• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda: Destiny's Hand

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Wow this has really progressed since before the fourms got wiped. The problem I see that would involve the gameplay (It there was a game to play) is the Hylian Spear. How can the Hylain spear be 12 times as powerful as the Master Sword. By what you said about GotE that is what it implies. It really depends on when you obtain it but it should be more like 2.0x the MS. Also if you win the tournament you shouldnt be able to just skip the whole ninja sneaky part(I think I read that some where) I just feel there should be a plot twist.

I don't remember saying anywhere that it was twelve times as powerful as the MS. It's more like, 3-4 times as powerful, and its huge bulk and slow stabbing motion make it impossible to land hits on anything except a stunned boss. Either way, the MS here is meant to act as Link's default sword after it "replaces" the normal sword. It has access to all of the normal skills and doesn't need to rely on elemental weaknesses to deal good damage. It's also the only thing that works on Ganon/dorf and a few enemies.
Speaking of the normal sword, the first sword in the game also has the longest reach of any other weapon, which makes it useful in a number of situations when it seems the enemies are dodging too much. This game's enemies aren't necessarily all the same even when they're the same type- most humanoid enemies will have unique attributes. Some will be faster, some will attack earlier, some will focus on blocking more... it shakes things up and gives a good reason to pay attention to swordplay.

This does not seem Zelda Classic. Pretty good story, I mean nothing wrong, but it doesn't seem Zelda style. It's to detailed, the whole Farore's Shrine and temples are SUPER cool! :) It's just the final battle. It sounds to cheesy to be a ending dialogue. It seems feel....ZELDA style. Other than that, 5/5 in my opinion nice work!

I fail to see how it's "too detailed" to be a Zelda game. Zelda isn't about simple plots- the plot is a vehicle for gameplay, and in case you hadn't noticed, Zelda games have been dealing with more complex plots for a while now. My intention here is to craft a compelling narrative that both introduces new challenges and draws off of the extensive mythology of Hyrule. Things like the Armos, the Snowpeak Mountains, the ReDead, the Kokiri, Bongo Bongo, the Sheikah and Gerudo... etc. The plot of the main quest is pretty simple (get three magic things to get big plot twist, get more things and then use some other things to challenge big bad), but the meat is in the presentation of the story- the deatils of what happens on the journey.
I do see a few areas in which this could seem to be breaking tradition. For one thing, Hyrule this time isn't as much of an empty frontier. While there's still a lot of wilderness, the races and tribes of Hyrule are starting to expand their territory, move about, and subdue the land, but my intention is to present this action in progress. Another thing is that Link is much less alone in this game. He's got help from Zelda, the King and Knights of Hyrule, and he's on friendly terms with most of the game's races, so I admit some of the feel of the hero going on his own epic journey is lost.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you object to the final battle's supposed "cheesiness". Could you elaborate on that?

Otherwise, thanks for the comments and criticism. I'm glad people are taking an interest in this again, so I guess I'll start putting up some new dungeon stuff. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom