picture is all I can think of in regards to freaking PMCS. Nintendo is done with paper mario -- realistically it died at TTYD, but I did enjoy SPM. RIP Paper Mario, 1999/2000-wheneverTTYDreleased.

Everyone was freaking out about Federation Force after E3, and the game we say today looked to be a more polished experience. I have no doubt people will warm up to Color Splash as well. Yeah, Sticker Star wasn't up to par with the past Paper Mario games, but it wasn't a bad game in its own right. It's simply a testament to the high quality of the earlier Paper Mario games that people didn't think so highly of it. Even though Color Splash looks to be adopting the same basic template as Sticker Star, it'll no doubt make some gameplay improvement just like The Thousand Year Door did to the original Paper Mario. At the very least, I will say the game looks downright gorgeous. Nintendo really nailed the paper look and feel in this one.

I thought the content of the ditect was amazing. The presentation was as dry as sandpaper in the desert though (The EU presentation that is).

Everything mentioned was solid:

Star Fox Zero is basically a HD SF64/Lylat Wars reboot/remake. I thought the world map would have been done differently, but it seems it'll be the same as SF64. Can't do all the stages in one run, you'll have to choose your path through the map to go where you want. At least so far SFZ has much better music thanSF64 did. That's a good thing as tge SF64 music was pretty bad. SF-SNES had amazing music (part of which you heard when they mentioned the SF-SNES Arwing from the amibo in SFZ.) Supposedly there might be an artbook with this too. For the Collector's Edition. Well EB games seems to think so, but we shall soon see if this is true or not.
I am mega hyped for this game, even if it is just a SF64HD reboot/remake.

Paper Pario Colour Splash looks nice. It's no PM64 (the best PM game in my opinion), but it's solid. I do think the card idea is pretty trash. Just use more badges and all good. On the positive side, the game looks really fun and will be a resonably good purshase. Will not be PM64 quality, but good enough to purchase. One for the PM fans mostly only, hence why I put $10 down on it's pre-order.
I can't believe that after people being confused by Super Paper Mario, people being severely angry at the very existence of Sticker Star, people not being happy about the decline of the M&L series and the nonsense that they tried to infuse into it with the essence of what makes recent PM games bad, and all the people who have said time and time again that all they want is a game like PM64 and TTYD, they go and make this.

They're not oblivious to the fans at this point, they're ignoring them on purpose. The people in charge of Paper Mario do not care about the fans of Paper Mario.

It's been twelve years, since the last real PM game, there's no reason as to why they should continue to ignore what the series once was.
Paper Mario has moved on. It's not Nintendo's fault that some PM fans are still stuck in 2004. Time for the fans to move on. Colour Splash looks like a solid game. Does not looks totally amazing but it does have a nice aesthetic and seems very fun. I'm decently interested in it. Not mega hyped though.

Fire Emblem looks great. Looks like one for the FE fans though. Those not FE fans need not apply. The fans will love this one.

I would buy the new Kirby game if I owned a 3DS. I do like the standard 2D kirby games. I don't love them though. This one looks really good though. I do not own a 3DS and have zero intention of getting one so I'll see what others think of it upon release.
The Amiibo look fab. All 4 are pre-ordered. I'm a fan of the SSB King Dedede amiibo and the Kirby King Dedede one looks just as amazing.

Hyrule Warriors Legends. I might end up buying the game, keeping the download codes for the WiiU and selling the 3DS game. In saying this, this fixes none of the very annoying flaws Hyrule Warriors WiiU has. I am undecided if I want to deal with those flaws again. I'll think about it.

Federation Force. If I owned a 3DS I'd get this. It's a better game than most people give it credit for. It will be lots of fun. Sure some of the critics will let the game's flaws prevent their enjoyment of the game. But those who can look past the few flaws will see a very fun multiplayer shooting type game.

Nothing too much on the Indie scene. That WiiU multiplayer game looks nice. I will research it though as free to play games usually end up being very expensive. So once I know the real cost to play it, I'll consider it if I have time. The concept looks right up my alley. So it's not a definite purchase for me, but it's on my radar.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
can someone remind me why people keep defending the wii u when it only has like 12 good games while previous nintendo platforms had like 30+,bare minimum
Because the games that ARE on the Wii U, as few as they are, are really Nintendo quality games. That, and there isn't much in gaming as a whole these days that is particularly wowing.

PS4 STILL has Bloodborne and nothing else.
XO only has Halo 5 and...that's all i can think of.
PC has most of gaming for its library, but for modern day games it has random Korean MMO #232891038 along with indie trash that nobody actually plays.
Wii U has...well it's GOING to have a Zelda game. ;)

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
@the8thark

Normally I'd agree with you that it's time to move on, yet Nintendo has talked about why SS failed before, and why people didn't like SPM. They're aware that fans are not happy with the new direction, and this shows that they just do not care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom