• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The most mysterious places in Zelda

Zelda has a lot of unique places but which ones stand out to you as being the most mysterious?

Which places do you want to know more about, or just aren't happy with the amount of information we have on them?

Are these mysterious places part of your favourite Zelda game?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The Lost Woods. I once theorized it might be a crossroads between dimensions, afterall we find the portal to Termina in what I presume is a deep section of the Lost Woods. Everything about the area defies the laws of physics, so I'd like to know if it's a natural anomaly, or if it was magically created.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
The Lost Woods. I once theorized it might be a crossroads between dimensions, afterall we find the portal to Termina in what I presume is a deep section of the Lost Woods. Everything about the area defies the laws of physics, so I'd like to know if it's a natural anomaly, or if it was magically created.

you took words out of my mouth, SMS! The lost woods part/intro of MM is super intriguing. Like, that's where the actual portal to Termina is! What's up with that? The fact that the game gives us an intro in an area that we can't return to is so cool.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Stone Tower. It was what really got me into theorizing about Zelda. It has so much symbolism and oddities like the giant face as the entrance to the temple, the hand pointing upward that's on fire, the four smaller towers, the green portal and way more.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
termina in general is a stand out place, b/w ikana canyon or the wood's of mystery [basically the lost woods] or the four giants, the whole place has its own lore to unpackage that unfortunately we probably won't be seeing again

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
the twilight realm. I always thought it was interesting.

Also Renado's Basement in TP. How does it lead to a graveyard AND
a secret canon storage?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The Ikana Kingdom, hands down. It's such an interesting place in terms of lore, yet we know so little about it beyond the fact that it had its own monarchy. There are little snippets thrown in here and there, but overall much of the kingdom's lore is left to mystery and speculation.

Though, to be honest, I don't really hate that. Majora's Mask is a game that is full of history in general, and having this entire kingdom within the world of Termina with its own monarchy, composer brothers, and a random music box house in the centre, it just makes the game more interesting and is very effective as the final main area explored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom