• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You know what?

Nintendo might finally announce Mother 3 for release in the west..... That would be amazing... So long Nintendo doesn't royally screw over the localization.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I believe we may see what My Nintendo actually entails regarding rewards and such as well....

I really miss Club Nintendo... I have been buying so many games from Nintendo, but I don't get any reward from it :'(

So it will be good to detail what they are doing for that

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Wind waker Ganondorf for HWLegends and free medli for both versions.

I didn't find the direct very good on the Wii U front. 3DS owners looked like they would be getting a few good titles though.

D

Deleted member 81859

Today's Direct has made me feel confident in my decision that Zelda U will be my last Nintendo product.

They've lost me.

D

Deleted member 81859

God **** you Nintendo!
We want a real paper Mario game!
Why can't you make that?!
What is so hard about it? You are literally making a sticker star 2....
It's time to jump ship bro.
If Nintendo wants to commit financial kamikazi, let's let them do so.

I'd take the lack of Zelda U in the direct as an indication that it's likely become Zelda NX. The Hyrule Warriors stuff looked nice, and of course we've got TPHD coming tomorrow. But I don't think we'll get any information on the game we're actually waiting for until E3.

As far as everything else goes, I'm conflicted. Star Fox Zero looked decent actually, but I think we won't really know how good it is until we get to try out the controls. The new Kirby game also looked pretty fun, I didn't really see anything wrong there. Federation Force didn't look as appalling as it did at E3, but Nintendo's in some serious denial regarding that game based on how they talked about it. Monster Hunter impressed me, but I've never touched the series before, so I can't say anything there. The direct also had a lot of other nice games to show off - Bravely Second was good, new virtual console stuff is always great, and the updates to existing games are always welcome. Of course, Nintendo's also parading the dead corpse of the Paper Mario franchise around proudly... I'd say that I liked the direct, but that one announcement really ruined it for me.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It's time to jump ship bro.
If Nintendo wants to commit financial kamikazi, let's let them do so.
The Wii U is dead.
That much is clear.
However, the 3DS is looking pretty good.

It is extremely clear that they are devoted almost all of their resources to the NX over the Wii U however.
Nintendo still has a good chance.

But Star Fox looks pretty good now however, and at least we will still get Zelda U.

3DS is looking very fine.
Bravely Second will be amazing. VC is amazing. The other titles look pretty good. Federation Force looks somewhat decent.

But boy, Paper Mario. I face balmed so hard.

Well being in the UK, I found the presentation more satisfying, mostly because of the release date for Fire Emblem Fates in Europe. Starfox Zero looked pretty amazing, though not really fond of Starfox Guard, but I'll give it a try. looking forward to the DLC Packs For Hyrule Warriors Legends, here's hoping Nintendo will allow us to transfer it all the the Wii U version. Paper Mario looks alright, worth giving it a go. Apart from those and Tokyo Mirage Session #FE, everything else was just meh.

I'd take the lack of Zelda U in the direct as an indication that it's likely become Zelda NX.

I doubt that, E3 is coming up and that would be a good time to show off Zelda Wii U.

This direct wasn't as good as the November Direct, but I liked it.

It's nice to see that Project Guard ultimately made it as a feature in Starfox Zero. Now I just wonder what will become of Project Giant Robot. I think Starfox Zero comfortably looks like a Wii U game now. Perhaps it can be called a bit of a lower effort, like New Super Mario Bros. U, but it's come a long way since E3.

Honestly, I know people will be moaning about Paper Mario Color Splash for continuing Sticker Star's gameplay, but the game is absolutely gorgeous. I'm willing to give the gameplay a try to see if Nintendo at least fixed some of the most jarring aspects of Sticker Star.

Not many people here probably keep up with the Super Mario Maker updates, but I think the new additions are a great reason to start playing again. Spike pillars have been some of my favorite obstacles to avoid since Super Mario World, and I lost that Nintnedo is bringing back keys from Super Mario Bros. 2 while giving them a unique flair through red coins.

Other than that, I am extremely pleased that SNES games are coming to the Virtual Console on New 3DS. The New 3DS needed a compelling reason for people to buy one, and this nostlagia fix may do just that.

The likes of Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, and Kirby don't really appeal to me specifically, but I'm glad fans are getting more from their franchises. I know the Monster Hunter fans were especially eager for X, now called Generations, to come Westward. The 3DS had a slightly disappointing 2014 and 2015 for me, so it's reassuring I'll be coming back to it nonstop this year. As for the Wii U, I've already gotten bang for my buck. I've enjoyed the games we've gotten, and the solid announced games list should provide the system with a graceful death.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I kept my expectations low and was not disappointed. Bar Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, the third party offerings look much better than what Nintendo's parading around right now.

But Monster Hunter Generations by this summer? Yesssss. It good to get even more MH love here in the west.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom