• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Motion Controls Work Great!

Due to the terrible technical difficulties Shiggy faced when he showed the world Skyward Sword, a lot of people were worried with how well it actually plays. I just found a video of the presentation of Skyward Sword during Paris Games Week, and this is how it should have gone in America. Here is the video. Enjoy, and rest easy. The controls work great.

Oh, and if you watch to the end you will see a few neat things that I personally have never seen before such as throwing the boulder down the hill, or stabbing the pumpkin fruit and moving it around like a shishkabob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx2qIYp3uXo

T

The Wind Fish

Wow they work great! When you get hit by an enemy, this little white heart falls out of you. I didn't notice that before.

K

khalil

yeah i just wish that the sword would follow links hand even when he swings you can notice that when the people swing link automatically attacks yes, in the direction that the person swung the remote but i want it to be so that there is no automatic swing you do it all yourself

yeah i just wish that the sword would follow links hand even when he swings you can notice that when the people swing link automatically attacks yes, in the direction that the person swung the remote but i want it to be so that there is no automatic swing you do it all yourself

Next game dude! :D

I don't think that will make a big difference though... Cause if you swing you swing you know... I think they left it like that for the lazier people.

Yeah, they said they could have kept it Wii Sports Resport esque where the swing action doesn't actually occur, but they set it to certain angles so the player wouldn't mess up as much and get mad and throw the controller. And yes, what Water-Is-Evil said, some people don't want to swing as hard as a real sword every time while some of us do. It'll probably feel a lot more natural when playing it than it looks.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, it doesn't look as difficult as I was afraid it would be. You don't have to control the details of the swing, you just have to point in the right direction and swing horizontally or vertically. That means there are probably only four directions to worry about, possibly only two. So if an enemy blocks you, theoretically, it's easy to adjust for it if you're paying attention.

I had fears earlier that the sword would be too hard to control, and require too much attention to detail along with rapid response. But this doesn't look quite as hard as what I'd imagined.

It seems as if they finally have the technology to achieve what they were trying to achieve in AoL with enemies blocking... a game where it feels more like you're really fighting the enemies. If you assume they had the same vision back then, it makes sense that they had all those empty towns, incorporated all the RPG elements, and switched to 2D combat for more detailed sprites, etc... they were doing everything they could think of, but the technology just wasn't ready. Now it is.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yay! That looks great, the perfect combonation of OoT and TP. The control system looks fairly easy, similar to TP but it seems a bit more refined. I like the way he barely raised his arm so it requires less effort and wires to get tangled up in, I mean can't they invent a wireless nunchuck? But I await this games release with anticipation :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
After watching the vid it looks more easier to use the controller. Indeed a bit the same as in TP but with more options. It was funny to see how Link threw the bomb into the Deku baba's mouth. I don't really mind if you have to swing the controller hard or a bit. I think when you're playing the game you will automatically get into it and swing it around harder anyway as if it was a real sword. I can't wait till it's released!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom