• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Legend of Zelda: Return to Hyrule

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
The Legend of Zelda: Return to Hyrule

- It has been 7 years since Link entered this strange world of Termina and Clocktown, and Link is all grown up. He still has the 5 magical masks – Deku, Goron, Zora, Diety, and Majora. Link has been using the powers given to him by the courageous spirits within the masks so aid others in this world (Song of Healing was played on the Majora Mask to make it not “evil”).

- Although everything seems to be perfect, Skull Kid has been having strange nightmares, but he hasn’t thought much of it. A few weeks later, Skull Kid starts acting weird, “evil” if you will. Tatl and Tael notice this and tell Link immediately. Link rushes over to Skull Kid with a red potion in hand; he tries to give it to Skull Kid, but he just spits it out.
- Skull Kid’s eyes go white, and he starts to levitate above the ground; limp. Suddenly, he starts dancing around in the air, as if being controlled by a puppet master! Tael notices a faint glow coming from Links pouch and tells him. He looks in his pouch and sees that all of his masks are glowing.

- Skull Kid stops dancing and stares at Link. Out of nowhere, they hear a laugh, a very familiar laugh; The Happy Mask Salesman…

- The Happy Mask Salesman starts to talk to Link; “Hello Link, do you remember me? I’m the Happy Mask Salesman!!!”-"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"-“I have found your world: Hyrule. I came here about a year ago and found a man by the name of Ganondorf in charge”-“He told me how you defeated him so long ago; I laughed at his weakness and transformed him into a puppet.”-“He told me a few witches by the names of Kotuke and Konume revived him; I puppetized them as well.”-“Before I killed him though, he told me of a woman – a princess – by the name of Zelda. She is also one of my collection now.”-“Anyways, farewell Link, and meet me in Hyrule Castle when you get back here; I’ll be waiting…”-“Also, from now on, call me The Great Puppet Master!!!”

- Suddenly, Skull Kid starts screeching and everything goes white. Link has a flashback to where he learned the Song of Healing…

- Link, Tatl, and Tael appear back in Hyrule, right outside of Castle Town. All of his items – including the masks – have been scattered, though, he managed to keep his ocarina and the Masters Sword. Though, the only song he remembers is the Song of Healing… Link starts to wander into Castle Town where he is greeted cheerfully by a Hylian Soldier, though Link notices something off about this man. He looks up and sees strings attached to him that seem to go into the sky; Link, frightened by this, runs away to the Castle.
- When Link gets there, he is faced with the Puppet Master. Link is greeted nicely by him and is offered a beverage, but refuses due to distrust. Nevertheless, the Puppet Master explains how everyone is now is puppet, and the special ones – Zelda and Ganondorf – he keeps to himself. He also tells Link how he has scattered all the masks and has them protected by his minions. He plans to use the masks ‘ power for creating even more powerful puppets.

- Link must venture out and defeat all the minions to get the masks back before the puppet master gets what he wants. After Link has gathered all the masks, he confronts the Puppet Master. But to his surprise, the Puppet Master has managed to create exact replicas of the masks by using the life energy from all of the people he has puppetized. He scatters these ones out to his minions (who were not killed by the weak Masters Sword). The Puppet Master tells Link to not go after these mask, otherwise there will be dire consequences.

- Link ignores the threats and goes after the masks regardless. But before he does, he hears Skull Kids voice telling him to go to the Temple of Time. Link listens and goes there; as Link gets closer to the Temple of Time, the masks start glowing again. When Link gets into the Temple of Time, he goes to the pedestal of the Masters Sword and then hears Skull Kid telling him to place the masks around the pedestal and put the Masters Sword in the pedestal. Moments later, the masks start to come towards the Masters Sword. When they touch it, there is a bright flash and a loud noise. The masks are gone and the Masters Sword has transformed into the “Puppeteers Blade”!
- After this, Link goes on to get the replica masks back from the Puppet Masters minions. But as he enters the temple of the first minion, he notices it’s different – harder to get through. When he reaches the minions layer, he sees the minion has transformed! The minion had put the mask it was protecting on! Even the Puppet Master didn’t see this coming. But that would be the reason the dungeon was different too: the minions are biologically connected to their dungeons, so when the minion transformed, so did the dungeon! Link notices this with every minion and their dungeon. Also, the new Puppeteers Blade is strong enough to kill the minions now!

- Link now has all of the replica masks and goes to the Puppet Master. The Puppet Master – seemingly scared – gives up (not really). He tells Link how to get his friends back: by playing the Song of Healing. So Links played the song immediately to revive Zelda and all the others puppetized by the Puppet Master; even Ganondorf. Link didn’t anticipate this and must fight Ganondorf to get through the Puppet Master. The Puppet Master just sits back and watches as he laughs that familiar laugh…

- After a while, Link defeats Ganondorf and faces towards the Puppet Master; he looks astonished, but then smiles and laughs. The familiar laugh starts getting deeper, and the atmosphere is getting gloomy and dark… Link starts to go limp, he drops his sword and shield, because he is too weak to hold them anymore. His eyes go white, his body is soulless…

- Link wakes up in a strange place, everything is dark and there is no noises whatsoever. Link has been turned into a puppet and is trapped inside the Puppet Masters world - his mind. He starts to walk around and notices the Hylian Shield and the Puppeteers Blade lying on the ground and picks them up. A little while later, he finds his Ocarina. As he ventures through this strange place, he starts hearing the Song of Healing, but it’s playing backwards… The further into this unfamiliar world he gets, the louder the song gets... After a while of searching, he finds the Puppet master and goes after him; after a long fight, Link is the victor and is transported back to the overworld where he is reunited with Zelda and the others…

Tell me what you guys think! All criticism is accepted.

Thanks,
XskywardX

Sorry for it not having "indents" at the beginning of paragraphs. It did in Microsoft Word, and I just copied and pasted from Word, but it didn't have "indents" when I pasted. I tried fixing it, but it didn't work.

Last edited:

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Hmmm... I'd say overall a good job. It could make for an okay story, but I don't think it's quite Official Zelda Game caliber. I liked most of it, although I didn't particularly care for the part when you transformed the Master Sword into the Puppeteers Blade. I mean the Master Sword is the Master Sword... But overall a solid plot. A great plot for a fangame or a fanfiction, not quite an official game's plot.

Enjoyed it though, keep it up! :D

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
Hmmm... I'd say overall a good job. It could make for an okay story, but I don't think it's quite Official Zelda Game caliber. I liked most of it, although I didn't particularly care for the part when you transformed the Master Sword into the Puppeteers Blade. I mean the Master Sword is the Master Sword... But overall a solid plot. A great plot for a fangame or a fanfiction, not quite an official game's plot.

Enjoyed it though, keep it up! :D

Well, in the original story, just the masks came together to make the Puppeteers Blade; but I thought that it would have needed a base (the Masters Sword) to create another sword. In the original story, it went like this: (When Link gets to the Temple of Time) ..."Suddenly, all of the masks came out his pouch and started to form a circle in the air and spin around. They quickly come together to form the "Puppeteers Blade"...
Also, even though it is this way in MM and OoT, I think it's a little OP to have more than one sword, and also unrealistic.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's all legit. Just have Link kiss his love interest (Saria), fight an unexpected battle and die, and it'll be perfect. :)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I think it's a good idea, nice for a fan fiction or fan game, whichever your doing. As it is a presentation idea it doesn't matter much, however it should be summarized a little more so its easier to present; you don't have to add the dialog or the little details such as Link being offered a beverage in a presentation. :) And it is a good idea, I like your twist of a new weapon for Link; the Puppeteers Blade. :nod:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Except, Saria is a puppet being controlled by the Puppet Master.... :'(

Link will resolve that, don't you worry. Oh wait...even better, have Link resolve that issue but have him turned to Puppet himself~!

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I think it's a good idea, nice for a fan fiction or fan game, whichever your doing. As it is a presentation idea it doesn't matter much, however it should be summarized a little more so its easier to present; you don't have to add the dialog or the little details such as Link being offered a beverage in a presentation. :) And it is a good idea, I like your twist of a new weapon for Link; the Puppeteers Blade. :nod:

Haha, thanks. That part at the beginning, all the way up to the paragraph where Link is offered a beverage would be the initial cutscene of the game, where it tells you what's going on and who your after. So that's the reason for the dialog and the little details. But I appreciate the criticism! :D

Thanks,
XskywardX

Link will resolve that, don't you worry. Oh wait...even better, have Link resolve that issue but have him turned to Puppet himself~!

And you Ventus, your just dead to me...although, your ******** statement did spark an idea... Where Link is turned into a puppet and is trapped inside the Puppet Master's world - his mind - and must find a way out...That would be an epic dungeon...Perhaps the final dungeon? I think I might actually add that...lol

I added that for you Ventus ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom