• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Music of Zelda Wii U

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Skrillex is working hard on it, don't you worry.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No, absolutely not.

But seriously, the developing cycle of this game really makes me wonder about the soundtrack. If they don't deliver, than that is bothersome.

Diamondarrow67

Hero of Time
Never forget what franchise this is and who's making it. Nintendo is known for its amazing soundtracks even in the old 8 bit days. And I do agree that Nagamatsu would be an excellent successor to Koji Kondo

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No, absolutely not.

But seriously, the developing cycle of this game really makes me wonder about the soundtrack. If they don't deliver, than that is bothersome.

It will be a separate team working on music to the game design, so the music team will probably have been to work a lot later in development. Especially if the cut scenes are not finalised. I wouldn't be surprised if all the music is not even done yet.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Never forget what franchise this is and who's making it. Nintendo is known for its amazing soundtracks even in the old 8 bit days. And I do agree that Nagamatsu would be an excellent successor to Koji Kondo
I am more talking about quality in both music and composing however. For example, Skyward Sword's soundtrack was lackluster for being forgettable. Also, with a game such as this one, there needs to be an absurd amount of songs(Something along the lines of TP's variety would be very nice). This means that each boss gets a separate boss theme, there are a ton of area themes, many NPC's have their own themes, there are different themes for night and day, ect.

A game such as Xenoblade Chronicles X was admittedly pretty lackluster in this regard. All of the music was really good, but there wasn't that much of it actually played, and a small amount of songs compared to the game.
It will be a separate team working on music to the game design, so the music team will probably have been to work a lot later in development. Especially if the cut scenes are not finalised. I wouldn't be surprised if all the music is not even done yet.
At Nintendo, I believe that the sound designers are working alongside Game Designers after the initial for the planning and rough development is in process. Meaning, when they have a running build, i.e. before E3 2014, composers start composing music. It is when the game is ready to be shown off, the composers make the main theme for advertising, and they run with it until they are done.

We can especially see this with Xenoblade Chronicles X soundtrack, where Sawano created songs almost 3 years before the release of the game. He even released songs on the JP website of it very early in development. He even put Melancholia in one of his albums way before Xenoblade Chronicles X released.

Orchestrated ofcourse. I want to hear the Hyrule Field (Zelda main theme) on the overworld for sure at one point. But make several music pieces for the overworld because it's the biggest in the series otherwise it would get stale.

Also hope there will be epic boss music and nice dungeon music that fits the dungeon your in.

And ofcourse cool character themes like Groose, Midna, Zelda, and Hilda.

And let's not forget an epic final boss theme.

Diamondarrow67

Hero of Time
I would like to see a similiar theme to what was used in ocarina of times menu screen (Fun fact:The doh doh doh doh doh doh was in smb3 with the warp whistle)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom