• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Mogmas

Linkerjuax

Bongo-Bongo
Hey guys, it's been a long time :D I'm glad to be back hehe, anyway I have a question about the Mogmas from SS:
What happened to them?
Did they just dissapeared or something?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They probably died off or something. I don't see anything that they could evolve into, so I'll just assume the Gorons fought them for territory and won since it's the Gorons that now inhabit Eldin volcano/death mountain.

Or that the Mogmas moved out to find more treasure. They are treasure hunters and can travel from one region to another as seen in the revisit of Skyview Temple. The Gorons are not the type of race that would be hostile to newcomers as seen in OoT. Only TP is when the Gorons are miliant and that is because their leader was transformed into a monster thus they have the right to be nervous and hostile. The Mogmas at best would have just left Eldin Region for hunting more rarer treasures, perhaps to the Lanayru Region. At worst is if they died out.

T

teaspoons

Not to be morbid, but maybe Eldin Volcano had an enormously violent eruption somewhere down the line, thus killing off all the Mogmas.

After the tragedy, the volcano is renamed "Death Mountain" and the Gorons move in!

That's a very good question you pose, Linkerjuax. Also, welcome back to the forums.

Personally, I would love for Nintendo to provide the Zelda fanbase with a larger back story explaining precisely such things as the sudden and mysterious disappearance of the Mogma as well as a link between Parella and Zora (evolution, anyone?).

The most likely explanation I can give for your question is justification through the nomadic lifestyle of Mogma or as teaspoons explained above, the name "Death Mountain" may hold significance after all.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Personally I think that they could have moved to mario's world and become those weird mole things.
Actually they probably just moved to different places in the world in their search for treasure, or they just moved on. Maybe they are still in eldin, just a part that you can't get to. Think in TP how there was that entire region of the summit of death mountain that you only saw. Maybe they are there, just waiting to be found... In the next Zelda!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My own little dark head-theory is that when the people of Skyloft came to settle the land, they carried diseases / bacteria / viruses with them that, while generally harmless to Hylians, wrecked havoc on the Mogmas. This stuff didn't affect the Gorons because Gorons are rock/mineral lifeforms and it didn't affect Kikwis because they're part-plant. It may or may not have affected Parella (but probably not because they're fish-type creatures)... Hylians and Mogmas, howevere, are both warm-blooded mammals and thus have more potential to pass sicknesses onto each other...

Think about history: When Europeans came to the North American contenient, they carried diseases that wiped out many of the native populations they came into contact with (this is beside the actual violence). So, I think, maybe people coming from "beyond the cloud barrier" might be immune to and carry things that the landlocked people are not immune to.

Erk, I know this is too morbid for Nintendo, so the Mogmas probably actually did go off to seek new treasure-lands or went to Holodrum to evolve into Subrosians or something.

Linkwolf

Worship the Strangeness
I think the Mogmas just went back underground because of the Gorons, and are in VERY deep tunnels.

I have a smililar theory to the aforementioned, i think that a large natural disaster occured, such as a large eruption, and all of the mogmas burrowed deep deep underground, and now they are too afraid to come back out, in fear that another eruption. I believe the Goron's were around to see this, however they misinterpreted the mogmas actions, they may have assumed that all of the mogmas died, therefore they moved in and named the mountain Death Mountain out of consideration of the previously mentioned notions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom