• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The most non-Zelda Zelda title

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
AoL. It's a side-scroller, Link has lives, and above all there is an experience point system. In fact, it feels more like an RPG/platformer type of game rather than a traditional Zelda game since it focuses more on combat and less on exploration and puzzle-solving.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
AoL, there is just no doubt about it. To be clear, in no way is it a bad game because it doesn't follow the traditional formula, it's still super great. But the game was made before Zelda could identify itself and what it was about. For all Nintendo knew, Zelda would go on to be a FPS. There was no formula or direction for the series, so this game came out drastically different than the rest.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'd say AoL, but at the time there wasn't really a definition of a Zelda game, since it was only the second.
Because of that, I'll say FS. You only have those levels you can go to from level select, the goal is to collect money, and I'm not fond of multiplayer Zeldas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom