• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Most Anti-Climatic Moment in Skyward Sword.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lanayru Desert. The Lanayru Temple of Time specifically. Link has just got to the stone bridge leading him to the Temple. He is relieved as she sees Zelda with her servant Impa. Just as he is running towards her there is a loud crash from Link's back. A slim figure leaps from the rubble to unveil himself. It's Ghirahim, our favorite Disney princess! Using his troll- dark sword he raises a diamond barrier leaving a helpless Link to watch in terror. Ghirahim dashes in Zelda's direction. Only to be counterattacked by Impa. Impa's awesome blue wave of energy is enough to keep Ghirahim from getting to Her Grace. Before Zelda goes to the Gate as Impa ordered, Zelda gives Link him the Goddess Harp! Since Ghirahim is focusing his troll-magic on Impa, the barrier imprisoning Link diminishes. Just in time for Link to intervene after Ghirahim's sword pierces Impa's defenses. With no time to waste Link quickly attempts to jump-attack Ghirahim from behind, but Ghirahim jumps out of the way. The last thing Link hears from Zelda is that she will see him again. After Impa destroys the Gate of Time, there is silence. The mood is set. Nobody to interfere. Just Link and him. Not a single distraction. The duel on the bridge. Is about to begin. Until................................. "I'd take pleasure in punishing you, but I have no time for recreation. But next time, I'll do more than just beat you senseless. I'll make the affair so excruciating, you'll deafen yourself with the shrill sound of your own screams." And that's the last out of Ghirahim on this before he teleports to........wherever. After that cutscene I was hoping Ghirahim might come behind you and try to kill you which would trigger a fight but when I realized that wouldn't happen, I saw a major plot element Nintendo had just missed. After that cutscene I sat up straight on my couch with my jaws on the floor and said: What. The. Fuu-. How could Nintendo do that!? They set up the PERFECT mood for a fight with Ghirahim, and what do they do? They make him teleport away. If a fight had occurred on the stone bridge, it would've been hard since it'd be difficult to move due to it's narrow-ness. And Ghirahim said it himself: He says should "reprimanded" him. This time would have been a good time to do that Maybe they wanted to keep the mano e mano, duel for the final boss BUT STILL. That was probably the most anti-climatic cutscene I've seen in Skyward Sword if not the whole Zelda series. But what are your thoughts on this? Did you think that cutscene was good? Were there other cutscenes you thought were anti-climatic?

Last edited:
I agree with you in that the feeling to take it to Girahim after a fun dungeon and a disappointing boss was definitely there and after that very awesome sneak attack Link pulled on him after Impa's shield had been broken i was itching for a fight. But SS is still formulaic and i knew i wouldn't get it, though i was more interested in the fact that Link had just technically spoken...

For me though the most anticlimactic scene in SS was dropping the Skyview temple on the Imprisoned. I was waiting for some kind of cataclysmic event to help put the wow factor in SS (since i didnt really enjoy the game) and it never came. Common sense told me that a part of Skyloft would fall but it was just so disappointing when it did. :-/

The cutscene following Demise was awful too, not a great ending to a Zelda game really... Twilight Princess and Wind Waker had the best endings in my opinion. For Skyward Sword the best bits were in the middle.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I thought that it was a great cutscene and one of my favorites in the game, my favorite up to that point, and was not anti-climatic by any means.

S

Sir Hardnips

When I finished the Rupee Dig on Expert. After digging and exploding for hours, I got a dumb Golden Skull. FML

R

RetroStalfos

For me, the most anti-climatic moment was (SPOILERS!!!)...

The final boss. It wasn't bad by any means, but after twilight princess, I was kind of expecting them to be firing on all cylinders for the finale again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom