• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Making of a Queen

Hey guys!
I've been writing a Skyward Sword based story for fun. But it's been getting some good reviews, so I thought I'd share it with you guys here. Plus more sharing can never hurt.
-o-
The Making of a Queen

Story Summary:

How did the events effect the people of Skyloft, and, in particular, Zelda and Link – How will they and everyone live their lives now? Can they pick up the pieces and move on? Will communication break down and this new life fracture apart old ways or will it build up and create something valuable for the future? Internal battles wage and new stories about the wars of the past and Hylia's memories emerge as life on the Surface tries to begin anew. A heartfelt understanding of what goes through people's minds after the fact, especially when the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Heavy ZeLink emphasis -cute/romantic. Mature and deep themes. Probable sexual content (will warn if it's explicit).
-o-

I'll be updating it via FanFiction.net (I have found it to be the easiest site to upload things to).
Here is the link to the story: The Making of a Queen Chapter 1: Introduction, a legend of zelda fanfic | FanFiction

Here is a link also to my DA account for those interested or those who would rather keep up with it there: trifrog on deviantART

Let me know what you think. I would love some critique becasue I'm interested in wirting more stoires (not just Zelda but even original ones); all of it helps. Thanks! :yes:

-o-
Introduction:

They stood on the statue of the Goddess next to the Sealed Temple. Link just finished playing a tune with the harp as Groose and the gang flew off, back into the sky.

Zelda: "As a child, I always dreamed of a world below. I wanted to see the surface with my own eyes and feel the land's warm breeze on my skin. I… I think I want to live here. I always want to feel solid ground beneath my feet, see the clouds above my head, and watch over the Triforce. What about you, Link? What will you do now?"

He looked over at her and took a moment, taking in the warm breeze and pleasant atmosphere.

Link: "…I'll stay here with you, of course. I can't leave you here alone to watch over the Triforce. After all, it's now my fault it's down here."

Zelda looked surprised to hear his answer, but happy: "You want to stay here on the surface too?"

Link: "It's nice here. I have really come to like this forest too. Plus I have a lot of new friends down here now. There's so much more I have yet to do down here."

She smiled at him gratefully: "Then you will have to show me around."

Link: "That sounds like a great idea…"

They spent more time alone up there, not really saying much of anything - just enjoying each other's company.

-o-

Link: "But where is it exactly you will stay? The Temple?" he seemed to not like the idea of it.

Zelda: "In a way. There is a place nearby where Impa often stayed. You don't think she watched over the temple by sleeping on the stone floors now did you?"

He made a bit of a face implying that maybe he did.

She giggled: "No, Link, she had a small stone house just outside the temple with a bed, small kitchen and so forth. I think that's suitable for now… But, I must tell my father. I'm not sure how he will take all of this news…"

Link: "He is somewhat in the loop. I..couldn't tell him too much but he made me promise to bring you back safely to him when this was all over."

Zelda: "I see…" She took his arm, "Then maybe it is time for you to do just that."

Link: "You won't make it back here in time to stay the night though."

Zelda: "Seeing my father is much more important than that. And I would like him to know where I will be and how to come see me."

She whistled for her loftwing; he followed suit and they made their way back to Skyloft. There they were greeted by Zelda's father.

Gaepora: "Zelda! My girl!" The two of them hugged tightly. "I was so worried about you my dear."

Zelda: "I know father and I'm so sorry, but I –"

He cut her off"-No, say nothing. I know something drastic has occurred, I know about the Triforce and I suspect something about the Goddess but, Link, I knew he was doing everything to bring you back…" He looked over to him and Link nodded. "We shouldn't make such a scene out here; let's get you inside and to a good meal to discuss this further. I know there must be something important you need to tell me."

And thus Gaepora was informed of everything, yet he didn't seem completely blown away by all the details. He seemed more proud of her and of Link. He promised he would come to visit her in the Temple someday soon; first he had to deal with everyone else's concerns on the island – considering a good chunk of the place just fell down into the clouds, he needed to find a good way to inform everyone of the reason for it in a way that would not send them all away in distress or disbelief.

Link and Zelda would gather some things and make their way back to the surface in the morning.

-o-

Morning came:

Gaepora saw them off that morning. He took Link aside outside as his daughter grabbed a few more things inside before leaving.

Gaepora: "Thank you for everything, Link. You always knew I trusted in you though and to see you now; both of you have grown up so quickly before my eyes… But listen and listen well. I am again putting my faith into you. Make sure she is alright down there, yes? She is a tough girl but she can also be over eager at times and I know you are familiar with the surface, much more then she is. You know the dangers better than anyone else up here. Keep her safe and don't go pulling any funny stuff on her, you got it?"

Link: "Funny stuff? Have I ever done anything wrong by her?"

Gaepora: "Would you like to hear that again?" he raised his eyebrows.

Link put up his hands in defense: "No, no,I got it. But don't worry. Things are safe down there now. I'll make sure she is alright."

Gaepora chuckled and patted his back as the two of them walked towards Zelda coming out of the Academy with some things: "I know, I know…"

Link offered to help her carry things – mainly a picture of her and her father that seemed to be a big load for her.

Zelda: "Thank you, Link"

He nodded: "I'll wait for you by the dock."

She turned to her father and they engaged in a long hug, exchanging more goodbyes and good wishes. Soon she and Link were headed back to the surface.

-o-

Zelda took Link to Impa's old place a short way into the forest outside the temple. There was much grass and brush hiding the small path to get there but Zelda remembered the way. It was a modest house, a small stone cottage with the same structure as the temple, though the roof was lower. It had no separate rooms besides the washroom – it seemed more like a large room then a house, per say, with a wooden bed, large, broken in rug in the center and a tiny kitchen area where a few herbs hung from the ceiling and old bottles sat on the shelf next to a sink bowl. There was also a large out cove outback just outside the kitchen where a modest fire pit laid out, all stone, resembling a modern day porch/cave hybrid. It was surprisingly clean inside despite the pathway there.

Link: "Wow..." he looked around inside, "Looks much nicer inside then out. I never even knew this place was back here."

Zelda: "Yea, well I might not have either if she didn't show me the way, though it looked much nicer and the path was clearer all those years ago when she was younger. She and I stayed here before you opened the second Gate of Time."

Link: "I see…"

Zelda: "There used to be rows of white flowers down the path here but, maybe things got hard for her to tend to as time went on… not to mention she had other things to take care of…"

Link: "I'm sure we can fix that…but, where do you want this?" he asked, still holding the large frame.

Zelda: "Hmm… Umm," she looked around. "Perhaps over here… but let me clean the spot first…"

He watched her dust the wall quickly. He sniffed the air: "Yea, it smells a little musty… Let me open a window and help you out with this."

Zelda: "That's alright. I have some solvent in my things. I'll give everything a good go over later."

He hung up the photo, the area fresh now. She stood there happy with its placement. She already seemed reminiscent, missing her father.

Link: "You sure this is all the stuff you'll need? If you forgot anything I'll go fetch it now if you want."

Zelda: "No, Link, this is all for now."

Link nodded as he watched her unpack. The room was dark and a tad stuffy, but it was old and practically part of the Temple so this might be expected. Zelda was not upset with it though; the place just needed some cleaning and once the debris and climbing plants were off the windows the sun would absolutely shine in brightly. Link had to admit he was impressed – this was a nice place…

Zelda finally sat down on the old bed; it creaked a bit but was surprisingly comfortable. Link was standing nearby.

Zelda: "But what about your things?"

Link: "What about my things?"

Zelda: "You aren't unpacking anything."

Link: "Why would I unpack my things in your room?"

Zelda made a sad face: "I thought maybe you were going to stay with me here by the Temple."

Link: "I am but I need to find that place to stay. I suppose I wouldn't mind setting up a place outside in the forest. Collect some wood, leaves and stucco - make myself a room to stay in; might be fun to build up an actual shelter."

Zelda: "But that doesn't give you a place to stay now."

Link: "Well, no not yet; I can't build such a thing in one day. I'll be just fine under a good tree though for now-"

Zelda: "-No, Link, you can't stay outside! I couldn't let you do that!"

He seemed a bit surprised (considering he's already done it before many times since his first footstep down here): "Alright then…maybe I'll set myself up near the out cove out here until I have something built?"

Zelda: "No, No Link," she stood up and grabbed his arm, "There is plenty enough room for you in here too. Besides it would be awfully weird for you to set up a bed outside."

Link: "It's not weird," he defended himself, "I thought it might be nice actually. I kind of liked sleeping out here."

Zelda: "Stay in here with me. There is plenty of room."

It's not that he minded staying with her; it's just that she kept gesturing to the bed. He was heavily against taking advantage of the situation, plus it made him a little uncomfortable considering everything. He looked nervous and unsure – was this the 'funny stuff' her father joked about?

He scratched his head: "I don't know, Zelda…"

Zelda: "Come now, Link. You remember when we were kids. We used to have sleep over's together. We used to pull together our little sleeping sacks in my father's study, you know the place my father and I lived before we moved into the Academy."

Link: "I remember. But we're not exactly 10 anymore either." He looked at the bed unsure of this idea. He had stayed with her in a bed before but it was a lot different when they were 10 - It was a lot different just a few months ago though too he realized. His outlook of things; his feelings; the reality of everything… It didn't really matter or exist then.

Zelda: "How about when we had those afternoon cramming sessions for the Academy finals last year."

Link: "…"

Zelda: "I was supposed to be tutoring you or at least encouraging you to keep up with your work but-"

Link: "And I passed those tests with flying colors, thank you very much."

Zelda: "…Yea, despite falling asleep on me when we were supposed to be going over the books."

Link: "Hey, you fell asleep too."

She looked a tad embarrassed: "…"

Link: "Hey, you're the one who brought it up."

She got angry, trying to cover up her embarrassment: "You always got off easy; I was just trying to help!"

Link: "Hey," he defended himself, "That was past. I do just fine on my own."

That statement calmed her down, making her a little sad even. Maybe she liked being worried about him… Though, maybe she didn't have the right to do that anymore. After all, he was just fine on his own… Who was she now of all people to claim otherwise.

Link: "I'll be fine, Zelda. I've stayed down here before, outside. I don't mind doing it some more."

Zelda: "Yea, I know… It's just that I haven't. " She quickly brushed away her uneasiness "But I have nothing to worry about; I've been here before and I have a lot that I need to get done. I'll probably be too tired to even notice," she laughed, beginning to get started, pulling more things out of her bags, walking over to the bed. "And I need to change these sheets. I'd rather not… I mean Impa." She made a face, holding up the old bed coverings, "How old are these?" She made another face, sticking out her tongue. The fun began.

He then realized she had never been here alone after all – Impa had been there...

Link: "Though…" he could tell she was displeased and seemed to want him to stay, at least for tonight. "Maybe for tonight I'll find a way to get comfortable on the rug. Would that be better?"

Zelda: "It's alright, Link, really. You don't have to. But you won't go too far for right now will you?"

Link: "Nah, not today. I'll help you around here pulling up some of these overgrown plants outside if you'd like. But tomorrow I think I'm going to start preparing and seeing what's around here if you don't mind."

Zelda: "That would be a great help actually."

Link: "Hmm, they might double up as good material as well…" he rubbed his chin, as if thinking – already planning things out.

Zelda: "That's true. But Link. Link?"

He looked at her again.

Zelda: "You might as well leave your things here for now so they don't slow you down; I'll keep an eye on them. I'm not going anywhere."

Link: "That's a good idea. I really didn't bring much of anything though." He literally just brought the essentials, like new clothes and blankets and such from Skyloft. Maybe it was an odd thing to do considering he used to be pretty sentimental about certain things as a child – if Zelda looked through it all she would consider it a little odd.

-o-

That Night:

By the evening the windows were clear and the house was clean, though some touching up still had to be done. Zelda figured she had plenty of time.

As time to sleep came they found themselves in their respective spots, Zelda in the bed and Link on the floor. It was pleasant enough down there for him, for a night or two.

Zelda: "Link?"

Link: "Hmm?"

Zelda: "Doing okay?"

Link: "I am. But I could fall asleep anywhere. How about you?"

Zelda: "Yes, it is comfortable and all but… I am glad you are here. I'm not so sure I'd be able to get to sleep as easily if I were alone…" she admitted.

Link: "It's no problem. Though I thought you had slept here before, when you were with Impa on the other side of the time gate."

Zelda: "Yes I did but, it was different then…" Truthfully she didn't want to be alone here. She didn't want Link to sleep away from here their first night away from Skyloft. Sure she had slept here before in the past but it was more about being away from home and having said goodbye to her father officially that upset her. There was something familiar, homey and comforting about Link's presence; it wasn't just the fact he would protect her. She felt safe and found it much easier to sleep tonight. It grew silent for awhile but it was a peaceful feeling. She feared it wouldn't be so peaceful a silence if she were alone.

Link smiled to himself, realizing now why Zelda insisted on him sleeping nearby. He thought about what her father said to him before they left, about making sure she was okay. He also thought about the fact he was the Hero and she was the Goddess; he wanted to help her. "Always"… he thought to himself, knowing his job as her protector wasn't over yet. "There's still much left for me to do down here…" He was thinking about everything… and thinking about how exciting the next few weeks would be – all he had to show her. He couldn't wait to see her face, her reactions, everything. Plus, he himself had more things he wanted to see, to find. The adventure wasn't over yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom