• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I will simple say.
Great direct.
Cloud is epic!
TP HD- I thought they were originally showing the old version and were going to cut to the new version. Turns out I couldnt tell the difference between HD and normal. I've looked it up, and there's only a minor difference. I'm not gonna get TP HD, its just looking like a hold-over for Zelda U

Weirder then Pac-Man and Wii Fit Trainer?

Well, I meant "weird" as in it's a choice that doesn't seem to make much sense when you think about Nintendo along with FFVII. Wii Fit Trainer fits the old "Nintendo character you'd never think would make it" mold, such as Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, ROB, and Duck Hunt. Pac-Man makes sense because he's still appearing on Nintendo systems and is probably the second most iconic video game character behind only Mario himself.

Cloud is just weird because, like I said, his game symbolizes the "anti-Nintendo" mindset in a lot of ways, and perhaps marks Nintendo's greatest failure of all time as they drove off Square, refused to use a disk system for the N64, and missed out on a landmark title that became legendary because of it. Who knows what would have happened and how the entire gaming scene would change if FFVII had actually been a Nintendo exclusive?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Well, I meant "weird" as in it's a choice that doesn't seem to make much sense when you think about Nintendo along with FFVII. Wii Fit Trainer fits the old "Nintendo character you'd never think would make it" mold, such as Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, ROB, and Duck Hunt. Pac-Man makes sense because he's still appearing on Nintendo systems and is probably the second most iconic video game character behind only Mario himself.

Cloud is just weird because, like I said, his game symbolizes the "anti-Nintendo" mindset in a lot of ways, and perhaps marks Nintendo's greatest failure of all time as they drove off Square, refused to use a disk system for the N64, and missed out on a landmark title that became legendary because of it. Who knows what would have happened and how the entire gaming scene would change if FFVII had actually been a Nintendo exclusive?
Hmmm... I think this is definitely a reconciliation.
Just look at what happened in that direct. It was Square announcement after Square announcement!
Final Fantasy Explorers
Dragon Quest 6 and 7
Are all coming to 3DS.

Dragon quest 11 and FFlV are confirmed for NX.
I do not doubt one bit that KH3, FF7 Remaster, FFXV will come to the NX as well. Square is realizing that the JRPG audience is in Nintendo systems. It's just a fact especially looking at the 3DS. Square Enix also realized that they did their best work on Nintendo systems, and that Nintendo is willing to help them with anything they need. Square Enix is just coming back home, and Cloud is a true "building the bridge" act.
Just a reminder. Square refused to put Cloud in Playstation All-Stars as well. So Nintendo must be pretty special to Square now.

Dragon quest 11 and FFlV are confirmed for NX.
I do not doubt one bit that KH3, FF7 Remaster, FFXV will come to the NX as well. Square is realizing that the JRPG audience is in Nintendo systems. It's just a fact especially looking at the 3DS. Square Enix also realized that they did their best work on Nintendo systems, and that Nintendo is willing to help them with anything they need. Square Enix is just coming back home, and Cloud is a true "building the bridge" act.
Just a reminder. Square refused to put Cloud in Playstation All-Stars as well. So Nintendo must be pretty special to Square now.
Squaresoft and Enix were hige on the SNES. Maybe the NX is finally the Nintendo console that SquareEnix like enough to develop for. I think both had merged after they left Nintendo.
If a KH game comes to the NX, that's a pre-order for me. I liek the KH series. I just can't justify buying a new console for them. Well I will buy the NX but that's for more than just KH.
I might even get FF14 for NX. Might is the core word here as I am not really a FF (main series) fan. But if the game is good enough I just might get the standard version of it.

My question is why all of a sudden in SquareEnix coming back to Nintendo? I wonder what has changed to allow this to happen?
I don't think it's NX hardware power. My reasoning for that is XCX existing proves the WiiU can do amazing things. It could be a better software/game SDK for the NX by Nintendo and easier ways to cross develop for the NX as well as other platforms and ports.

We need ot remember that the WiiU on launch had amazing 3rd party support too. Nintendo screwed it all up though by not having a good Nintendo made game on launch. 3rd party games are rarely Nintendo console sellers but once the console is bought people will buy tons of 3rd party games for the Nintend console. Nintendo forgot that with the WiiU. Lets hope Nintendo do not forget this with the WiiU. People do buy their PS consoles for FF games. People do buyNintendo consoles for Mario, Zelda, Fox etc etc. FF games will probably not sell Nintendo consoles on their own as most of the FF fans are PS fans also. But for people (just like me) who already own a NX (for whatever great NX game Nintendo put out on launch), I will buy KH (and possibly FF14) as 2nd and 3rd games.

But if the NX launch is WiiU launch repeat I will not buy the console on launch day. I did not buy the WiiU on launch. I waited till a deal came out that interested me. I am just like everyone else. No one buys Nintendo consoles for the hardware. It's all about the software and the experience you have while you play it, ie the fun. Nintendo consoles are just the price of admission to paly the games, they are not the reason themselves like the PS consoles are for the PS fans, who love their PS hardware on it's own.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Well.... Um.... Instead of a Zelda direct I was hoping for on the 26th....

They are instead doing a Pokemon direct.....
Which is good I guess. I like Pokemon... But is this really needed? Does Nintendo have something tucked under their sleeve?

Now I'm certain we won't hear about Zelda until E3.... I'm not very happy about that. It better be a massive blowout then.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well.... Um.... Instead of a Zelda direct I was hoping for on the 26th....

They are instead doing a Pokemon direct.....
Which is good I guess. I like Pokemon... But is this really needed? Does Nintendo have something tucked under their sleeve?

Now I'm certain we won't hear about Zelda until E3.... I'm not very happy about that. It better be a massive blowout then.

I was not hoping exactly for a 30th anniversary trailer or something, because I have learnt not to hope for Nintendo but it would have been good for them to do that.

I don't care for pokemon so this is not exciting for me.

With SS they blew out too much info and when I played the game I knew every area already, perhaps they are holding off for that reason to try and do things differently. Though not showing anything does create disinterest in the game.

I was told yesterday how TPHD has already sold 600,000 copies and could well beat out Mario Kart 8's launch. It would therefore be better for that game to get the spotlight until it is out and then focus on ZU.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
THERES A NEW GENERAL NINTENDO DIRECT TOMORROW!

Maybe Zelda could be a late summer title, you never know.....
Ah who am I kidding, their not going to show it off...
But at least we will get to see StarFox.

New Nintendo Direct coming soon.

QV6GOTp.jpg

pPTtndP.jpg

AS1Thhv.jpg

THERES A NEW GENERAL NINTENDO DIRECT TOMORROW!

Maybe Zelda could be a late summer title, you never know.....
Ah who am I kidding, their not going to show it off...
But at least we will get to see StarFox.
Damn you beat me by one minute . . . just kidding you're cool :) . You're just so good with getting the info out there. Well done. At least I shared the times for everyone.

Mido

Version 1
This is great news, especially since we're getting a larger slice of the pie with a whole season of projected games ahead!

Unfortunately, I think I'm missing this one as well, but I am eager to see what's in store!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Damn you beat me by one minute . . . just kidding you're cool :) . You're just so good with getting the info out there. Well done. At least I shared the times for everyone.
I have a pretty odd schedule that almost directly lines up with when Nintendo releases information. A lot of people may think that I am online 24-7, howeber, that is mostly not the case. The time I wake up, take a shower, check email, and then check gaming news lines up with when Nintendo releases news. Then when I come home and check for info, I am always one of the first in the know.
It's very odd that way I admit, as it isn't intentional.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think it's game info in the direct and NX info at E3.
That's exactly what it could be. They won't be discussing NX in this direct.

I wonder what format this direct will take however... Kimishima did say that he wanted to change the format of directs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom