• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Lomei Labyrinths

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
There are three giant mazes in the world called the Lomei Labyrinths. What did you guys think of them? Honestly I wish there were more of them, they were among my favorite shrine quests in the game. I love how they used the Lost Woods theme in them, and exploring them was so much fun.

I did the one near the Akkala Ancient Research Lab first, flying over there was tricky, though, because of the wind. I almost didn't make it. The labyrinth itself wasn't particularly tough, but the guardians in it made it all the more stressful because I wasn't equipped to take them on at that point. I did the one in Gerudo Desert second, with similar feelings. The one in Hebra was my last one and it was definitely difficult for me. I loved the experience though, I really wish there could have been just two more of them.

What are your guys's thoughts on them? Did you enjoy them? Were they hard for you?

Agreed, I enjoyed them too. Sure they could be frustrating and take a while, but I still enjoyed them, and they looked really nice too.

The first one I did was also the one near Akalla, and it was the easiest of the three. Then I did the desert one. Then I did the Hebra one.

I was disappointed to find there were only three. I thought there'd at least be 4, with the last one being in the south-east region.

I had a mosey around the one in Hebra. I unlocked the map and saw a freaky structure so made my way to it.

Ive made a thread describing how other and alien they look.

I didnt really like the one i tried though and im putting them off until i can be bothered.

Im more interested in where they csme from rather than actually doing them.

I did all 3 at the same time, they weren't very hard with climbable walls and RG. I did the Akkala one, then Hebra and then the one in Gerudo desert.

It's hard for me to think of climbing as cheating, because the mazes are designed in a way in which they expect you to try that. The entrances to the shrines are hidden very well, and if you don't explore the maze thoroughly, you miss out on loot.

In some areas you HAVE to climb to get all the chests/loot.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It's hard for me to think of climbing as cheating, because the mazes are designed in a way in which they expect you to try that. The entrances to the shrines are hidden very well, and if you don't explore the maze thoroughly, you miss out on loot.

In some areas you HAVE to climb to get all the chests/loot.
I was referring strictly to getting to the shrines, not exploring them thoroughly, because you're right about that. But you don't have to climb over any walls to get to the shrines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom