• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Minish Cap The Minish Cap, 3 Heart Challenge

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Hello you all :).

I am quite convinced that some (most) of us consider "Minish Cap" one of the shortest and also one of the easiest Zelda´s.

There are however ways too make things more difficult and one of those is "the 3 heart challenge". Does anybody here has the experience of beating the game with only 3 hearts? How was that experience? Did you use any fairies or potions?

I believe it is a nice challenge and the problems first begun when I reached the Temple of Droplets, it became even more difficult when I played through the Palace of Winds but it is not until I reached Vaati my frustration became obvious!

How can you beat him with only 3 hearts? I have managed to survive until his second form but how can I (with only 3 hearts) beat that one and eventually beat also the 3rd "incarnation"? I do not want to use any fairies so please can someone tell my how you managed to complete the mission? Any other reflections on the topic?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I started my three heart run of the Minish Cap and I'm up to the Palace of Wind's boss. I can really help you with Vaati but I guess, practice makes perfect. I didn't keep any healing items in bottles but even so I didn't have any trouble (except fot the constant "you're almost dead" beeping) until the Temple of Droplets. With as many hearts as possible at that point both the temple and the boss gave me trouble but somehow I did fairly well, only died a couple of times. The Fortress of Winds was a piece of cake, noting of interest happened there. The Palace of Winds was were it got serious. I took so much damage from enemies and I fell a lot, especially when I got impatient at the parts with the fans. Because of the constant game overs I had to go through parts of the temple over and over again! Very frustraiting.

I still have dark Hyrule Castle and Vaati coming up.....

I've done it twice, and it is very difficult. I had already beaten the game a few times, so I knew the patterns of the bosses really well, and they didn't serve to be much trouble. As Cell-Shaded Deku said, practice makes perfect. On my second try, I don't think I died at all actually. Just keep trying and figuring out ways to avoid getting hit, and you should come out on top. Good luck!

I played minish cap, and although I didn't really do it with three hearts (yet), I did manage to beat vaati's final form easily, losing almost no hearts. here's how:
1. prepare roc's cape and cane of pacci.
2. jump to avoid attacks, and use the cane to stun the arm.
3. turn minish and roll to the arm.
4. use the great spin attack on the RED EYE.
5. repeat with the other arm, but turn on the lantern quickly before charging.
6. this is the tough bit. charge your sword and highlight THREE panels, and dodge the lightning balls. when his four eyes light up, activate the copy links, and reflect the orbs. this is the toughest bit, but practice makes perfect!
7. spam or great spin vaati, rinse and repeat.

remember to replenish fairies before entering the elemental sanctuary! bottles of milk help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom