• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Mysteries of "Fairy Island" and the Fairy Queen

Anemos

Master of Chaos
I remember trying to go beyond the borders of my map of the Great Sea when I was playing the Wind Waker once. I didn't get anywhere, obviously. But is the Great Sea all that there is?

Quite possibly, no.

I decided to browse the figurines in the Nintendo Gallery recently.

I just browsed the figurines, when I noticed something: the Fairy Queen's figurine. I read the description, but something didn't add up.

Upon inspection, it was her birthplace. Fairy Island does not exist on the map.

So, where is it? I thought it may be "Mother Isle" of the Mother and Child Isles, but it already had a name.

This left me with three possible answers.

The first possibility is that there is a place beyond the Great Sea. But how? How can it exist if you can't possibly reach it? Well, think with Lost Woods and the fog used by the Ghost Ship in Phantom Hourglass. Those would stop you from going anywhere.

Could it be possible that there is a kind of magic barrier around the Great Sea that prevents anyone from leaving? We may never know for sure.

The second possibility is that an island got renamed and some record that the Nintendo Gallery keeps for the "info" feature for the figurines wasn't kept up-to-date. The two candidates that seemed most likely for this were the Angular Isles and the Mother and Child Isles. They both have some evidence supporting that they may once have been "Fairy Island".

Some of you are thinking right now, "Hey! Wait a minute! Both of the two candidates are "isles". They are plural. What's with that? Fairy Island is singular!"

Suppose that, over time, erosion or some other ground-separating event (like an earthquake) occurred. The one "isle" would separate into two "isles". The Fishmen wouldn't bother telling you the name of the island before it became "isles". His information on history is already proven to be lacking. A good example would be his stories of the mythical "Triumph Forks".

There are a few things to support the idea of the Mother and Child Isles once having been Fairy Island. Firstly, the Queen of Fairies lives there. It could be possible that she hasn't moved from her birthplace her entire life. There also seems to be an abundance of fairies on there too, but that is kind of redundant if the Queen of Fairies lives there.

The Angular Isles also have a piece of evidence supporting the idea that they were once Fairy Island: The Great Fairies were born there. The figurine for the Great Fairies in the Nintendo Gallery says that they were born on the Angular Isles. It may be that the Queen of Fairies was born there too.

The third possibility I came up with was that the Queen of Fairies in the Wind Waker was, in fact, Venus from ALttP. Believe it or not, there is a lot of evidence that Venus was not just part of A Link to the Past.

I would like to bring up something that absolutely no one has seemed to notice. Maybe it's because no one here has studied Greek/Roman mythology, but the Fairy Queen of Twilight Princess is Venus. How do I know this, you ask? Depictions of Venus (Aphrodite) from Greek/Roman mythology are alike in almost every detail to that of the Fairy Queen that lives in the Cave of Ordeals. I believe that these references to the namesake of the Fairy Queen from ALttP is Nintendo's way of saying that the TP Fairy Queen is the same fairy.

But what does this have to do with Fairy Island? Perhaps a picture would help enlighten the idea.

PGx.jpg

Look at the picture. Venus lives in the island in the middle of Lake Hylia. And there we have it. I've said it.

She lives in the island in the middle of Lake Hylia.

Of course, this possibility is both the most fitting (in my opinion) and the most controversial. Many timelines have WW before ALttP, and some people have ALttP on the other side of the timeline from WW. I'm not one to delve into timeline theory, so I'll leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom