• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Most Under-utilised Nintendo IP

With a new console comes the familiar thoughts of which nintendo IPs will return and which will take a hiatus by skipping the gen altogether. (while its my opinion that every ninty IP should have at least one game on every console, it just doesn't happen).

But when they do return, some of them return better than ever, like Metroid with Metroid Prime for example, hard to believe that what followed Super Metroid on the home console front was so radically different yet completely the same,...

But what about the IPs who just havent found their stride?

Take donkey Kong for example, we've had him 25+ years and he has had one 3D game in his life, is this enough? Can he make a living off of 2D alone giving the advancements in hardware?

What about yoshi? Has he ever had a game that revitalised and his name and put him on the map? is he in need of one?

Which nintendo IPs do you think should come back and give all they're worth? Who would you want to make the game? A second party studio like Retro or Next Level? Would it be the same kind of game as previous instalments for that character like kirby and dk?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
F-Zero, Kirby, Metroid, and DK all need revivals...well Kirby is still fairly recent but still.

I say treat us to expansive 3D titles for all of them. Don't really care who does them. :)

Metroid first and foremost. They even skipped the 25th anniversary. :( Some others I think that are underused would be the Kid Icarus series with only 3 games. Mother in general is just sore unappreciated. But I might be in the minority but we need more Advance Wars games or even maybe updated remakes of older Fire Emblem games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah Star Fox is another one. I'm curious, though. What's Nintendo's deal? Are they themselves just oblivious to the IPs, do they consciously ignore them, or do they have a great too many ideas on board for each one?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Star Fox everytime. Why haven't we had Lylat Wars 2? I would buy the **** out of that.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think it is about freaking time we see another Donkey Kong game in glorious 3D. DK64 is one of my favourite games of all, and it is certainly my favourite in the franchise. DK3D is just too good to pass up!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
We need a Metroid Prime game for the 3DS.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have fond memories of Hunters for the DS, and I'm disappointed we haven't seen a continuation of the mobile series for the 3DS.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Starfox for sure, give us some HD star fox with the more awesomeness from the n64 version and not what ever the gamecube version was.

Act Raiser would be awesome to see come back. And put the guy in Super Smash Bros.
"Ok i'm Link who are you gonna use"
"God"

Lol that'd be great.

Wait who actually owned that game's rights? (guess its Square Enix that made it)

Still I'd love to see that game remade.

As far as actual nintendo IP's besides star fox? I can't off the top of my head really think of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom