• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Mystery of the Ruins (BOTW)

blitz_dragon

The Hero of the Wild
Hey everyone! As you may already know BOTW contains a lot of interesting ruins. Whether it's the ranch ruins, the various ruins of forts across the map, or the ruins of villages primarily found in the Hebra region and Hyrule Field.

However I'm more so curious about four of these ruins.

The Forgotten Temple:

Seemingly the most important location for a shrine, this place includes a small army of Guardians, a large statue of Hylia, and the Tunic of the Wild, but what could it have been in the past? Another "Temple of Time"?

The Ruins of the Faron Forest:

These ruins are gigantic, with tall, ornate stone pillars, and they all follow the same style. The Barbarian Gear is also said to have come from a tribe deep within the Faron Region, so could this tribe have built the large monuments? If not, any indication as to what these ruins used to be?

The Thyphlo Ruins:

A place perpetually covered in darkness, with some crumbling stone structures sitting amidst the haunting forest. Why is this place so dark at all times? I'm pretty sure it's not the monk's doing, since if it was it would stop once you finished his shrine. Could it be a curse placed upon the village in the ruins? The area is just north of the Lost Woods too, and both are forests, so maybe some of the magic from the Lost Woods affected it. What do you think?

The Ruins of the Great Plateau:

Now I'm not sure if the various stone structures have been linked with any previous towns or constructions, but I'm very curious to know as to what the ruins around the Bomb Shrine used to be, and more so how the Great Plateau even became raised.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I'd love to see some artwork of what the original buildings may have looked like. Considering Nintendo's impeccable track record, I'm sure some of the ruins are from SSB or something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom