• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The New Writing Community Competition: Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Hello and welcome to the newly reinstated Zelda Dungeon Writing Community Competition! This is the place where Zelda Dungeon members get a chance to show off their writing chops each week by tackling a unique theme. Spectators will get to vote on the best piece and crown a winner for the week, and then we do it all over again next week!

For those new to the competition, it's very simple. Each week, a theme will be announced along with a word limit. You then have 7 days to write, edit, and submit an piece of writing that fits that theme to the host of the contest. Once the deadline has passed, the host will post another thread with all of the submitted entries and a poll so users can vote for their favorite. The theme for that weeks competition will also be announced in that thread. At the end of the week, the piece with the most votes will be announced as the winner, and the author will receive an award that will display on their profile!

It's been a little while since we last had one of these, so I'm excited to get things back rolling with a round of great pieces of writing. But before we do that, let's review the rules for the competition.

1. No recycled work. Please make sure you're writing a new piece every week. Even if the themes overlap, past entries are ineligible for competition in future weeks.
2. Your entry must be an original piece. We'll be monitoring, so don't plagiarize things. This is meant to be a place where people can show off their abilities; don't cheapen it by stealing.
3. All entries must be submitted by the contest deadline. Don't make my job harder than it needs to be - make sure you submit your entries before the deadline!
4. Follow the theme! Self-explanatory.
5. No voting for yourself! Spread the love, guys.
5. Have fun, and don't be depressed if you lose! We're all friends here, and one of the great things about this competition is that it gives you incentive to improve! If you don't win one week, try again the next week. You're bound to improve over time, and eventually you'll be a winner!

So without further ado, this week's theme will be:
The Legend of Zelda
Max 500 words

It's a broad theme for this first week so that we can ease everybody back into the swing of things, as well as hopefully invite new people to take a crack at it!

When you are ready to submit your entry, please send it to me in a private message (PM) by 9:00 PM EST on Friday, June 29th.

Let's hear those pens scratching!

Last edited:
How do I submit im new to this.

GaroXicon said:
When you are ready to submit your entry, please send it to me in a private message (PM) by 9:00 PM EST on Friday, June 29th.

Either go to his profile and click "Send Private Message" or click "Private Messages" underneath "Blogs," then click "Send New Message" and address it to GaroXicon. Of course, don't private message him until you have your entry prepared, though. ;)

Also, I will be entering.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm in, hopefully I can get better at writing through this. Good luck to all entry members!!

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
What about max words? I am guessing it can be a short tale or a medium or long tale, eh?

Hm, I guess I will try and see whether I can make room in my already busy schedule. What am I saying, of course I am in.

--Edit--Oh, I missed it. It's just under the theme, lol. 500 words, eh? No problem. ;)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yep, Hero, I sorta missed that. But I went back to read the main post and found out. XD

So I am guessing it can be based off of any Zelda game, eh? *goes away muttering something*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom