• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend Of Zelda Demon Wheel

Chiraku

Demon slayer
Prologue:

"Son, I won't live any longer. Please don't spend your days mourning for me. You can continue your traveling life, take my sword, my shield, every thing you'll need. Go wherever you want, but promise me... You'll go to Hyrule, the place where none of our families have reached before. Farewell, my son....

:fairy:The Legend Of :fairy: Zelda
:keese:Demon Wheel:keese:
CHPTR 1: Hyrule

A horse slowly trotted along an old path. Lush grasslands covered the area, beautiful farms were dotted in the distance. The horse had a young man, around the age 18 riding it. The man wore ragged and worn clothing, with stitches lining them, a sing of numerous repairs. The man wore a gauntlet, and had buckles around his waist, with a strap wrapped from around from his shoulder to his waist, with a sword sheath fixed unto the strap. His leather boots were worn down to the state that they were almost like socks. The man caught glimpse of a city in the distance. As he got closer he could make out a palace with a symbol composing of 3 triangles. The man smiled. He had finally reached Hyrule.

"Come on, Uma!" the man shouted as he made the horse, whose name was Uma, ride into a gallop. But once the two were almost there, Uma abruptly stopped and began backing away. The man patted the horse on the side of it's neck.

"What's the matter boy?" the man asked. But then he paused. From all compass points came a group of thieves, cracking their whips. The man's face grew sterner.

"What do you want?" The man asked, smoothly reaching for his sword.

"We want that stallion of yours. It's a Terminan breed. Rare, and worth a lot" one of the thieves explained.

"You want him? The man asked. "Come get him!!" The man drew his sword.

The thieves all lay in a heap groaning, gripping their wounds. They all got up and staggered away. The man burst out laughing and put his sword away. He eased Uma and lead her to the gate of the city.

"That was some show you put on!" came a voice. The man turned and saw a guard clapping his hands.

"Not too much can do in thieves like them. What's your name son?" The guard asked.

"Link, sir" the man answered. The guard let out a hardy laugh.

"Well Link, welcome to Hyrule!"

Last edited:

Chiraku

Demon slayer
The Legend Of Zelda: Demon Wheel

:keese:
Demon Wheel:keese:
CHPTR 2: First Day

Link walked through the streets of Hyrule awkwardly, while leading Uma. He often heard whispering, such as 'who is that guy?', 'he smells', 'look at that horse he has!', 'it's a Terminan breed...', 'I bet he stole it!'.
These whisperings made Link feel very uncomfortable. Link stopped by a food stall and decided to buy some food for Uma.

"Some horse forage, please" Link politely stated to the cashier, placing down some Rupees, the currency of the land. The cashier stared at Link for a sec, then he rudely shoved the Rupees back.

"Sorry," the cashier gruffly muttered. "We don't accept stolen money!" Link was speechless. Someone had called him a thief! Link was about to protest when the cashier broke in.

"Get outta here before I call the guards!" Link obediently walked away from the stall, leading Uma with him. He stopped by a fountain and tied Uma's bridle to a post. He took out an empty bottle and filled it with the water from the fountain. He sat down cross-legged and began drinking the water he'd got. He had not drunken a thing since he got out of a forest, some miles away from the city, so just drinking was very refreshing. He felt more relaxed than he ever did in a while. He shut his eyes and began to rest.......

A group of thieves were chasing a young woman wearing a black veil over her face, allowing only her eyes to be visible. The group of thieves couldn't run very well, for they had visible sword wounds all over them. The thieves chased her into an alley. One of them cracked his whip at the woman, but it missed and hit over a pile of barrels, blocking their way. The lead thief smacked the one who cracked the whip in the head.

"That woman was ROYALTY!" roared the leader. "She could have had something priceless on her hands!" The other thief lowered his head. But something else caught his eye.

"Look!" the thief exclaimed, pointing at an area near the fountain. A young traveler carrying an empty bottle was sleeping next to a horse tied to a pole. The lead Thief smiled under his veiled face. They all began cracking their whips, slowly approaching the horse.
Link woke up with a start. He was so relaxed that he had fallen asleep. He looked up into the sky and saw that night had just fallen. He looked around and froze with terror. Uma was gone.

Last edited:

Chiraku

Demon slayer

CHPTR 3: Enter Zelda

Link ran around frantically, searching for Uma. But whenever he asked for help, a disgusted reply like 'serves a thief like you just right!' would be his only answer. He stopped at an alley and knelt down to rest.

"Is your horse Terminan?" Link, with a start, turned to see the woman the thieves were chasing. Link thought she was one of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He caught himself staring and quickly turned away, his cheeks flushing. Link tried to speak but his throat was dry. He cleared his throat.

"Yeah, Uma's a Terminan stallion," Link answered. The woman nodded her head.

"That's obvious, especially considering the name. Uma is ancient Terminan for 'swift', anyway, I know where your horse is," the woman explained.

"Where is he?" Link asked.

"Your horse is in the hands of a group of Gerudo thieves of the Feng tribe," the woman explained. Link recognized the Feng tribe. They were a variant of the Gerudo that actually had more men than woman. "But the tribe's grounds are hidden!" Link replied. The woman gave Link a hard look, but it slowly softened.

"I know why you doubt me, you don't know who I am." At that the woman looked around, then slowly took off her veil, revealing pure yellow hair, and a tiara with wing-like appendages around her ears. Link found himself staring, and turned away, again.

"I am Princess Zelda, Ruler of Hyrule," she announced. Link stood in confusion.

"A... princess... rules Hyrule...?" Link asked in astonishment. "Sorry Ma'am, but I've never heard of you," Link stated awkwardly.

"Anyway, your Highness, how does your position as royalty make you know where the thieves are?" Link asked suspiciously. The princess showed link the top of her right hand. There was a symbol made of three triangles.

"This birthmark shows that the power of Naryu, the Triforce of wisdom is with me," the princess explained. Link had heard of the Triforces, whoever bears a Triforce will be given special powers, but when all three are brought together, the true Triforce will be created.

"So, you 'have the wisdom' to tell me where they're stationed?" Link asked.

The group of thieves were having a drink of wine to celebrate their catch. They were inside a cave not too far from the city.

"How much do reckon the black market will pay for that stallion?" asked the youngest thief.

"I'll reckon... oh, about 20,000 rupees," the lead thief said confidently.

"Wait!" exclaimed a thief that was rather large. "How much do we all get?!"

"Well," another thief muttered. "There's four of us, so I'd guess we each get 5,000 rupees."

"Wait, the boss will get 5,150!" the youngest one exclaimed. "That's 50 from each of us! And the boss will get extra 'cause he's the one who found the boy with the horse in the first place!"

"Fair enough," the leader said with a laugh.

Just outside, Zelda and Link were at the entrance of the cave, looking for a way in through the massive stone door.. Zelda noticed there was a strange 'keyhole' at one side of the door.

"Dirty thieves!" Zelda spat.

"What do you mean?" Link asked.

"This door can only be opened with a Triforce piece. Those thieves probably stole a Triforce piece and are using it as a key inside!" Zelda spat in disgust.

"Well that's just great!" Link grumbled. "Unless there's a bomb-flower nearby, we're stuck!"
But Zelda held up her hand, and her birthmark began to glow, and three blue triangles appeared on the door, and it opened! Link was frozen in surprise, but Zelda wasn't waiting for him to recover.

"Come on!" she shouted as she grabbed him and pulled him in with her into the cave.

"What was that!?" cried the lead thief. He got up from where he was sitting, and saw Link charge In wielding his sword.

"It's the boy, get'em!" the lead thief roared, already trying to whip Link. But Link was, ready, and sliced the whip in half! He met the other thieves in battle, and soon he had sliced everyone's whips in half. But the thieves were still ready, one threw his whip, and it hit Link in his face, causing him to drop his sword. Then the thieves began to attack him with their bare hands. But as one of them was getting ready to kick Link, he grabbed the thief's leg and threw him into a wall. The rest of the thieves were still trying to attack, but Link picked up his sword and threw it at one of them, grazing his leg. Link picked up the handles of the whips and soon all the thieves were on the ground, except for the leader. The lead thief picked a club up off of the wall and began to circle Link. Link leaped over and snatched his sword, and threw it at the lead thief, but the thief whacked it away with his club. Link slowly approached the thief, then he ducked under the thief's legs and kicked him in the back, sending him to the ground, dropping his club in the process. Link picked up the club and dropped it on the thief's leg, ensuring he'd stay put. Then Zelda walked over to Link leading Uma with her. Link walked over and happily patted Uma.

"Thanks your highness," Link gratefully said. Zelda nodded. Link leaped unto Uma.

"Do you want to ride back with me to the city? It's the only thing I can do to say thanks," Link offered. Zelda handed Link his sword back, and climbed unto Uma.

Chiraku

Demon slayer

CHPT 4: Chiraku

Link had never expected any body waiting for him at the city, but something beyond amazing was waiting for him; the King, and his troops. Link was afraid of what his already obtained thief reputation would do to him, especially with Zelda with him. When they got there the king glared at Link.

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!” the king demanded. Link heard Zelda gulp, even she was afraid of the king.

“Father, this man lost his horse and I helped him get it back,” Zelda stated.
“YOU WERE OUT PAST CURFEW, OUTSIDE OF THE PALACE WALLS, AND WORKING WITH A MAN WITHOUT MY PERMISION!” Link wondered what the problem is with working with a man like him, then again she is royalty.
“Father, please, his horse was stolen by Gerudo Feng—”
MY DAUGHTER WORKING WITH GERUDOS, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO KEEP MY DAUGHTER SAFE!?”
“This man is a wonderful swordsman, he fended off the thieves with little trouble,” Zelda argued.
I SHALL NOT LET YOU OUT OF THE CASTLE IF YOU KEEP ON SNEAKING OUT OF TOWN!" the king bellowed. Then he turned a sharp eye at Link.
"AND, judging by his horse, he's probably a thief!" Link cleared his throat.

"Actually sir, this horse belonged too-"

"QUIET, BOY! I'M TALKING!" Link noted how the King called him a boy but the princess called him a man, maybe the king just didn't like him, or the Princess just- Link shut the thought out of his head, she was way out of his league. More arguing continued and Link figure that he caused all of the trouble. Link made up his mind, he would leave Hyrule to keep out of trouble. He began to speak, but the king attempted to hush him again, but he continued.

"I'm sorry your majesty, I'm the one who came to Hyrule, and I caused all of this trouble. I'll leave Hyrule and get out of your hair." Link turned to Zelda and beckoned her to get off. Zelda quietly slid off of Uma and watched as Link had Uma turn around and had him trot away. At first the King was glad to see Link go, but then he thought of what the princess said, and what she might say if he let this happen. Link did seem like a fine man, the King decided to let Link stay.
"Young man!" the king called. Link jumped and had Uma stop. He turned to listen.
"If your horse needs watering, and you need a place to rest, you can stay here." At first Link couldn't believe his ears, then, uncertainly, he had Uma trot back to the town. Zelda turned to her father.
"What made you change your mind?" she asked.
"He seemed fine enough, and the thought of 'unforgiveness ' struck me," he said with a playful smile. Zelda smiled back and ran back to join Link. A guard approached the king.
"You're highness! what happens if he is a thief?" the guard asked.
"Then he'll face the consequences. I'd much rather worry about Chiraku," the king stated.

Link had finished putting Uma into a stable when a guard called him.
"The king seeks an audience with you," he explained. Link patted Uma and followed the guard. When they entered the throne room, Link saw Zelda with her father waiting for him. The king thanked the guard and then looked at Link.
"From what my daughter told me, you are a great swordsman. In hearing that, I thought of a favor to ask you; a week earlier a man named Chiraku entered the kingdom, seeking shelter, claiming his home was ruined and he was going there to wait for his family. He asked me to send my guards to his home and look for them. But when they came back, they reported that Chiraku has no family whatsoever and the locals said ruined the area using magic. But by the time I was ready to have him arrested, he disappeared and was reported being seen at the Akuro shrine. I want you to got to the shrine and find Chiraku, and bring him back here. Will you do this for me?" the king asked. Link looked at Zelda, then at the King.

"I- I'll do it," Link answered. The King smiled.

"Before you go, take this, those adventuring clothes are too ragged for this, so I'm giving you a guard uniform." A guard approached Link and gave him a green tunic with chain-mail armoring inside. Link stared at the uniform for a while, then nodded his head.
Link had finished changing and went back to the king. The chain-mail was surprisingly light, and the boots were freshly made leather, and the rest was pure perfect. The only thing Link felt uncomfortable with was the hat, it was pointed and hung down the back of his head. The king smiled.
"You look more like an affiliate of mine now. Good-luck!" Link nervously smiled.

"Akuro's shrine is just east of the city. It's a shrine to an old warlord. I'm afraid that Chiraku might want something from inside the shrine." Link nodded and turned for the door.
"Be careful!" Zelda called. Link blushed again and left.
Link was walking Uma towards the city gate when he heard a commotion. He saw a hooded man dressed in black and blue robes run out of a tavern, carrying a scroll. People from inside the tavern were calling 'HELP! THIEF!'. Link frowned and jumped in the way of the man. The man pulled to a stop and glared.
"Get outta my way, kid! I'm busy!"

"Return that scroll and I'll leave!" Link replied. The man frowned and drew a sword for a sheath on his back.

"NO ONE THREATENS ME!" the man roared, slashing at Link. Link drew his sword and began parrying the man's blows. Link quickly knocked the man's sword back. "Let's pick up the pace, I'm kinda in a hurry," Link said. "I'm lookin for Chiraku, is he a friend of your's?" The man lowered his sword. "Interesting..." he said quietly. "Let me tell you something;" The man lifted his hood, revealing his face. His hair was spiked on both sides, and a bat-like medallion hung from his neck. "I am Chiraku!" he shouted as he began to slash his sword again. So this is Chiraku. Link thought. Link struck Chiraku's hand with the flat side of his sword, causing him to drop the scroll. Link ducked and grabbed the scroll. Chiraku growled and ran away, towards the gate. A man came over to Link.
"Thanks a 'plenty Kid! Can I have the swordsman scroll back?" the man asked. Link gave him the scroll and hopped onto Uma. He had him ride into a gallop towards the gate.

Last edited:

Chiraku

Demon slayer
CHPT 5: The shrine of Akuro

Link rode after Chiraku. Chiraku was surprisingly fast for a normal man, But he was still about to get outran. Chiraku had noticed his disadvantage and stopped running. He held out his hand made a strange gesture. Then an earsplitting echo went through the air, and a chasm opened in the ground. A group of bones rose from the ground and assembled into a skeletal horse. Chiraku made a slow waving motion with his hand and the creature's eyes began to glow a deep purple. Chiraku hopped unto the creature and it rode off. Link was astounded by what just happened. But then he remembered the stalfos; reincarnated bodies of those died getting lost. A new example had just been recorded; a reincarnated dead horse. Many people call them 'Stal-Ions'. Link had Uma run faster and caught up with Chiraku. Gee,' amazing he can ride that thing without a bridle, Link thought to himself. Link was able to get close enough to Chiraku to attack his steed. Link drew his sword and began to slash at the Stal-Ion's legs. The steed let out an unearthly screech and lurched to a stop; flinging Chiraku off in the process. Chiraku landed on his arm, which resulted in breaking it. Chiraku got off the ground and looked around desperately for a place to flee to, then he noticed a temple near the entrance to some woods. Ignoring the pain of his arm, Chiraku fled over to the temple, with Link in hot pursuit. Chiraku stopped running and turned to Link, held out his hand, and then a gust of wind and dust flew into Uma's face. Uma stopped and began to run around in confusion. Link Jumped off of Uma, and quickly got up. He pulled a rope that he kept handy off of his belt, and was about to tie it into a lasso, when Uma suddenly stopped running, his eyes glimmering blue for a second. Link stared in confusion at what had happened, and while he put his lasso away, he heard a crunching noise behind him. He slowly reached for his sword, then quickly drew it and turned to who was coming, but Link was astonished on who it was; it was Zelda!

"How did you--" Link began, but Zelda quickly cut in.

"I heard you were chasing Chiraku. So I decided to follow you here," Zelda answered.

"That still doesn't explain how you got here so easily!" Link replied.

"The triforce of Wisdom can do many things, including healing a confused animal," Zelda said with a smile. Link sighed and put his sword away. Zelda walked over to the entrance of the temple.

"We'll have to find Chiraku fast. The shrine of Akuro is a Labyrinth, he could flee anywhere."

" 'We'? If I remember correctly, the King asked me and me alone to do this. Sorry your Highness, but I'll have to do this alone." Zelda didn't react. She walked into the shrine. Link hurriedly secured Uma and ran after Zelda.

Link and Zelda cautiously walked through the shrine. Weapons, war illustrations, and battle armor were hung on the walls. Zelda cleared her throat.

"I never asked you your name," she said.
"Oh, it's Link," he answered. The two walked up to a staircase. At the top was a strange wheel secured to a post. Zelda noticed something about the wheel and ran up to it. She stared at the wheel. Link followed her and took a look at the wheel. There were seven sections on the wheel, each with an empty slot on the end of them. There were carvings of what seemed to be monsters in each section. Zelda stared in confusion at the wheel.

"That's strange..." she muttered. "The slots are empty..." There was a flash in a nearby room. Link cautiously walked over to the entrance of the room, and saw a room filled with bottled faires, each one trying in vain to get out. In the middle of the room was Chiraku, holding his wounded arm. He made a strange sweeping motion over his arm, and it was instantly healed. He let out a sigh and picked up a scroll from a desk. He began to read it carefully, barely noticing Link drawing his sword behind him, Zelda watching him. One fairy had managed to knock the bottle she was in to the ground, shattering it. Chiraku groaned and put the scroll back. He was muttering something about lousy fairies sitting still, but when he turned, he had just enough time to dodge Link's sword. Chiraku was surprised by Link's sudden appearance. But he quickly drew his sword and began to slice at Link, but Link was able to dodge each blow. Chiraku growled.

"You can't leave a man be, can you?" he groaned.

"Back at you!" Link replied, slashing his sword at Chiraku. Chiraku parried the blows with little trouble.

"You know..." Chirkau muttered, throwing his sword to the ground. "You're just a simple swords man. As for me, swords are for when I don't want to show--" Chiraku, clenched his fist, and upon reopening his hand, a ball of energy was being generated from his hand! "-- What I can really do!" Chiraku threw the energy bolt at Link, who reflected it with his sword.

"I'm a sorcerer, and I can do almost anything I want. That's why I'm such a good thief. It's also why I'm such a good murderer. All it takes is a simple--" Chiraku picked up his sword and moved so quickly that Link couldn't react. "--PUSH!!" Link wasn't sure what happened next, but the side of his chest began to burn, he heard Zelda gasp in the background, there was a roaring in his ears, and then everything went black. While he fell to the ground, there was something strangely familiar about what just happened...
Zelda stared in horror. Chiraku had sliced the side of Link's chest. Chiraku put his sword away. He glared at Zelda.

"In just seven days, the reign of terror will return! That's a lot more time than the boy has left to live!" Chiraku growled. Zelda picked up Link's sword and pointed it at Chiraku. Chiraku stared and burst out lauging.

"It's unreasonable for a maiden like you to know how to wield a sword!" Chiraku spat, still laughing. Zelda stood there, feeling like a fool, but then her confidence returned.

"True, but it's also unreasonable for anyone like me not to know how to throw things!" Zelda said threateningly.

"Hmm, point taken..." Chiraku muttered. He snapped his fingers and in a flash of blue light he had disappeared. Zelda put down the sword and stared helplessly at Link's wound. But the fairy that had just gotten free had freed all the other fairies. While the other fairies flew away for freedom, the one that got free first stayed and fluttered over to Link.

"I'm a fairy, so I can give enough energy to stay alive," The fairy announced, fluttering over Link, releasing sparkles onto the dying body. Zelda let out a sigh of relief.

"What's your name?" She asked. The fairy turned to Zelda.

"My name's Amea!" she answered.

Author note:
If you're having trouble pronouncing the fairy's name, it's pronounced AME- UH.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
CHPT 6: The Story of Akuro

Link woke up with a start. He heard Chiraku say something about a week. He was about to get up when his side hurt again, forcing him to get back down. Link looked around the room. Chiraku was gone, all of those bottled fairies were gone, and Zelda stood behind him, with part of her veil torn off. Link noticed there was a black bloodstained cloth wrapped around his chest. Link stared, and then sighed.

"Uh... thanks." Zelda nodded. Then a purple sparkle flew into Link's face. Link noticed the sparkle had wings, then sighed again. It was only a fairy. The fairy danced all around Link.

"It worked!" she cried. "This was my first time, but it worked!" Link stared at the fairy in confusion.

"Uh... Who are you?" he asked. The fairy stopped and looked at Link.

"My name's Amea!" she answered. Link struggled to get up, and managed to sit up right.

"What happened? I could've sworn I was dead," Link asked. Zelda smiled.

"This fairy gave you enough energy to stay alive, but she said that we would have to take care of the wound our selves," she said. Link was still confused.

"How could a fairy heal someone without dying?" Link asked. Amea groaned.

"Didn't you hear what your sweet-heart said?! I only kept you alive! If I healed the wound, I would've died!"

"HEY!!" Link and Zelda snapped. Link managed to get up, but he had to hold his side to keep the pain from spreading.

"Alright, I'm quite through with this; Zelda commented that that wheel had no gems, and Chiraku said something about a reign of terror, and then there's the warlord Aukuro, what is going on?!" Link demanded. Zelda sighed.

"It goes like this; it's an old legend from long ago, it's how the shrine and the wheel first got here."

A long time ago, when almost a century had past since a great evil was destroyed, more threats rose and made the land hostile. The land was going to plunge into chaos, until a young sorcerer, calling himself Akuro, easily sealed all the evil that threatened the land. Once he had gained the King's trust, he did something horrifying; he created more evil than what had once already plagued the land.

He chose seven evil beings from all sorts of races, and corrupted them, turning them into his shadow pupils. These seven monsters plagued and ruined the land, scholars who studied the gods were able to create a 'compass', to track when the monsters would next attack. They dubbed this compass, the 'Demon Wheel'.

One day, after what seemed a lifetime of chaos, a man who called himself a minstrel came and announced he would defeat Akuro, using an instrument crafted to manipulate nature. Akuro had a similar instument, but the minstrel was in truth a swordsman, and challenged Akuro. 'If you kill me', he announced, 'I will leave the land. 'But if I defeat you, you'll give up your powers'. Akuro, foolishly accepted the challenge. But alas, he was defeated. In a rage, Akuro transformed himself into a demonic creature, called 'Aku Demos', but he was killed. His power was destroyed and his pupils were sealed inside crystals that were held in the wheel.

But the swordsman died one day, murdered by the remains of Akuro's evil. The King had an altar built for the man in the city. While fearing the same thing would to the kingdom as what happened to the swordsman, he had a shrine for Akuro built as well, and any remaining evil backed down.

They say that the monsters known as 'demos' are still inside other areas of the world. The instruments of day and night were sealed inside the Akuro shrine, which stands to this day.

Link stared, thinking of the story that was just told.

"But the gems in the wheel are gone..." Link muttered. Amea danced around crazily.

"That's it!" she cried. "Chiraku was looking at a scroll of the legend before! He also had Seven gems with him! This is strange coming from a 10-year-old, but my 'natural fairy intuition' is telling me that Chiraku is trying to revive the seven pupils," Amea exclaimed. Zelda shook her head.

"It's too far fetched..." Zelda muttered. Amea stared at Zelda.

"Then how come he's heading to where the two instruments are being kept? Legend says that both can give good and evil power, and one can destroy another, and without an opposing one, the user would be unstoppable..." Amea stated. Zelda's eyes widened.

"H-HOW CAN YOU TELL THAT?!" she cried.

"Oh, fairies have this thing for Info..." Amea muttered. Zelda got up frantically.

"If w-what Amea says is true, then I have to find Chiraku!" Zelda cried.

"I'm coming too!" Link stated. Zelda looked hard at him.

"Oh-no you don't! You're hurt!" Zelda snapped.

"The king told me to take care of Chiraku, I'm not quitting 'til Chiraku's arrested!" Link replied. Amea cleared her throat.

"Oh never-mind that, we shouldn't go down there anyway," Amea quickly muttered.

"WHY NOT?!" Link and Zelda cried.

"The great fairy who used to stay with us always said 'don't go into the labyrinths! It full of monsters!' and any fairy who did go in never came out!" But it was too late, Zelda, being followed by Link, had already departed. Amea stood there for a moment then fluttered after them.

"W-WAIT! I'M COMING TOO!" she called.

Last edited:

Chiraku

Demon slayer
CHPT 7: The Underground Labyrinth - Enter the Phantom!

Link and Zelda ran frantically, going down stairs and entering chambers, Amea leading the way. But one time there was only one way to go; a big door, all sorts of evil markings covering it. There was a carving of what seemed to be a maze, with skulls placed on certain areas. Link stared at the door. Amea gasped.

"L-LINK!" she frantically cried. "THIS IS WHAT THE GREAT FAIRY WAS TALKING ABOUT! THERE ARE MONSTERS ON THE OTHER SIDE! WE'LL ALL GET KILLED!" But Link shook his head.

"That's not true," Link muttered. He walked up and put his hand on the door, pointing at the markings. Link began to mutter to himself, making strange words out of the markings. Link quietly read aloud what he saw.

"The armored soldiers... never let them see you... get to the end... the light is safe... the guards are evil... they never trust... use this trait against them... destroy them all... and a gift awaits...." Zelda shook her head.

"Even I couldn't read that..." she muttered. Link turned around.

"I studied all kinds of literature, before...- never-mind." Link looked at Amea.

"Why are you so scared of this place?" Link asked. Amea stirred a little before answering.

"Suja, the great fairy who used to live here, stayed here ever since Akuro was killed. She lived here for years, more fairies were born, and she was almost ready to create a fairy fountain here, but then Chiraku came, made this place his base, and drove her out... we never saw her again..." Amea slowly explained. Link noticed what seemed to be tears dropping off of Amea. Link turned around and got ready to open the door. Amea was about to argue but Link had already opened the door.

Link and Zelda carefully walked through the door, Amea slowly following them. Link stepped onto the path. The room was dark, and had the musty smell of a graveyard. There was a silent clanking noise nearby, slowly getting louder. Link began to carefully walk in one direction, Zelda following him, then Link bumped into something. This must be what the stuff on the door meant by a maze... Link thought to himself. But when he got up he realized something; it wasn't a wall, it was a leg. Link looked up and saw two blood red eyes peering at him, then, a loud rumbling voice roared "INTRUDER!!!!" a chandelier hanging on the ceiling began to flash red, lighting the whole room up. Link saw a giant evil knight, clad in black armor, red eyes peering through a visor. Link scrambled to his feet. The knight raised it's sword.

"THERE'S AN INTRUDER IN THE SOUTH-WEST!!!!" it roared. Link and Zelda scurried through the room. Link saw another knight coming from another area. Zelda noticed a strange glowing area on the ground. She grabbed Link's arm and pulled him into it, narrowly missing his leg. Zelda quickly joined him, and noticed that the knights stopped running. The knights looked left and then right, then growled.

"Darn those safe-zones!" one knight grumbled, leaving the area. Zelda let out a sigh of relief.

"It seems we're safe while we're in places like this!" Zelda panted.

" 'the light is safe..." Link echoed. "That must mean the guards can't see us in here!" Amea popped out of Link's bag, where she had been hiding.

"Those 'things' are called phantoms! They guard the Labyrinths, but they're pure evil! They don't trust each other, so we could use this to our advantage!" Amea exclaimed.

"Just like what the door said!" Link said in approval. Link looked outside and noticed a door with a strange marking of a helmet on it.

"I'll go check that door out!" Link whispered as he crept outside the safe zone. He quietly walked up to the door and looked at the marking. He shook his head, it didn't make sense. He turned around to see a phantom walking up the corridor. The phantom noticed Link and cackled. He ran after Link, readying his sword. Link saw the other Phantom following the other. Link gulped and ducked under the phantom's legs and narrowly jumped past the other one, but when Link had jumped, the phantom had swung his sword, and in the process, hit the other phantom. The phantom who got hit growled and sliced the other phantom in clean half! Link stared in awe, but then he noticed the door light up and open. He ran through the corridor and called to Zelda.

"Get through the door!! I'll keep the phantom busy!!" Link called Zelda nodded her her head and ran to the door, making it through, but the door began to close.

"The door's closing!!" She called. Link tried to outrun the phantom, but it was getting faster the more it ran. Link ran for the door, and jumped through, with the phantom's sword getting caught in the door. Link got up and looked around the room. There was a stairway with some carvings on the wall next to it. Link carefully read the carvings, then he smiled.

"Those two instruments are being kept in the next room!" Link exclaimed. He ran down the stairs but stopped. There was a strange door blocking the way. It had the symbol of the triforce on it. Zelda walked down the stairs and looked at the door. She held out her hand and the triangles on the wall glowed blue, then it opened. Link and Zelda stepped in. There were two flutes on respective stands. Link walked over to one flute that was colored dark red and read the inscription.

"The cry of dawn...-" Link walked over to the other one, which was colored a deep purple. "The voice of dusk..., these are the two instruments from the legend, aren't they?" Link asked. Zelda nodded her head. There was a soft clapping noise coming from one side of the room. Amea fluttered behind Link. From down the stairs came Chiraku, clapping his hands.

"I knew you would come after me, so I made my way down here and waited for you to open the door. By the way, there used to be three phantoms up there... I took care of the other one!" Chiraku walked over to where the flutes were kept.

"Now there's nothing keeping me from reviving the underlings!" He said with a cackle. Link quickly drew his sword and grabbed the 'voice of dusk'. Chiraku frowned.

"Sheesh. I don't have enough magic left to destroy that flute. (Sigh), guess I'll have to take the other one. He reached over to pick up the 'cry of dawn', but Zelda threw a pot which was on the floor at Chiraku. He dodged the pot, and turned to Zelda.

"That's some pluck you got. True, I may not have enough to kill someone, but I do have enough to fissure spirit!" Chiraku drew open his hand, revealing it to be crackling with energy. Link quickly put the flute away and ran in front of Chiraku, who was about to hurl the energy. Chiraku still threw it, and Link attempted to block it with his sword, while Zelda fled from the area. But when the energy bounced off of Link's sword, Chiraku wade a strange gesture, which made the energy still follow Zelda. Link ran and tried to stop the bolt, but Zelda was shot. But the triforce symbol on her hand had glowed before she was hit. She fell to the ground, crackling with energy for a second but nothing happened. Chiraku snapped his fingers angrily.

"So it didn't work. But that doesn't mean there aren't any side-effects!" Chiraku snapped. He tried a tune on the flute, but he made a sour note and a nearby pot shattered. Chiraku stood a little stunned by what happened.

"Either I'm a bad player, or this flute really is powerful!" he exclaimed. Link threw his sword at Chiraku, but he didn't even take the time to dodge.

"Later!" he called before disappearing in a blue light. Amea fluttered over Zelda.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Zelda slowly got up and shook her head.

"I feel alright, but... something seems wrong..." she said in a quiet voice. Link groaned.

"So we know that Chiraku wants to revive the seven pupils, with him controlling it. But how do we get out of here?!" Just then a blue Light appeared on the floor. Link stared at it for a second then Amea began flutter around.

"It's a blue light! we can get to the entrance of the shrine now!" She cried. Amea flew into the light and disappeared. Link was about to walk in, when he noticed that Zelda wasn't moving.

"Are you coming?" Link asked. Zelda quickly looked at Link as if she got snapped out of something.

"Oh... yeah. I'm coming," she said as she walked into the light. Link followed after her.
What's wrong with her? Is it one of those side-effects? Link thought to himself before appearing back at the entrance to the shrine.

Last edited:

Chiraku

Demon slayer
CHPT 8: The Journey begins

Back in the main room, Link, Zelda, and Amea pondered on what to do next.

"How is Chiraku going to reawaken the pupils?" Link asked.

"He has to use the seven crystals that have been removed from the Demon Wheel," Zelda answered. "But he can't do anything without the Demon Wheel being reactivated."

"'Reactivated?'" Link asked in confusion.

"To keep the Demon Wheel from being used for evil, when the reign of Akuro was over, the Demon Wheel's powers were drained and sealed into three crystals and hidden inside three palaces," Zelda answered.

"So, if Chiraku uses the Demon Wheel, he'll be able to release the seven Demons. What happens if someone uses the Demon Wheel for good purposes?" Link asked. Zelda shook her head.

"Nobody knows exactly what will happen. But there was something that said the Demon Wheel can give the chosen one the power to destroy the Demons."

"And what good does this 'voice of dawn' do for him?" Link asked. Amea began to flutter around excitedly.

"Oh! I believe I can answer that!" she exclaimed. "The instrument in the legend was able to seal up Akuro's powers inside those seven temples too, so now that Chiraku has the Voice of Dawn, he can release Akuro's powers, but that's if he knows that certain melody..." Amea explained.

"What melody?" Link asked.

"The melody that sealed Akuro and his underlings. But its only recording of the notes was hidden long ago to keep the Demon wheel from being reawakened. The Demon wheel contains the power to break the seals on the Demons."

"It's that powerful?" Link asked.

"If it was created properly, it could destroy the land, without the Demons." Zelda answered. "The scholars who created the design of the Demon Wheel studied the powers of the Goddesses, their knowledge of the Goddesses was so great, that they were almost considered sages." Zelda turned and looked at the Demon Wheel. An aura of suffering always surrounded the Wheel.

"Chiraku's a powerful sorcerer, but what if I had that 'ability to destroy the Demons', doesn't that mean I could stop Chiraku?" Link asked. Zelda shook her head.

"It's very unlikely that anybody is the chosen one. It's almost impossible to use the Demon Wheel and be given the power if you're not the Chosen one. Chiraku's only hope of using it is to unleash the Demons." Amea began to fly around.

"Oh! Oh! I know! There is room a where there are scrolls and maps, it has something about the Legend in it, I'll go get it!" Amea exclaimed, and then fluttered away. A moment later, Amea came back, struggling over the weight of holding some scrolls, She dropped them onto the floor.

Link opened up one scroll, and there was some ancient writing on it, and it was the same language that he could read. He looked closely at the scroll and began to read it.

When the Demon Wheel is threatened to be used by evil, the weapon of the Demon Slayer must be unlocked. The Demon Wheel must be awakened and the power will be bestowed unto a single sword, and be given to the chosen One, the one who shall destroy Akuro's power once and for all.

The three crystals of the Demon Wheel must be placed into the shrine of the north. The Crystals are sealed into three palaces, one of the earth, one of the sea, and one of the sky. The Demon Wheel shall give the power to destroy the evil to the one person, worthy of the Title of 'The Demon Slayer'.

Link stared at the scroll. There wasn't anything else to read. There was some symbols that he could read though, but it was just calligraphy; picture words. But the symbols translated into 'earth, sea', and 'sky'. Link sighed and put the Scroll down.

"The scroll says we have to find the three crystals, that are hidden in the palaces of the earth, sea, and sky," Link picked up the other scroll. "If we could awaken the Demon wheel, we could find the Chosen one and then we'd have the person to stop Chiraku." Link opened up the other scroll, which was a map, and looked closely at it. There were plenty of Temples, but they were all shrines to the demons. "But we have no idea where to find the crystals," Link sighed. Amea groaned.

"Humans aren't as observant as I thought... Look right there!" Amea snapped pointing with her wing to a spot on the Map. The spot was a little faded, and was right next to a river.

"So?" Link asked. Amea groaned.

"Try scratching it!" she snapped. Link rubbed the spot with his finger and could notice the faded part was flaking off. When all of it was flaked off, the symbol of the sea was revealed. Amea, even though as an orb of light she was expressionless, smiled.

"This shows where the Temple of the sea is located!" Amea exclaimed. Link smiled and put the scroll into his bag.

"Alright then, I'll go to the Temple and see what I can do!" Link said with a gleam in his eye.

"But this will be dangerous!" Zelda objected.

"The King ordered me to stop Chiraku, and that's what I'm going to do!" Link snapped.

The three got out of the shrine. Link was surprised to see that in all the turn of events, it had turned from twilight to dawn. Link immediately ran over to make sure Uma was okay. Zelda however, seemed troubled and anxious about something.

"Link...?" she asked. "I've really got to get back to the city. My father's probably furious."

"Hold on!" Link snapped. "I thought you told me when we met that you were the ruler of Hyrule, yet your father seems to be in control...!" Zelda began to look even more troubled.

"I'm-- the king's-- I really have to go home!" Zelda exclaimed before running towards the city. Link stood there for a moment, then began to get onto Uma.

"We should go to the city, too," Link said.

"You're that worried about her?" Amea asked. Link frowned at her.

"I'm not worried! I just need to refresh my supplies! Plus, I have to let the King know what I'm up to!" Link snapped. "And that crack you made about us two last night wasn't a bit funny!" Link added. Amea sighed.

"Fairies know almost everything. That's all I'm sayin'..." Amea said with a sigh. Link frowned at her again and got Uma into a gallop.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
CHPT 9: A gift from a Fairy

“She’s... alright?” Link asked. He was at the gate of the city, and was conversing with the guard at the front.

“Yeah, she came in a while ago, and she already told the King about that you were going to go look for Chiraku,” The guard said. Well, that saves me some trouble, Link thought. Link tied Uma to a fence and walked through the gate.

“I need to refresh my supplies before I leave,” Link said as he walked past the guard. “Thanks for letting me know.”

“You should probably start with some food,” Amea suggested. “It’s a long way to the temple, so you’d better bring a lot--!” Before she could finish, Link took off his hat and caught Amea with it.

“Is that your fairy?” The guard asked.

“No, she’s Just tagging along,” Link answered. “Until I can find some way to get rid of her!” Muffled shouting came from Link’s hat. “But I might need her sooner or later.” Link admitted.
Link was glad that he could get some supplies without being accused as a thief. He was able to get some food for Uma, and for himself. While he was at the market, he heard somebody shout something out.

“Hey, Kid!” The voice shouted. Link turned and saw that it was the man that he helped earlier against Chiraku. “Can I talk to you?” Link walked up to the man.

“Yes?” Link said.

“I didn’t properly thank you when that Chiraku took my scroll,” the man said. “So I’d like you to have it.” The man held out the scroll to Link. Link held out his hand to take it, but hesitated.

“Are you sure?” he asked. “The swordsman scrolls are very rare, and valuable. Are you willing to give it to me, a traveler?”

“This thing’s been giving me a lot of trouble,” the man said. “Thieves from everywhere have come to try and take it! I think a guy who travels might have a better chance of keeping it. Plus I don’t really need it.” Link nodded and took the scroll. “That’s a nasty wound you got there,” The man said. Link looked down at the bloodied cloth on his chest. He forgot it was there.

“Yeah, I had a little skirmish while I was gone,” Link said.

“Little?!” Amea exclaimed. “You were completely outdone! He would’ve killed you if I didn’t--” Link caught Amea in his hat again.

“Do you know where I could get rid of this thing?” Link asked.

“They say that there’s a fairy-fountain nearby,” the man said. “But not too many have seen it. Sorry.”

“Yeah, thanks for the scroll!” Link said as he went on with his business. He released Amea from his hat. Amea coughed.

“Do you ever wash your hair?!” she asked. “It smelled like death in there!!” Link didn’t answer. “ ‘But not too many have seen it!’ how dense can a Human be?!” Amea spat.

“Don’t tell me you know where it is!” Link said.

“As a matter of fact I do!” Amea replied.”I’ve been there plenty of times!”

“Well it’s not like I need to go there!” Link said before walking away. “Like I need to talk to another chatterbox, a bigger one at that!” Amea was struck, but then fluttered after him.

“My big sister is NOT a chatterbox! Neither am I! She’s one of the kindest great fairies around! She’s got all the info you’ll ever need!”

“I got a library!” Link said as he walked into a building, leaving Amea alone. Link came out a moment later with a book in his hands.

“What’s that?” Amea asked.

“A guide book,” Link answered as he flipped through the pages. “Hmm... the river temple is at the border of the forest and water realm... that shouldn’t be too far, it’s just a couple hours journey.”

“I could’ve told you that!” Amea said angrily.”I doubt that hunk of paper has everything you need!” Amea growled. “What’s more reliable than a fairy companion?!”

“One that doesn’t talk!” Link replied as he put the book into his bag. Link walked back through the gate and after untying him, prepared to get unto Uma, but when he tried to swing on, his wound began to ache. He held his wound and began to breathe heavily. “I forgot this thing even hurt anymore!” he said as he slowly stooped to the ground.

“Keeping you alive and getting rid of the pain isn’t enough, you know,” Amea said. “If you don’t get it healed, then it’ll get infected, and we’ll have more problems to deal with!”

“And you have a solution?” Link snapped.

“Let me take you to the great fairy,” Amea said. “She can heal you, and can give us some info on the river temple!” Link considered for a moment.

“Alright, you can take me to her--” he began.

“Hah! You didn’t think I’d come easy, did you?” Amea asked. “I’ll take you, if you let me stay with you!” Link groaned at the thought, but being with a talk-a-lot was better than dying from a wound... or was it?

“Fine!” he said. “You can stay!”

“Tie your horse back up and I’ll take you to her,” Amea said. Link obeyed and followed Amea. Amea lead him over to a bush.

“This is it?!” Link asked in disbelief.

“No! Of course not! Yeesh...” Amea grumbled as she went into the bush. She tore some twigs and revealed a small hole. Link stared down into it.

“I’m supposed to jump in...?” he asked.

“That’s the generally accepted method,” Amea answered as she fluttered down. Link shrugged and jumped in, but he didn’t fall in as gracefully as he thought, his arm got caught on the side of the hole and made him hurtle down the hole. He soon landed on his back, on a small marble platform. Link coughed from the blow, and slowly rose to his feet. The whole room was a carved out cave, with a sparkling fountain flowing with crystal water in the middle. Fairies fluttered to and fro. Amea fluttered over to the fountain, and began to speak in ancient-hylian.

" O nēsan! Ane!” she cried. “ Watashi no yūjin wa anata no tasuke o hitsuyō to ****e imasu!" Link understood what she said. ‘Big-sister! My friend needs your help!’ The water began to twinkle, then sparkle, soon it was blindingly bright. Link shielded himself from the glow as a figure rose from the fountain. The glowing stopped, and there stood a tall women-like figure, wearing flowing blue robes, with soft black hair, and two large crystal clear wings on her back. Her eyes were a blank white, but her face was kind. She held out her hand, and Amea nestled into it.

“Anata fushin no kaiketsu-saku wa nani, on'nanoko?” the great fairy asked in a kind, soft voice. She had said ‘what ails you, little girl?’.

“(My friend has been wounded!)” Amea said. “(Can you help him?)” The great fairy looked at Link and held out her hand.

“(Come hither...)” She said. Link walked towards the Great fairy. When Link came close enough, the fairy released little sparkles of energy unto Link’s wound. In an instant, it was healed. Link removed the cloth tied around it and felt the area on his chest that was no longer cut. “(What has caused you so much pain?)”

“(He fought with the thief that took away our mother’s home!)” Amea said. “(He’s also trying to get to the river Temple to find one of the three stones!)” The great Fairy was silent for a moment, then reached out her hand and touched Link’s head Link gasped as a surge of energy went through his body. The Great fairy’s expression changed to a troubled one.

“Such a sad past... for such a young person...” The fairy said quietly. Link couldn’t help but notice that now the Great Fairy was speaking Modern Hylian. He also noticed that the Fairy seemed to be reading his memories. The fairy lifted her hand and looked down at Link. She slowly smiled. “You have helped my Sister, and saved her, and our siblings. For that I shall reward you.” The fairy closed her hand, and when she opened it, a ball of green energy had formed. She ‘pushed’ the ball towards Link. Link reached out and touched it, but the moment he did, the ball split into particles and energized inside his body.

Link felt different, and stronger. The great Fairy smiled again.

“I have given you Magic power,” She said. “You can now use manipulate mystical energy. This will help you discover hidden powers inside you, and perhaps help you use whatever you might find on your journey.” The fairy looked down to Amea. “And you saved his life when he was in need. You shall be rewarded too.” The great fairy simply touched Amea with two fingers, and Amea’s color began to change. Her usual purple color changed into a vibrant Lavender. “You can now take your friend to safety when he is in danger.” the Great Fairy said. “And Amea, could you do something for us?” she asked.

“What is it?” Amea asked.

“I have not heard word from our mother, Suja,” The great fairy said.

“Suja’s alive?!” Amea cried, her voice beginning to choke up. “I thought that Chiraku... that he...”

“She is still alive, but I am worried for her condition, as I haven’t heard from her or any of her daughters. If you are ever in the water realm, please search for Suja’s Fountain.” The great fairy asked.

“I will,” Amea answered. “Link will help me!” The great Fairy looked at Link in surprise.

“That is his name?” she asked. “He bears the same name as the hero of Legend...”

“I’m sure it’s only a coincidence,” Amea said.

“Take care of him either way,” The great Fairy said. “He may be the only one who can stop Chiraku.” The great fairy pointed at the pedestal that Link fell on. “When you are ready to leave, step unto the pedastal.” Amea flew out of the great Fariy’s hands as she enveloped herself in her wings, and began to glow, and disappeared back into the fountain. Link looked up at Amea.

“It seems like every fairy here is related in some way...” Link observed.

“Let’s leave,” Amea said. “We got to get to the river temple, and don’t forget your promise!”

“You sure do talk differently infront of other people,” Link said, half mockingly. Link stepped unto the pedestal and watched as it carried him back to the entrance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom