• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Longest You've Played A Game In One Sitting.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have been thinking about how long I spend playing games in one sitting. I either play them in short intervals of time or I forget about the real world and get lost in the game. I think the longest time I've played a game in one sitting is about 18-20 hours playing Skyrim. Last summer I would just lock myself in my room and just get lost in the games I was playing. I'd sometimes forget to eat or use the bathroom because that's how oblivious I was of the real world.

So, what about you guys? What is the longest time you've played a game in one sitting? Do you just play games for short intervals of time, or do you play games for hours and hours getting lost in the world that the game has given you?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In one sitting no bathroom breaks and no food? I'd say around 7 hours, Star Ocean Till the End of Time.

I always try to play games for short intervals of times in this world, because life is too precious to waste on a game. Just kidding. I shoot for 30 minute+ intervals, because I have nothing better to do and see life as a waste of time anyway.

DarkLink17

Well then
One night I played the original LoZ for around 6 hours, and that's about my longest time without stopping. I usually try to keep it between 45 minutes to an hour, but I can get carried away sometimes, depending on the game.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Last summer I used to play Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility for about 5-10 hours a day. Other times when I felt like playing Animal Crossing: City Folk instead, I played for almost that long too. I used to bring my lunch upstairs and eat while I play the game.

I don't usually play games for that long. I spend more time reading books. I remember whenever I used to get a good book, I used to wake up in the morning and eat breakfast while reading. Then after breakfast, I used to go upstairs and lock myself in my parents' room (as there is lots of light there) and didn't come down until dinner. I didn't ever feel hungry. I was so immersed inside the book. After dinner I usually read the book until I couldn't stay up any longer.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
21 hours or so playing Black Ops 2 during its release, stopped because my xbox overheated. 65+ hours of Star Wars: The Old Republic, although I had to take some toilet & snack breaks but should still count imo.

If it's an online game then I can pretty much play it 12+ hours, mostly because of friends and we keep each other going. If it's a singleplayer game I easily get bored and can't do more than 4-5 hours unless I were to do something like a Zelda marathon with friends, all playing the same game and just having a laugh.

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, for single-player titles it was either The Witcher 1 or, more recently, Skyrim. I remember literally falling asleep playing those, I was that tired. My boyfriend said he actually lent over me asleep and paused my Skyrim game. :P I can't remember how long but, damn, both of those games just sucked me in so much I lost all concept of time and sleep depravity!

For multi-player, that'll be Counter-Strike: Source or Battlefield 2, probably the latter thinking about it. I remember the huge friends game we once had, which was 30 v 30, in 2 different Skype calls, and a few people were in their own, and it was just such a laugh that I remember playing from when it was light, then dark, and then light again. Don't think I've ever had more fun and was laughing that much. And it was a genuinely fun game, no cheating or using *****y tactics, just pure fun! Shame we've never done that again, had a nice game on CS but never on that scale. BF2, I'll always love you.

Big Octo

=^)
One day I decided to pick up Fallout 3 again and make a new character, and I found myself very absorbed in the game, perhaps too absorbed. I quickly lost track of how many hours I was playing, and before I knew it, the sun was setting outside. I continued to the play into the night until I was so tired that I was falling asleep while playing the game. In that whole time, I took a few bathroom breaks and some food breaks. I can never decide on whether that was a good thing or a bad thing in my life.

In another instance, I had just downloaded The Legend of Zelda on my 3DS via the Ambassador Program. I don't know what compelled me to do it, but I played an beat it 100% through the whole night, without any walkthroughs either. Despite a good night's sleep wasted, I look back on this as a positive.

I've also pulled a few all-nighters with friends, but those are more talking than gaming anyway, so I don't really count those.

Salem

SICK
Banjo Kazooie: about 4 hours or so.

In recent memory? probably one of the Uncharted games, around the same, 4 hours or something.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm I'm not really sure, I probably can't pin point the exact time spent playing but I'll try.

Single player games I don't tend to play for one large sitting. However, one of the games I can think about playing for a prolonged period would be Pokemon Sapphire. This game is one of my favorites of all time and at that time it was incredibly addicting. I remember one night I played it in bed till it got light as I wanted to finish catching a certain Pokemon (can't remember which specific one) but it was quite a long time, maybe 5 or hours? Plus at that time I was like 8, so the mother wasn't too happy about that.

Online would probably be different as I used to spend hours chatting with my friends and just having a laugh. We used to play Call of Duty 4 and World at War for hours. I remember when the third map pack came out for WaW and we literally spent hours playing that Zombies map as well as playing on the new MP maps. That was maybe about 7 hours, or somewhere around that. Another game me and my friends used to spend hours on was Fifa. Generally just chatting, having a laugh, playing Ultimate Team (a game mode) or just having matches against one another.

I don't know what's happened over the past few years though, I have just slowly lost interest in gaming and now I got bored very quick, so I can't play for that long without getting bored. Maybe the new generation or the intriguing line up for the rest of the year will spark my interest again.

Once I was in a Skype call with a few close friends of mine, and we were all playing on a Minecraft server we have. I had been in the call from when it started, and when it ended it said that the call had lasted about 14 or 15 hours. I don't remember the exact time, but it was pretty ridiculous.

S

SirLance420

around 5 hours i would say, only games that do that to me are Zelda of course =) the sims and harvest moon did a number on me a few times.. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom