• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Movie"The Hero of Time"

The actor who plays Link is sexy :P

oh and overall the movie was good, scenes and events went by too fast but it was good for a low budget movie.

EDIT by Petman1325: For those who don't know where the movie is, the website can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Avilink777

It sucked, for the first movie that I saw based on The legend of Zelda, It S.U.C.K.E.D :sick:. The Graphics were Terrible, The Beginning took forever, and they skipped about Two thirds of the game!!Please post your feelings on the movie if you watched it:ganondorf:

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
I agree, the movie really did stink. The beginning made it seem really interesting. I continued to watch and it really stunk. The acting to be honest was one reason I disliked it. The other reason is the graphics, yes. I honestly didn't understand the plot. I know how OOT is basically laid out, but the plot of the movie kind of - bleh - and only thing I really liked about it was Ganondorf speaking and stuff. I always liked Link as the good guy, but in the movie, Link wasn't... Link. He kind of acted differently than what I'd imagine he'd act like, but we all think differently. Overall, the movie gets a 7.5/10. :/

I think it was pretty good movie. Link's hair, Deku Tree, Goron (random asian guy), Zelda having black hair and some bad dialogue made it bit funny at times, but it was still pretty darn good in my opinnion. Enjoyed every minute of it. Favorite parts were when Link climbs Death Mountain while majestic forest view shows on the background and "epic" final sword battle between Link and Ganondorf. I would recommend any Zelda fan to watch at least once.

As indie movie: 7/10
For Zelda fans: 9/10

Kazumi

chagy
Eh. I watched the movie yesterday. It was not to bad. Better then any movie I have seen recently. (New movies that is) That may just be because I'm a Zelda fan.. But.. And I'm not to sure what you mean by Graphics.. Because it was a live action movie.. But if you mean CGI, yeah, of course it was bad, if not non-existent. I mean, this is a fan made, low budget film. And for what it is, it's really not that bad. I'm going to download the DVD and show it to my friends next week. (Yay for Winter Vacation) I thought that the sets where kind of cool. Again, I was kind of disappointed in the Goron (I mean come on..), but I can forgive it because of the low budget. I think it was better then any other person could have done.. Though if they do make an official Zelda movie, I don't want Live Action..

And as for the plot, they wanted to make it original as possible. You really cannot put an entire game (OoT) into an hour and a half time slot. Plus it would get kind of boring. And, I'm sure they didn't want someone to be like, "Hey. This is JUST like Ocarina of Time", and risk being sued.. Still. Not to bad of a movie. I give it 8/10.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I agree, the movie really did stink. The beginning made it seem really interesting. I continued to watch and it really stunk. The acting to be honest was one reason I disliked it. The other reason is the graphics, yes. I honestly didn't understand the plot. I know how OOT is basically laid out, but the plot of the movie kind of - bleh - and only thing I really liked about it was Ganondorf speaking and stuff. I always liked Link as the good guy, but in the movie, Link wasn't... Link. He kind of acted differently than what I'd imagine he'd act like, but we all think differently. Overall, the movie gets a 7.5/10. :/

I haven't bothered to watch it yet, though I have seen the trailers... and thought "meh." I've been debating whether or not to give it my time, but what you said at the end there makes me twitch a bit...

They didn't keep Link a total good guy? Explain...

I mean, Link is one of those characters that I'm personally attatched to as the "classic Hero" as in "definite good guy/purely noble." That is how I see the character (all the Links of all the games, really, he is an archetype). I read a lot of fan fiction and nothing will get me clicking away from a fanfic quicker than attempts to turn Link into the villain or even into an anti-hero. Everyone has their own interpretations, but I actually "believe in heroes" as it were and like purity. (Perhaps it's because I don't see enough of it in real life, let me have that in my fiction, please). There are other characters that do that for me, too. If I want to watch an anti-hero in action, I'll pop in one of my Trigun tapes and look to Wolfwood (but not to Vash, as he's one of my "keep him pure" types, too). So, I'm just a real stickler for that, I prefer "my Link" to be pure-hearted and such.

Explain if you would? If he's not a good "pure and just" hero-archetype in this movie, I'm just going to avoid it outright.

Mikenike

Thanks, Mike
It sucked, for the first movie that I saw based on The legend of Zelda, It S.U.C.K.E.D :sick:. The Graphics were Terrible, The Beginning took forever, and they skipped about Two thirds of the game!!Please post your feelings on the movie if you watched it:ganondorf:
It was a fanmade movie and for a low budget it was good. There is a thread explaining this in detail. If you would like to sit through a 30hour movie going into eevry detail in the game get a life. I love zelda but not to the point that. Giev them a break they are not perfessionals. I want you to try and make a movie with no budget, funding, or professional equiptment.

Anubis

The most inactive active
That movie...meh...think what you want about it but I didnt like it. :P But for a movie they show for free well then I guess it was okay, heh! Thats my opinion..

H

Hero0fTimeLink

I liked this movie. It was like a dream come true I mean come on? The best video game series into a movie thats just awesome! (A movie not a TV series.......well exuse me princess D:<) Aside from the mistakes they had like why did Link go 5 years into the future and not 7? And the King look so bad almost like the burger king king xD.But I overall liked it. Espically the scene where he fights the dodongo and the fire sage freaks Link out. And it was new to see Link talk but I got use to it quickly and it made me see how nice Link was.

I just watched the movie, but didn't like it. Acting was really bad, sorry! Although I guess the special effects were pretty good for a just fan- made low- budget film. But otherwise, I think this movie spoiled the beauty of the game ocarina of time in my opinion.

Z

zeldim

In my opinion the movie sucked... I mean, an asian guy as a goron? Dude, lame! On and btw Haxon15, there's a link on the homepage of zeldadungeon. Check it out!

I thought it was pretty good for such a low-budget movie. Sure, the acting wasn't the greatest, and the characters were clearly visible in the CGI effects, but remember the budget. They really wrapped up the basic storyline of Ocarina of Time into their own creative package. Some scenes really dragged on, which almost caused me to click out of the movie. And an Asian for a Goron? They may have been low-budget, but, seriously. =/

Still, it was really interesting, and overall I give it a 8/10. And I may be the only one to notice, but did Link have a Songbird ocarina? :eek:carina:
Fairy_49b9c8120ed04_150x150.jpg

G

GerudoRose

I thought the acting was horrible. As for a low budget film, it was not bad. The sets, the graphics, and the special effects were pretty good in my opinion. However, I did not like how the actors protrayed in this movie. When its a serious scene like Link trying to fight off the ninjas or Ganon's lackeys to save Zelda at the end of the film, I kept laughing all the way from the cheesy dialouge or how the actors performed. I could not take the actors seriously! However, they did a good try on their take of the game.

N

NiaSoPurdy

i thought it was great for a low budget movie but some things did throw me off...such as link's "mom"...link didn't have a mom, ALSO i could have sworn they said her name was saria....i was weirded out by that b/c that is not in the game lol....plus link was supposed to be boyish but he still looked like a grown man AND his "mom" looked his age....i thought they did a great job with the great deku tree.....ummmm i thought the guy who played ganondorf was perfect actually....malon and talon weren't potrayed at their best....neither was zelda...the fire sage was weird lol.....but i mean it was good for a low budget, fan made, film so kudos to them...who knows, they may get a big break one day and do an even better job and turn it into a big time production...they may even get permission from nintendo to do it all the way and really break it down for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom