• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Mysterious TP Ending

Zarom

The King
There is one thing I have never been sure of. It is as follows:

Why does Midna break the Mirror of Twilight at the end of the game? :huh:

I've never been sure about that, so I wanna hear your toughts and reasons about it.

I have one reason to it, but I won't post it right now (it could influence your toughts). But I will make my deduction about it later on this thread.

Hope you have fun! :clap:

Last edited:
MIDNA
Well...I guess this is farewell, huh?
Light and shadow can't mix, as we all know.
But...
Never forget that there's another world bound to this one.

PRINCESS ZELDA
Shadow and light are two sides of the same coin...
One cannot exist without the other.
I know now the reason the goddesses left the Mirror of Twilight in this
world...
They left it because it was their design that we should meet.
Yes... That is what I believe.

MIDNA
Zelda... Your words are kind, and your heart is true.
If all in Hyrule are like you...
Then maybe you'll do all right.
Thank you...
Well, the princess spoke truly: as long as that mirror's around, we could meet
again...
Link...
I...
See you later...

Well I think it says it right there. As long as that mirror existed, light and shadow could always come together and go into each others world's. So, she destroyed the mirror so that an event such as Twilight Princess could never happen again.

I think that Midna broke the mirror to make sure that the events of Twilight Princess never happen again.

It also shows how far she has develop as a character.
Midna breaks the mirror to protect the world of light(which she's grown to love).
The Midna at the start of Twilight Princess probably would not have broken the mirror.

That's how I look at the scene of Midna destroying the mirror.

Zarom

The King
I have one reason to it, but I won't post it right now (it could influence your toughts). But I will make my deduction about it later on this thread.

Hope you have fun! :clap:

Remember that? Well, what I tought have been confirmed. Thanks for posting! :D

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Yeah. Midna broke the Mirror of Twilight so the two worlds could no longer mix. And the events of Twilight Princess would never ever happen again. If she left the Mirror of Twilight like that, more bad things could happen. Sure, they could visit eachother as much as they wanted (Link and Midna), but I think Midna would rather keep the World of Light safe even if it means not being able to see Link or Zelda again.

The answer I believe is very simple, Like many have said above....

Midna decided that as leader of her people and the only being that can truly destroy the Twilight Mirror that she had the duty from then on to stop anything happening like the events in Twilight Princess again.

Therefore by destroying the mirror Shadow could not fall on Hyrule again, well, through the same means (sp?) that it did in TP.

Last edited:

Zarom

The King
So, in that case, Midna is very brave... she would rather destroy the Mirror so these evens never happens again rather than just be able to see her friends (Link & Zelda) anytime she likes. Yep. That's very wise and nice for her. :)

A

Anthony

Minda shattered the Mirror, so that the events that occured previously could not repeat themselves, and Hyrule would never fall into shadow again.
Minda may have wanted to stay with Link in the Light world, but realising the danger, she shattered the Mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom