• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Legend of Zelda Wii U: News & Speculation Thread

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Since we don't have a thread about speculating 100% on anything Zelda, I thought it would be a good idea to make it, here we will post the new news about it, pictures, anything Zelda Wii U related. Happy posting Zelda fans!

The Legend of Zelda E3 2011 Tech Demo

zelda-wii-u_0900015448.jpg
zelda-wii-u-2012-mg-top.jpg

E3 2013 News

Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U, possibly a hint at Zelda Wii U art style?
tumblr_inline_mo9r67BkJn1qz4rgp.jpg

Zelda On Wii U Won’t Be Ultra-Realistic, But Not Cartoony Realistic Either

The next Zelda for Wii U—the one that will allegedly introduce some much-needed change to the series—will feature an art style that hasn’t been seen before said:
“It has to be something you can’t see anywhere else. We wouldn’t want it to be ultra-realistic because you can see that elsewhere. But I can’t say that it’s going to be cartoony-realistic like you mentioned, the fantastic presentation that we’ve already done in the past. It will be something new.”

Aonuma also says that Nintendo are considering add-on content for future Zelda games, such as adding new areas to explore, but that they’d need to be careful about making sure that the additional content is worth its price.[/b]]

Aonuma: Zelda Wii U may take inspiration from Skyrim/other Open World games

[b said:
EG[/b]: As part of opening up Zelda games for a new generation, are you looking at any other games for inspiration? Dark Souls, perhaps, or Skyrim?

Aonuma: Skyrim! {For some reason mention of Bethesda's fantasy epic tickles him, and he laughs.] Obviously I play other games, and I'm curious what Zelda fans like about the Skyrim experience. Maybe there are some Zelda fans who are looking for something similar out of a Zelda game.

But I don't look at the technology that made these games possible. I don't look at what's happening in the game, but how it made me feel, what in the game moved me, and how I can bring out those same emotions in players who play my games. My intent isn't to copy them, but those are the things that stay with you as a player]

Miyamoto: Zelda Wii U progressing, considered showing it at E3 & possibly shown later this year

M: I think so, maybe. {Laughs] Maybe after we've seen enough people enjoying The Wind Waker HD, then we'll think about sharing something with them about the new Wii U Zelda.[/b]

January 2013 Direct

Still in conceptual development phase
Development Mission: "Rethink the conventions of Zelda"
Probably some kind of multiplayer, co-op
Probably Open-world, less linear

zeldaujozj.jpg

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
The Vaguest Hints About The Wii U's First Original Zelda

"Wind Waker HD is kind of a testing ground for us," Aonuma said. "With Wind Waker we were able to accomplish, for the first time, to create a seamless experience. You traveled a great sea… also [we are adding] the Miiverse communication of playing with others virtually. So we’re going to take things like this and add to those so the Wii U [new Zelda] experience should be one that is satisfying to players."

Aonuma said that the Wind Waker HD team will, upon completion of their project, merge with his Wii U new-Zelda team. Aonuma's translator described the merged team as a "super-team". Aonuma laughed and repeated the term in English: "super-team!"

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm very interested in that super team dealio he has going on. Hopefully that means two things: 1) we get a more unified Zelda experience 2) the title is completed quicker.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I assume this means, it will be like WW as in the world will be seamless, meaning we won't easily notice the transition from one region to another. If that's what their going for, I'm excited to see what they accomplished.

Btw, I'm still hopping this game will star a younger Link than previous console games.

That's what I'm thinking as well, and considering they want Zelda Wii U to take some stuff from Skyrim (over world stuff), I think this could be the first new Zelda in a long time that's actually open world, exploring what you want, which is amazing.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
That's what I'm thinking as well, and considering they want Zelda Wii U to take some stuff from Skyrim (over world stuff), I think this could be the first new Zelda in a long time that's actually open world, exploring what you want, which is amazing.

We can hope so. That could be the biggest change in the game's series since the introduction of 3d. While windwaker was pretty close to being open world too, it land mass was pretty tiny, and it was too much on a grid, every square had an island for instance. So as much as I loved the game, and all, I'd love to see a truly open world Zelda game.

From a short to no intro, to you can go where you please kind of experience with a zelda finish and of course hand crafted dungeons.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
We can hope so. That could be the biggest change in the game's series since the introduction of 3d. While windwaker was pretty close to being open world too, it land mass was pretty tiny, and it was too much on a grid, every square had an island for instance. So as much as I loved the game, and all, I'd love to see a truly open world Zelda game.

From a short to no intro, to you can go where you please kind of experience with a zelda finish and of course hand crafted dungeons.

Agreed, open world Zelda NEEDS to happen, I've been waiting for it and I know a ton of Zelda fans have been waiting for it, hopefully they make Zelda Wii U the biggest Zelda with a massive open overworld!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom