• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Moblin Mistake (Minish Cap and Skyward Sword)

L

Lord Jabu Jabu

Read the whole paragraph before you rate or delete this.

Most of us know that the Minish Cap was intended to be placed before Ocarina of Time but it didn't pan out that way because Nintendo made the mistake of putting Moblins in the game. Moblins are pig/dog warriors that Ganon created in his image. If the Minish Cap was before Ocarina of Time that means it was before Ganon, no Ganon, no Moblins. With that Nintendo lucked out because it didn't have any major timeline events, like, oh, maybe the creation of the Master sword!! The reason I say Nintendo lucked out is because many of the other games that didn't fit into the timeline didn't do as well, for a Zelda game, some examples are both Four Swords games, the CD-I's (for my purposes they count) and even Twilight Princess. If Nintendo makes this same mistake again by putting Moblins in Skyward Sword it could become the next Spirit Tracks.

Only the original LoZ said that(maybe Lttp as well). And the backstory of the first two games have been retcon by future games long before MC or SwS. For example, the Zelda from AoL is said to be the first Zelda and the Triforce of Courage was hidden before her slumber. Yet, there were Zeldas during the time where the Triforce was whole like Oot and Lttp. So it doesn't matter in the long run because the Zelda timeline split into two and has always been confusing. Enjoy what you have and don't take the timeline too seriously.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Where did you hear that moblins are made in the image of Ganon? I thought that was non-Ganon- I mean canon..

L

Lord Jabu Jabu

I don't consider the old games outdated info.

First of all I take the timeline very seriously, I have a working thery about how it all works, my current scoop about what you said about AoL is that when ever Ganon breaks the gate to the sacred realm, only an incarnation of him escapes, only part of Ganondorf trerefore Ganon, the other part stays in the sacred realm, he also brings an incarnaiton of the triforce of power, therefore making another triforce that is replaced by the real one when Ganon dies

First of all I take the timeline very seriously, I have a working thery about how it all works, my current scoop about what you said about AoL is that when ever Ganon breaks the gate to the sacred realm, only an incarnation of him escapes, only part of Ganondorf trerefore Ganon, the other part stays in the sacred realm, he also brings an incarnaiton of the triforce of power, therefore making another triforce that is replaced by the real one when Ganon dies

Sorry buddy, but some of the games just don't fit into one comprehensive timeline, at least not easily. Those games: any game before ALttP and some of the handheld games (mainly MC and the oracle games). We already know that there are alternate universes in the series, so the "master document" that supposedly exists somewhere probably just lists some of the games in their own alternate dimension. You can't make one timeline without heavily shoe-horning certain games in and making the whole timeline very far-fetched.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

There was so much that wasn't written back then and there are other things that aren't used anymore. It pretty much is outdated. In case you haven't noticed, the original two games haven't been referenced since ALttP (save the Sages' names in OoT).

I'm sorry, but none of your suggestions are even hinted at by Nintendo and pretty much contradict what's official.

L

Lord Jabu Jabu

Sorry buddy, but some of the games just don't fit into one comprehensive timeline, at least not easily. Those games: any game before ALttP and some of the handheld games (mainly MC and the oracle games). We already know that there are alternate universes in the series, so the "master document" that supposedly exists somewhere probably just lists some of the games in their own alternate dimension. You can't make one timeline without heavily shoe-horning certain games in and making the whole timeline very far-fetched.

It is two time lines, not one. The child and the adult, if you want an explanation tell me.

There was so much that wasn't written back then and there are other things that aren't used anymore. It pretty much is outdated. In case you haven't noticed, the original two games haven't been referenced since ALttP (save the Sages' names in OoT).

I'm sorry, but none of your suggestions are even hinted at by Nintendo and pretty much contradict what's official.

That's the fun in it, us timeline decoders need to figure these things out with logical explanations that don't contradict offical text. Any theory any of us come up with isn't going to be confirmed or denied by Nintendo. If we figure it out the legend continues, if we let them do, it the legend becomes a story.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That's the fun in it, us timeline decoders need to figure these things out with logical explanations that don't contradict offical text. Any theory any of us come up with isn't going to be confirmed or denied by Nintendo. If we figure it out the legend continues, if we let them do, it the legend becomes a story.

Theories also need to have real evidence. If it's just some idea that's thrown out there from seemingly nowhere, it's not a theory. It's just an idea. And without something to back it up, even the suggestion of it is quite useless.

It is two time lines, not one. The child and the adult, if you want an explanation tell me.

I agree with Griffin08; some of the games just don't fit into one comprehensive (split-)timeline. Some of the games are in their own universe with their own continuities. I'm pretty confident that every game could not fit into the split-timeline without the whole universe imploding.

JJ also has an interesting point, a lot of the old material has been retconned out and/or has lost its relevance. Most things that are considered still relevant to the chronology (canon) are usually addressed in remakes or ports of the old titles. For example, the Seven Wise Men from the original A Link to the Past was changed to the Seven Sages in the GBA remake (...for whatever reason. It is generally believed to have been changed to correlate to OoT's Seven Sages, as only two of them were actually male :S).

Read the whole paragraph before you rate or delete this.

Most of us know that the Minish Cap was intended to be placed before Ocarina of Time but it didn't pan out that way because Nintendo made the mistake of putting Moblins in the game. Moblins are pig/dog warriors that Ganon created in his image. If the Minish Cap was before Ocarina of Time that means it was before Ganon, no Ganon, no Moblins. With that Nintendo lucked out because it didn't have any major timeline events, like, oh, maybe the creation of the Master sword!! The reason I say Nintendo lucked out is because many of the other games that didn't fit into the timeline didn't do as well, for a Zelda game, some examples are both Four Swords games, the CD-I's (for my purposes they count) and even Twilight Princess. If Nintendo makes this same mistake again by putting Moblins in Skyward Sword it could become the next Spirit Tracks.
So, do you think that could be the reason why Moblins were taken out of the Twilight Princess?
...as Ganondorf did not appear until the end of the game...

beta Moblin ~ beta Twilight Princess
MoblinTP.jpg
...just asking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom