• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Master Sword's History

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum!

I'm a huge fan of creating or discussing a Zelda Timeline. I'm not going to post a timeline, but more about the Master Sword's history and how it is placed in varying games. Let's Begin.

It has been considered by Mr. Miyamoto and many fans that the Ocarina of Time era goes first at the time. The Master Sword was placed in a pedestal, waiting for the Hero of Time to pull it from the pedestal. I was going through my process of Twilight Princess, and if memory serves me, it has been said that the "evil entered the Temple of Time". That being said, the guardians had to protect the sacred sword, and had to be moved into an area where no one can find it. It was moved into the heart of the Lost Woods. This is also brings speculation of A Link To The Past to be after Twilight Princess, and I have my reasons. One because in Twilight Princess, the Master Sword is in the forest, and in A Link To The Past, the Master Sword is also in the forest! So for me, A Link To The Past has to go after Twilight Princess.

What do you think about this order of these excellent games in the series? Please comment and tell me what you think about this sequence.

crazeh navi

Guardian of Equestria
I think this makes a lot of sense from the point of view of a master Sword timeline. I think a few games fall in between these, but they didn't involve the Mater Sword, so they're irrelevant here. Anyway, this seems pretty accurate to me, assuming that the TP Link put the Sword back after his quest was over.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I do personally believe that the only option for ALttP is after TP and for numerous reasons. Something would have to be written in to connect the two games, though, but I still support that standpoint. (Most reasons are actually why it can't be on the AT, but there are some reasons like the Sacred Grove, as well.)

Last edited:
The Master Sword was placed in the Pedestal of Time during or after SS. It was pulled out and used by Link in Adult Timeline of OoT, as well as in WW. After WW, it was lost at sea and never used again...OR WAS IT!?! Yeah, it was never used again. Meanwhile, in the Child Timeline, it was pulled out twice, once in TP and again in LttP. After LttP, it was replaced to sleep forever. The Master Sword appears in OoX, but your old sword is turned into it. Since you don't get it the way you normally do, I think that's just an Easter Egg.

J

Jonathino001

wow! ive looked everywhere and this is the only place i could find a discussion about the master sword.

my belief is that the master sword has a mind of its own and is independant of the temple of time, the triforce and the sages. i believe that the master sword (and its little stone its stuck in) just goes wherever it needs to go. i think that when it senses that danger is about to threaten hyrule, it causes link to be reborn somewhere in hyrule and then places itself in a specific location waiting for link claim it.

the reason i believe that link is so strongly connected to the master sword is that he is the only one to ever use it. however the triforce of courage could feasably go the the next most courageous person when that version of link dies.

one could say that link is the same person in each re-incarnation just with a different body and no memories of his previous lives. one could also say that link IS the master sword.

its just an interesting thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom