• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Mysterious Girl

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
So in the released artwork, there was a mysterious girl that was the main discussion topic. If you could name her, just based on looks, what would it be?

I would personally call her, Ashi, just because I think it fits.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
For some reason I feel inclined to call her Myrelle (MY-rull). I don't really know why that was the first name to come to my head though.

Now that I think about it though, Myrelle sounds almost like Hyrule with a M (for Master Sword I guess). Haha, weird unintentional coincidences.

C

celibi88

lets see i would name her midna v.2

but seriously she looks like a merlina to me cause she seems magic

B

BY2K

Nintendo could still scrap the idea and change the story during development. I hope they didn't, thought. Having a personification/Incarnation/Spirit of the Master Sword is a pretty fresh and cool idea for the Zelda series.

Also, I liked the name that was mentioned in the 2ch rumours. Aderu (which is basically Adelle pronounced in Japanese)/Adelle/Adella.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I never really bothered to give her a name other than 'the girl', so I just tend to go along with what I see. Therefore, currently, it's Adelle. I'm not clever enough to come up with something interesting. :P

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I wonder what she is exactly, what race she is in the zelda series? if I had to put a name to her right now it would be... Silva, because it sounds nice and she has a silvery glow about her. almost ethereal but after seeing ST i hope Nintendo doesn't re-use the whole ghost/spirit idea. I'm gunna go out on a limb and say that for at least a portion of the game this character will be a guide to Link, maybe for the whole game or just the introductory portion. But for some reason she reminds me very much of a navi like character. Navi was the first sidekick and i think we needed one for that first 3D Zelda, but now we have an all new zelda thats going to try and throw a lot of new stuff at us. I think she is here to walk us through the new Wii motion plus gimmicks and things of that nature. whatever we haven't done before in zelda games, this character will probably explain it, once we get to play the game that is.

F

Forsaken

I dunno she looks more like a "Luma" to me.
It will be some unguessable Zelda-esque name!

I agree, the names "Nintendo" comes up to the Zelda series NPCs are truly unique, and so are their looks and stories.
(You may say the character names from ST are pretty stupid -- Anjean = Engine etc, but I still think that the "big" console ones are really elaborated and unguessable.)

Yes, I wonder what race she belongs to, as well. She sure reminds me of a sidekick-like character... perhaps another Navi look-alike. Who knows... All we've got so far are speculations.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
A while before the 2chan rumours, I'd taken to calling her "A" (Ay), because I was sick of having to say "that-girl-who-looks-like-the-master-sword-or-wind-waker-queen-fairy". Hey, if the rumours are true, I got the first letter right! xDDD Kidding, but I'm just going to call her Adelle until further notice. I actually really like that name for her, and it does have some logic behind it. Apparently, "Adela" was "originally a short form of names beginning with the Germanic 'adal'' meaning "noble". Saint Adela was a 7th-century Frankish princess who founded a monastery at Pfazel in France. This name was also borne by a daughter of William the Conqueror."
So if that is her final name, it's a good choice, and if it isn't, I'll probably still end up calling her "Adelle" sometimes anyway. But think about this; what if you could name her ingame, like you could name Epona in TP....

Q

Quazaar

Aouda. I read "Around the World in 80 Days" and if I remember correctly there was a character named Aouda and I thought it fit.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
so much speculation surrounds this new character, i'd be surprised if Nintendo hadn't released this picture on purpose just so that we could rack our brains trying to figure out who she is. It has become a very popular topic, so much so that I am beginning to think that there is a lot that we don't know about her, though it is really fun to theorize. Maybe she will be a late introduction to the game, or an early one... maybe she will tell us the names of the enemies like navi did, i always liked that. Or perhaps she will take the role of princess Zelda and we will be forced to save this unknown girl instead. Anything is possible when it comes to what role the mysterious girl will play. I look forward to ZW for this reason (and many others) because I think we will be surprised with who Nintendo has paired our hero up with this time. <3 ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom