• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Legend of Zelda: Ascension of the Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Sorry for the delay, folks. I had to add and change some stuff. :P Not to mention the fact that I was very hesitant to post this. I didn't know if you all would like it. But Magatha convinced me. :) Well, it's just a fan fic, and anything goes in fan fics, right? Let us see where this takes us.

This is a fan-fic based in the world of Wind Waker sixteen years after Ganondorf was defeated. I am also adding a bit of other stuff from other Zelda games, but not too much. So don't be surprised if you see a thing or two from other Zelda titles. Aside from that, guess I included some of my own stuff as well. I hope you enjoy reading it. And...I apologize once again because I don't have a map ready for you peeps. But I will probably be making one and posting it sometime.

Disclaimer: All Zelda related stuff belongs to Nintendo.

Specially dedicated to the following peeps: Magatha, Keyshe, Raindrop14, Linknerd09, Imogen, Hero of Time, Ghirahimiscool, Violet, Myriadviper42, Mandy287, WindmillIsland, Axle The Beast, and to anyone else who likes my sucky writing.

Try to see this story as if you were playing WW. Imagine the characters as those found in the game and you'll probably have a better time reading it. ;)

Edit--Rated Pg13, but I guess younger folks can read it too.

The Legend of Zelda
Ascension of the Last

Prelude

Northwest Realm, 4th of August, Era 1606 (16 years after Ganondorf’s defeat at the hands of Link)

The small coffer lay partially covered and moderately exposed on the soggy ground. It was not just any ordinary coffer or chest as those found all over the world, this one was golden colored with many rubies and gems all around. The coffer had been shining brightly as the sun had been reflecting its light over it on that sunny afternoon. It was no wonder that the young gal did not miss it when her dark eyes saw it as she had been approaching in the distance.

"What in the..." Aana Engelhart was surprised to see the shiny source. “What the hell is that?”

She was truly marveled at the way the object glimmered not ten feet away from her. Aana was a local fisher of the area, although she was not your ordinary human being, she was a Lycan, or as those hairy creatures were known as in the entire world, she was a werewolf. Lycans resembled ordinary human beings, but when the moon was full and visible and they saw it, they transmuted into ferocious beasts that were hard to kill. The Lycans were just one of three races that inhabited the Northwestern Realm, a large island which was divided in three zones that made up three realms: Broah, where the Lycans resided, Gelvassen, the desert home to the power-hungry Gerudo tribes, and Shair, a mountain-riddled section of the island home to the exotic and deadly Sheikah race.

Aana was short, barely reaching five feet in height. Her hair was long and dark and she kept it tied in two braids at her back. A purple, sleeveless blouse covered her busty torso, and she wore a grayish skirt that fell all the way down to her knees. A pair of dark sandals that she wore kept her feet secured from pointy stones and thorns found on the ground. Long ago she had injured her right knee after falling from a tree, so she also wore a knee brace, a special one that had been bought from a strange, masked Sheikah merchant.

Aana quickly realized that it was a coffer what was laying on the ground up ahead. And because she had been astonished to see it just laying there, Aana had dropped her wooden fishing pole and a light brown satchel with bait and fishing utensils that she had been carrying and had rushed on over to it immediately. She stared at it without bending low to retrieve it, just marveled at its beauty for a while. As she did that, she felt an eerie sensation within, a feeling that grew to a cold shiver, though Aana ignored it. Many times had she passed through this route on her way to Beksoth’s Eye, a large lake to the west that lay close to her village, and she had never run into anything like this. Before she knew it, Aana glanced about this way and that and then bent low and picked up the coffer without measuring the consequences. And to her surprise, when she clicked what appeared to be a small button in the form of a golden triangle with an eye in the middle, two fasteners gave way and a clicking sound was heard, startling her briefly.

Did I just unfasten the latches? Aana thought. She had, and she realized that when she lifted the top part of the coffer upwards. There, lying within on a purplish silky cloth was a stone in the shape of a diamond. It was big, about the size of an orange, but what was more surprising and made Aana’s mouth open in awe was the pure fact that it was beautiful, more so than the beautiful coffer which was its home.

"Beautiful!" Aana whispered as she continued staring at the stone.

She was dumbfounded, totally captivated by the stone’s beauty. Aana felt a strange urge to grab it, to hold it, and she did. With a trembling hand she reached for the stone, not really measuring any consequences that could come from touching the stone. She held the stone a few inches away from her dark eyes. She spun it around, twisting her hand a bit in order to do so. Aana, just by looking at the beauty of the stone, knew she had made a great find. It was not often that one such as herself came upon such valuable treasure, and so the girl believed that she had made a very valuable find this day. Yes, Aana believed that she had indeed found a valuable treasure that she could show off to her friends as well as her brothers and sisters from the orphanage where she lived at in a poor village known as Tox. Glancing about the area again, the Lycan girl came to understand that the powerful storm that had pummeled the region last night had probably exposed the coffer from its earthly grave.

"Well," Aana said as she pocketed the stone without giving the matter much more thought. "You belong to me now. How you happened to be there doesn't matter now. You’re mine, for I found you."

Returning a few paces back to retrieve her fishing pole and satchel, she was oblivious to the fact that having touched that stone had been a terrible and fatal mistake.

The spirit trapped within the stone felt the force of life, an energy that the being had longed to feel for so long. The time to be free had come, and how the spirit rejoiced within the stone.

Tox Village, Broah, Era 1606​

After she had successfully gone to fish at the lake and returned back to her home village with a handsome catch for the day, Aana decided that it would be for the best not to show the stone nor the coffer to anyone, not even her adoptive mother, whom she thought would probably take them away from her after asking so many questions about how it was that she had come to find them. If the stone was valuable, perhaps she could gain much from selling it to a trader when the caravans made their weekly trip through the area. The coffer, too, she believed, had some great value due to all the gems on it. If that turned out to be the case, she would then surprise the matron she called mother, and also her brothers and sisters by buying lots of merchandise and give it to them as presents.

Those became the girl’s plans, but a few days after she had found the stone, things took a nasty turn. Aana began hearing eerie whispers in her mind. The whispers went on for a couple of days, bothering her, scaring her. But not only that, Aana had been having vivid nightmares as well during the night, too vivid, in fact, that she had found herself on the same location several times. She had seen what seemed to be a large temple or something, and disturbing and gory scenes as well, and a huge creature that she had never seen. She had awoken with her heart thumping her chest wildly and with her arms and face all sweaty several times. The voice that she heard within her mind had a rough and tough tone to it, scary beyond imagination, wicked even, just like those nightmares. The voice had been obligating her to do something that she did not want to. The forty five year old Lycan fought hard against its wishes as hard as anyone could have, but Aana, who was just a young Lycan, had been no match for the voice's willpower in the end. The voice had been telling her to smash the stone on the ground, but Aana, being the poor Lycan that she was, had not wanted to do it merely because she'd had plans to sell it and make a good profit and maybe give herself and those she called loved ones gifts and a better life for a while. In fact, if she sold the stone and coffer for a hefty price, maybe she’d have more than enough that they all could leave this land that they called a home and make it to the central realm of Hyrule, where rumors said there was more opportunity to strike it rich than old Broah. Though Aana had never set foot in that realm, it was well known that the remains of Hyrule, which once had been a mighty realm, were just a group of small islands, but with beautiful sights worthy of being seen. If not Hyrule, then maybe perhaps they could go to Tri Realm, a large piece of land to the north of Hyrule that was home to other unknown species to her. She only knew those by name: the famous Dragir, the kind Fairies, and the beautiful Selkies. Aana had believed that those places must have beautiful sights as well. And it was not that her home realm of Broah did not offer precious sights for her to see, it did, and Aana had seen many of them, but Aana wanted to see the rest of the world too. She wanted to meet different people and even creatures from the other races that were said to be residing amongst them in the world. Laying eyes on an Elf, a Fairy, a Mermaid, a Siren, or perhaps an exotic Dragir or a Selkie, was a dream that Aana wanted to realize. And not just her, she had believed, but many other folks who had never seen such creatures had that same dream as well.

And so truly coveting that, truly wanting to do all that, Aana had opposed the voice's wishes for several days, and in the process she had refrained from letting anyone else from the entire village know of what was going on. She did well to keep the stone and the matter hidden from everyone else, but she knew she could not hide the matter for ever. As she went through her daily routine on that new sunny day, which was a Friday to be exact, Aana acted normally and carried on with life, though she was very troubled within. What was worse, her troubles were starting to reflect on her own semblance. Over the past days she had lost much sleep, her puffy, darkened eyes now showed that, and her light tan skin seemed a bit paler than usual. All that, her adoptive mother, Varinka Engelhart by name, noted and remarked it to her that morning as they were having breakfast. Aana just told her that she was fine, that she had been losing sleep lately but nothing more.

“Are you sure, dear?” asked Varinka. The Lycan woman was well-built, stood three inches shy of six feet, and had pale skin and long, blond hair to go with a pretty face despite her two hundred and four years of life. Twelve years ago Varinka had been a notorious knight in the Broahn army, but she had quit that line of work after an incident with a fellow Lycan had gone bad for her. In time, she went back north to Tox village, the village where she had been born. Soon after, she had taken a liking to caring for orphans, and thus she had dedicated her life to taking care of seven unfortunate children; five females and two males. That morning, Varinka’s mature voice was truly filled with concern for her daughter, and Aana understood it well.

"I'm fine," Aana insisted, but Varinka would not be easily fooled.

“No, you look terrible, Aana,” Varinka said. “What is going on with you?”

“You worry too much over nothing, Mother,” Aana told her from her place at the table. Furthermore, before Varinka could reply to that, the lass had been quick to abandon the table, grabbed her fishing tools, left the orphanage and the village altogether that morning and had gone to the lake, hoping to forget about things and just have a fine day.

As she sat fishing on a wooden dock that had been built close to the lake-bank ignoring the presence of other fisherman and fisherwoman from the village, Aana knew that the trouble she had been having with the voice had broaden concern within her and also other people, such as the woman she called mother. Aana had always believed that she was a strong girl, despite some of the villagers and friends having told her once that she was fragile-looking and soft when it came to her feelings. Her own brothers and sisters had frown at her when she’d told them back in the day that she would one day become a famous knight of Broah, just like Varinka had been. Aana scowled at the thought that she was weak as she reeled in another catch, a twelve-foot catfish that would make a good dinner plate for her or someone else from her family that night. Aana believed in herself that she was strong, believed that she could resist the voice for the upcoming two days. Then she would gladly sell the stone to a trader on Sunday and be done with all this.

That night, and the following day, knowing of the girl’s intention, the voice within the stone continued to assail her, now more urgent than ever. Suddenly, Aana, who’d been cutting wood behind the orphanage, broke down in silent tears, unable to take the pressure much longer. She forgot about wanting to make a profit with the stone and just thought about going to Beksoth’s Eye and cast the stone into the lake, for she understood that she had gotten her hands on something truly evil. Somehow the being trapped within the stone perceived her change of thoughts, and so it began to assault the girl with even greater threats.

Aana fought hard against the voice, against the foe trapped within the stone, but the adversary would not be denied, it won the battle in the end.

Aana did as it ordered her to, mainly because the voice had promised her and her family a gruesome death if she did not do as told.

Forget about wanting to be rid of me, the voice had told her telepathically. It’s too late to be doing that, little girl. No, you will not throw the stone into the lake, for if you do so, I will surely find you and I will make sure that you suffer a slow and painful death, as well as your loved ones. Release me! Break the stone against the ground and I will spare you that grim fate!

Aana, too frightened, viewed the voice’s last words as an exit, as an escape to the nightmare that she had gotten herself involved in.

On that early Sunday morning, as the sun lit the day with its early warmth and the wind blew lightly, Aana left the village under the guise that she was going fishing. She sought a lonely place within a close-by forest east of Tox village where no one could interrupt her in what she was about to do.

Once there, the Lycan brought the beautiful stone out and stared at it for a long while, the girl thinking about what could have been and wondering whether she was doing the right thing or not by doing as the voice within the stone wanted her to. Perceiving the girl’s hesitation, the voice reminded her of the warning, of the death she would suffer if she did not obey.

Release me! Do it now or I will surely do as I’ve told you.

And so the scared girl had no choice but to smash the stone hard against the ground a few seconds later; after all, the voice had promised to spare her. With the stone shattered to pieces, the evil spirit that had been imprisoned within the stone, the spirit of a Gerudo male who long ago had split his soul into five fragments, was free again from his long imprisonment.

The wind quickly picked up around Aana, and the sky above darkened, with the clouds moving along rapidly. The day had turned from sunny and pleasurable to an eerie night-like ambient that scared Aana to the core as she witnessed the changes. Elsewhere, those living their lives in Broah, Gelvassen, and Shair, also were witnesses to the sudden change, and most of them became confused, some felt a weird, unexplained fear within. What had just occured? Varinka, who had been outside, had gathered her orphans and had told them to get inside. She had been in too much awe and wonderment of the abrupt changes to remember about Aana, and so she never came to imagine that she could be out there in trouble.

Leaves that had fallen from the trees were quickly picked up by the wind and some of those pelted Aana's face and body, forcing her to close her eyes. Aana’s own fright made her fall on her butt as she had began to retreat, but she was quick to stand up. She did not run, though, for she was too interested of what was going on around her. Unbeknownst to her, this act, this panoramic change was caused by the magic that had spilled out of that stone when it had broken.

The wind suddenly died, the dust began to settle, and the leaves came falling down slowly from the sky once again, but the darkness all around remained. Suddenly, from the ground there rose a nearly invisible gaseous essence, which Aana saw clearly with bulging eyes. The girl suddenly perceived an evil sensation all around her as the gaseous essence surrounded her. Suddenly, Aana was scared as never before when in front of her she saw a pair of enormous eyes staring directly at her. Traumatized and scared as she already was, Aana had not known what to do then, but she suddenly screamed and ran for her life when reality had finally sunk in that she had done something stupid and careless. As she ran away through that dark forest as fast as she could, she shivered badly when she heard the wickedest laugh that she had ever heard coming behind her. "Huar-huar-huar-huar-huar!"

In her fear, Aana tripped with a fallen branch and fell to the ground, her face hitting the floor hard and causing her to bleed from both her mouth and nose. She also scraped her arms and even her chin, but she got up almost immediately and continued running away. She perceived that whatever had been sealed inside the stone was coming after her.

And she was right, for the gaseous essence had fused itself with the leaves and other floating debris and had transformed into a nightmarish-looking monster. No, it was not a monster, but a broad-bodied being that was thrice Aana’s height. Knowing he was free from the stone, the leafed-bodied Ganondorf grinned in satisfaction and flew after the girl for a while, enjoying the chase, enjoying scaring the wits out of her. He knew she was definitely a Lycan, a member of the slaves to his own race back in the past, and so more the enjoyment for him.

The leafed being finally rammed into the girl’s back, forcing her to fall down to the ground. Aana screamed and flipped over in order to be facing upwards. The nightmarish creature was floating right above her, and she shrieked as she used her arms as a shield, thinking that the thing, whatever it was, would come pressing down on her. But Ganondorf did not. He just remained hovering and observing the frightened girl. More than being interested in her, the dark lord's thoughts were reflecting on the past. He had been cheated last time he had been alive in this world. King Daphnes Nohansen had stolen his wish. The leafed Ganondorf's mouth suddenly curled into an evil smile. The time for payback, it seemed, had come too soon. It would begin with this stupid Lycan. Ganondorf was about to swoop down and steal the very life essence from the girl, but before he moved an inch, there suddenly came an abrupt call in his mind.

Don't harm the girl, Ganondorf. Spare her and make your way here.

You! The spirit of Ganondorf replied telepathically. What do you want?

The dark lord was angry after having recognized the voice that had intruded his mind.

I want to help you get what you want, came the reply in his head, which sounded more like a teasing purr.

You abandoned me ages ago. I have no desire to even speak with you. Be gone from my mind, foul goddess.

The voice in his mind replied: And if I do that, you will remain as the mocking fool of the gods? You will remain ever alone in your quest to obtain power and fulfill your dream...that is, until you run out of stones? You only have but two left, Ganondorf.

The dark lord was shocked to hear that. How do you know that I...

I gave you the power you possess, so of course I know all about you, replied the voice of the goddess. You thought no one would know of your secret plan to hide your precious stones? Well let me remind you that the eyes of Umbria are many. I possess critical information concerning your precious stones that you surely would want to hear. Too bad you don't want to play with me....

The words of the goddess had alerted Ganondorf. She had said that she possessed critical information about his crafted stones. Were they in peril of being destroyed or something? Did Umbria know where he had hid the others?

You abandoned me! Ganondorf accused in anger, his eyes still on the inoffensive Lycan girl, who remained below him, too scared to move. You did not grace me with your help when most I needed you...because of you my people were nearly destroyed, wiped out by those celestial guardians!

Well, and why did I do that, silly mortal? You failed to deliver the accorded payment to our deal back then. After all I gave you, you simply betrayed me and went your own way. You went as far as to split your soul in secret in order to become like me, like my kin, and end up not paying what you owed. Your pure soul belonged to me, and yet you split it just to avoid giving it to me. That's why I abandoned you and your pathetic army. You should be glad that I've allowed you to live up until now, but you know that I rightfully could have gone after you and take back what rightfully belongs to me. And yet I didn't, nor do I plan to, for even as unworthy as you are, you're still just a tool to my eyes.

You can no longer have my soul, Ganondorf replied. I beat you by splitting it in many fragments many years back. You know what will happen once the last of my stones is destroyed, or when I finally am defeated. No soul for you, Goddess. I have won in the end, and if leave this world I must, there will be no regrets. And...I never was your tool. I was merely gaining for myself, was even smart enough to understand the forbidden magics that you said I'd never be able to grasp.

You weren't that smart, for I merely gave you meager powers...to you...who still after all this time continues being nothing but a poor, miserable mortal.

I was smart enough to fool and use you! Ganondorf was hurt. Anyway...our talk is over. Leave me alone.

The time of my imprisonment is almost up, the goddess reminded him of something he already knew too well but had not really interested him in the least. Unlike my brother Demise, I will soon be leaving this dark prison of mine and will be free.

Ganondorf considered the words stoically.

You still have five years to go, Umbria, Ganondorf’s reply sounded cocky. By that time many things can happen. I could even finish my work and become a god like you and all your kin.

Or, if you don’t stop the girl, she’ll be the end of you, idiot. She’s after them, you know? Your precious stones! She seeks to destroy them!

Who is? Tell me! Which girl?!

All of a sudden, the leafed Ganondorf saw that the Lycan girl had finally decided to go for it, to attempt to get up and run away. He let her, but he brought her down once again after she had run for about twenty feet.

“Stay put, you,” Ganondorf told her using a tough, scary tone. “Or I will definitely kill you.”

Aana never doubted that the monster, whatever it was, wouldn’t do that. She remained on the ground in her cowered state, wishing that the creature did not hurt her.

See, Ganondorf? You're still weak. You depend so much on others. I will tell you, but you must renew your vow to me, the goddess’s voice came to Ganondorf once again. By doing so, you will be taking care of a little favor for me as well. Only then will I be able to forgive your insolence, Fool.

Consider it done, Ganondorf’s reply had sounded desperate to the goddess back in her place of residence. The news that the goddess had given him had really unnerved him. But what is it exactly that you want me to do?

Hylia’s sword was found five years ago by some injudicious Selkie.

What? Truly? One of those ugly sealfolk pests found the god-slaying weapon?

Yes, the goddess revealed, chuckling at Ganondorf's funny words to describe the Selkie. He had not changed one bit since the first day that she had met him, his hate for the other races still remained. Get the blade for me and I will forgive your insolence. We would be even then, you not owing anything to me, our contract would become void.

It was an offer that no one could refuse, not even him.

Consider this task done.

You have to come down here and convince me that you've repented and accept me as your principal. So do it now! You know that my patience has a limit, Ganondorf...and besides, you don’t want to be late in getting here to hear the news, lest you want that girl to find and destroy your precious stones. I will be waiting for you.

The spirit of Ganondorf did not like that. He knew that he was in trouble. If something happened to his remaining stones, he could very well be living his very last era on earth this time. When his life ended this time, there would be no more hope to finish his work.

Feeling pressured to take leave, Ganondorf regarded the Lycan girl with hateful eyes.

"You released me!" Aana clearly heard the same wicked voice that she had been hearing all those days. "I, Master Ganondorf, Lord of the Gerudo, will spare your miserable life because of that, Slave. But make no mistake...your world will soon be enveloped in darkness. Huar-Huar-Huar-Huar!"

Just then, to Aana’s horror, the leafed monster, who knew that he had important things to do, came crashing down upon her as it continued to laugh wickedly. Aana screamed in horror, her heart nearly coming to a stop, but all that the Lycan girl felt was the leaves hitting her body and nothing else.

She remained lying there, cringed, trembling badly, and with her arms covering her head, leaves on her body and lying all around her. Aana was too scared to move. When finally she composed herself and noticed with large, demented-like eyes that all was calm around her, the Lycan girl suddenly felt very weak, and she could not get up, not even after trying, for her arms and legs felt tender, too weak to sustain her. The Lycan’s sudden weakness was due to the spirit having made contact with her flesh and bone body when it had swooshed down upon her. Aana, after the horror that she had experienced that day, would not be the same again. The last thing that she saw that day before her weak, enlarged eyes closed was the darkened, eerie sky above.

*End of Intro*

Last edited by a moderator:

Magatha

Magatha
Ooh! Interesting and just a touch creepy. Great intro to the world and the big villain!
And Selkies! Yay! I laughed at Ganondorf calling them ugly sealfolk pests. You know, I'm impressed that you just learned about them a couple days ago and now they appear to be pretty significant to the story. :D

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Ooh! Interesting and just a touch creepy. Great intro to the world and the big villain!
And Selkies! Yay! I laughed at Ganondorf calling them ugly sealfolk pests. You know, I'm impressed that you just learned about them a couple days ago and now they appear to be pretty significant to the story. :D

Lol, yeah that meanie Ganny. :P He only sees his own kin as the best. And Selkies! :) Yeah, I just went with that idea, thought it was pretty cool. ^^

Anyway, here's chapter 1.

Chapter 1: The Deal

A few Hours Later

He was still incomplete in his current spirit state, so Ganondorf knew that he had to find a suitable body to invade so he could return completely to what was his normal mortal form, a form that long ago he also had corrupted and molded to his liking. In that spirit state he had power, but not as much compared to what he could do if he was in his mortal form.

It took Ganondorf several hours to make it to Nadir, the main name of the dark world found underneath the earth's soil where evil beings resided, but he got there just as six hours needed to pass before the morrow came for part of the world above.

An assortment of vile creatures just watched him go by and did not molest him, for their queen had ordered that Ganondorf be not delayed. Because her evil-inclined servants tended to disobey her orders at times, Queen Umbria had added that anyone who would harass him would suffer the pain of death. And so Ganondorf made it to the throne room of Umbria's small Keep safe and sound, even though many of those creatures had wanted to attack him merely for having betrayed their queen long ago.

Ganondorf did not mind the huge creatures keeping guard in this room. In his leafed version he was big as he was in his human form, (clost to seven feet) but these creatures were monstrous, almost twice his height and stronger. These creatures were known to him as devil-ogres. They were the elite of the elite in Nadir, but they paled in power to their beloved queen, who was a deity and not a mere creation of her own hand like they were. The devil-ogres were dark-green skinned, had erect horns on their heads and only one eye in the center. There were four of them stationed at the opened door holding spears and axes, and two greater in form and height just beside the throne keeping their queen secure with the long bardiches that they held.

"Your late!" Umbria snapped from her throne, but she felt glad that Ganondorf had indeed attended her call, though she snickered at the way he currently looked.

Umbria was an evil deity, but she was beautiful. The goddess had a thin, round face with slanted, dark eyes. Her hair was very long, sort of messy looking, and of a white color, much like the color of the snow that fell on the upper realm during the cold season. Her skin was pale and looked suave. A black, silky, dress covered her body from the torso to the knees, from there on a pair of dark boots took over. She wore a silver diadem on her forehead and wore other types of jewels on her arms and slender neck.

"Your realm lies deep," Ganondorf cried in protest. "What matters is that I am here. Now, you were saying about a girl?"

Umbria chuckled and just remained staring at Ganondorf's leaf form with a wide smile displaying on her beautiful face. She could easily tell that he was on edge and wanting to take action.

"Relax, Ganondorf," she calmed him down. "Your dang stones are safe for now. But make no mistake, that girl I speak of has been after them for a while now."

Ganondorf growled, "What girl?"

"I will tell you after I get what I want," Umbria said, leaning forward from her throne. She pointed at Ganondorf with her right hand and her index finger and added, "You bring me Hylia's weapon and you will have your information."

Ganondorf growled dangerously, his eyes gleaming with so much evil, and he even took a step forward. "I must know who this girl is. You can trust that I will take care of that task for you..."

"Oh...I can trust you?" Umbria relaxed back in her throne. And she laughed in sarcasm. "Like I trusted you back then, huh?"

The leafed Ganondorf shook his head in frustration. "You made me come here for nothing, then?!"

"Oh, should I feel threatened?" Umbria laughed, making Ganondorf angrier. The guards noticed his nasty look, and so they stared at him with serious looks and even pointed their nasty weapons at him in a gesture that told him that he better relax before he got something coming to him.

"Tell your puppets to relax," Ganondorf cried in anger, defying the monsters. "I did not come here looking for a fight, but to barter with you."

Umbria left her relaxing position and calmed her guards down by telling them that it was alright.

"What assurance do I have that once I give you this information you will not leave and forget about my payment? I am not making another mistake, Ganondorf! Now like I said, relax, your stones are safe. This girl I speak of has no idea where they are, but she's been searching for them. It's only a matter of time before she finds links that will take her to them."

"Nghhhhhrrr," Ganondorf felt terrible after having heard the word links. "Just how is it that she came to know of them in the first place?"

Umbria looked away innocently, "Oops," she chuckled, covering her mouth with her right hand. "I might have had something to do with that."

"What?!" Ganondorf balled his leafy fists in disgust and anger.

"For not giving me my payment, Fool," Umbria looked at him. "You know you deserve it. I reached out to the world above and let the rumor about your stones spread. You know the power I possess, Ganondorf. You know that even though I am sealed down here, my tenticles reach far, my resources are nearly unlimited."

"Fine, let's leave that behind. I probably deserve that anyway. But...I will get you your cousin's sword if that's the only way you will tell me who the girl is. Tell me the details I must know."

"There now," purred Umbria. "We're getting somewhere."

"I'm listening," Ganondorf reminded.

"The Selkie who possesses the sword resides in Windfall Island at the moment. You know how those creatures have the ability to transform to resemble a mere Hylian."

"Aye, I do. Damn pests just pollute the ocean with their presence..."

"She's working for some guy named Senza," Umbria went on. "He's a blacksmith and also fixes ships. He taught her all about the profession and she has her own shop back in Tri-Realm. Lately she's been wanting to find a merchant to sell the blade, but not just any merchant. The girl is not stupid, despite what you may think, she knows which merchants pay the most..."

"Them," Ganondorf snarled, knowing clearly what Umbria was hinting at. "Those ancient guardian fools. The Dragir!"

"Yes, the Dragir," Umbria nodded. "Their land is rich with elements, gold, silver, and rupee stones. The girl has made sweet deals with them in the past, that is why she favors them. Anyway, she's been waiting for an opportunity to head north and take care of business, but her bad luck has favored us, for no crew has intentions of sailing north anytime soon. You know how dangerous those waters are, you sailed them yourself many times."

"Only the best sailors have a chance at getting through," Ganondorf agreed with her. "Then again, they often end up at the bottom of the sea with crew and ship."

"Nasty business," Umbria nodded. "And the Selkie won't try her luck swimming all the way there. Too many dangers lie within the sea, that's why she's decided to head back on a ship, the way she made it to Hyrule. You have it easy, just go and take care of business."

"I must be my own self before I go there," Ganondorf replied to that. "Too risky going like this. I need my full power."

"My servants are at your disposition," offered Umbria. "Pick any of these elite guards and take his body as your own."

The guards shivered, and they turned to regard their goddess with mercy-filled eyes.

"Ha!" Ganondorf ridiculed and looked at the scared guards. "No, as good as the offer sounds I will decline. I will find a worthy body up there, probably one of my own kin."

Umbria knew just how much Ganondorf loved his Gerudo kin, he'd have it no other way.

"Remember, the sooner you bring me Hylia's blade the sooner you'll get your information."

"You've told me all I needed to know," Ganondorf said and even bowed to the deity. "I will return soon, I promise."

"Then you accept the deal?"

"My dear Umbria...I accepted it the moment you revealed someone was after my stones."

"I knew you would," smiled Umbria. "Now go get that blade."

"Har-Har-Har-Har," Ganondorf laughed wildly. "As you wish..."

*End of C1*

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Sorry for the delay of chapter 2. I was very busy these past days. But here is the chapter and a map. :) The map sux, but at least you won't be all that disoriented. :lol:

Map:
Mapa_zpsee3b21c5.png

Chapter 2: Getting No Help

Hours Later in the realm of Hyrule

“Oh, come on, Brother,” Aryll pled as she followed the king of Hyrule through the castle’s main cool-felt hall. “This is very important to me. You must let me borrow one of your ships or boats before you and your family set out for Dragon Roost Island.”

“I said no, Aryll,” King Link continued walking, and he felt bad within at his own abjuration to help his sister. The young hero Link, who had once defeated evil, had grown and matured quite a bit, but he continued to be lean and handsome, but with a small, blonde goatee adorning his chin, which he often was seen caressing. As the king of Hyrule, he had to dress in elegant outfits with a fine light armor plate covering his torso, and a golden crown on his head. And so that day he was dressed in fine clothing, wore his crown, and a silvered chest plate that meant to protect his life most of all. The young king also carried his beautiful Master Sword in a silvery scabbard at his left hip. Link was now married to Zelda, the woman who had come in to his life long ago when he had been but a twelve year old. At her side he had lived several adventures, but now they were living one that demanded more from them, for they were the King and Queen of Hyrule; their duties were many.

“You know I have no other means of leaving,” Aryll reminded him. “My ship is still getting fixed at Windfall. And knowing how slow Senza is, it won’t be fixed anytime soon, not even with the help he’s got. I must get to the Rito Shrine pronto.”

Link regarded his sister with a stern look. “Well word has it that you brought that ship in pretty rough shape, Sis. You lost two of your crewmen out there trying to sail the north seas. Why are you in such a hurry to go back out there, anyway? What’s to the north that you badly want to see? There’s nothing but death out there.”

At that, Aryll stopped cold on her tracks, and so did Link. They regarded each other in silence for a while. Link admired the beauty that his sister had grown to be. She was still shorter than him at five-six, and though she was now a 23-year old woman, her face often showed a reflection of the beautiful, kind girl she had been. Her hair was short now, bobbed, and Aryll wore a dark-colored captain’s hat on her head, for she was the captain of her own ship and crew. She dressed mostly as her sailing teacher had dressed in the past. Just like Queen Zelda had dressed in long, baggy shorts, a blue blouse and a handkerchief tied around her neck back when she had been known as Tetra, Aryll continued that trend, but her blouse was blue and her shorts black. The handkerchief was white.

“I have my reasons,” Aryll merely told him. “Just like you had your adventures back in the day, I too, am having my own now.”

“But you’re literally going against danger! Zuko tells me you’ve been sailing all over the place, not to mention that rumors say you’re looking for something...”

“Zuko tells many things,” Aryll said right away. “After all, isn’t that what he chose to become: an intelligence gatherer for you?”

“A spy, yes,” Link agreed with a wink. “But a good one. He only keeps an eye out for troubling rumors and whatnot that could harm our realm.”

“And he keeps an eye out on me,” Aryll accused. “He keeps an eye on what I do, on your orders!”

Link laughed innocently and caressed his goatee. “So I had him follow you around for a while...”

“Well he’s got nothing on me, I’ll have you know.”

“Yeah, yeah, the poor guy has lost sight of you too often and too easily, and he admits that to me. But what do you say about the rumors that are spoken by other folk? About you visiting old dungeons and whatnot? Some rumors say you found a book back in the Realm of the Ocean King—an old tome, to be precise.”

Aryll just looked at Link in an impassive way, and he just continued caressing that goatee of his, but when Aryll did not reply, he raised his eyebrows curiously.

“They’re just rumors," Aryll cried. "If I happen to be looking for something, that’s my problem.”

Aryll could not believe that her presence and action in the Realm of the Ocean King, a realm to the east of Hyrule that Link had discovered fifteen years ago, had given much to talk about. Word had already reached Hyrule about her actions over there, it seemed. Had Niko followed her all the way over there, then? Or had someone else from that realm brought the rumors here? If so, who? Had it been Linebeck? He was good friends with her brother.

Link thought that his sister was keeping something hidden from him, something that she did not want to speak of. He remained staring at her as she had remained very thoughtful before him, the king trying to look into her mind with his eyes and find out just what she was thinking. Too bad he could not tell what it was.

“So,” Aryll asked again, this time more nicely. “Will you help me out by providing a boat or a ship for me and my crew, Brother?”

Link thought on that question for a while before answering. He really wanted to learn why Aryll was so desperate to head north.

“You nearly lost your life out there,” Link said, again very serious. “I’m glad that you and most of your crew made it back, but don’t pressure me into something that I do not want to be a part of, Aryll. You know that I would help you out anytime, and gladly, for you are my loving sister. However, I won’t help you out if you’re exposing yourself to danger out there beyond the Rito Shrine. I just don’t want to feel guilty, you know? What if something were to happen to you? It would all be my fault for helping you! What would I tell grandma? So see? I don’t want anything bad to happen to you, Sis.”

He cared, she knew. He continued to care for her and Grandma Matilda just as he had always done. Aryll closed her eyes and lowered her head. It had been a mistake having come here asking her caring brother to help her out; he would never endanger her so.

“Stay here,” Link offered when he saw the sadness and disappointment in his sister’s face. “The castle is big enough to host you. Grandma misses you, and my family and I have missed you as well. Besides, we could use a baby sitter now a days.”

“You worry too much for me,” Aryll said. “And I understand that you all miss me, My King, but that’s the life I chose to live. I'm an adventurer!”

Link rolled his eyes. “Aryll, I am just your brother,” he reminded her. “Call me Link.”

“Fine...Link.”

“That’s how I like it,” Link winked at her. “Now come, let us go to the garden. I need a breath of fresh air, so I will think about the matter out there.”

Aryll held on to hopes within her after he said that. She truly hoped that her brother would let her use one of his ships or boats because she urgently needed to head north.

The two went out of the small castle and to the main garden. The white-stoned castle in which Link, his wife, his young toddler, and a handful of servants and soldiers resided was not huge. It had four levels, counting a subterranean floor. The castle had been erected on Outset Island, the home of Link and Aryll. It had been created on the topmost part of the island where once there used to be a forest, so the view it afforded anyone to the surroundings and the ocean was magnificent.

Out in the garden they found Zelda playing tag with her eight year old daughter under a bright sun and a sky with little to no clouds.

Both mother and child were beautiful. As soon as they saw the pair of siblings approaching, they were quick to head their way, with Zelda moving her daughter along in front of her while she kept her hands clutched with her own.

“A beautiful day isn’t it?” asked the Queen of Hyrule with such joy. As always, she looked marvelous. She was dressed in one of her beautiful royal dresses. The dress was of a red and white color. She wore a small golden diadem on her forehead, which marked her as the Queen of Hyrule. Her daughter was dressed in a small dress of her own, of a blue and white color, and she, too, wore a tiara that marked her as a princess. She was pretty and had her mother’s gorgeous face and hair color. From her father Link she apparently had only inherited his dark eyes and quiet behavior, but she still had some growing to do, so her mother was curious to find out whether Gaepora had inherited her father’s courage or her mother’s adventurous heart.

“Yes it is, Your Highness,” Aryll said after a bow. "Quite good for sailing."

Link walked towards Zelda, kissed her on the right cheek, and then he leaned and kissed Gaepora the same way, and ended his action by standing behind her and putting his hands on her fragile-looking shoulders.

“So are we all ready to be leaving for Dragon Roost?” Link asked them, quite happy actually. “Weather is fine, so we’ll get there in a day or two if all goes well.”

Queen Zelda, who already had spoken to Aryll earlier, nodded at her husband, but she was curious to know whether Link had helped her out, and so she regarded him and then looked back at Aryll.

Link took the hint. “I don’t know what to do,” he explained. “Aryll, you know I’d support you. But this is just too risky. I have made a decision.”

“I am listening,” Aryll was waiting, though her bluish eyes were on Gaepora, who was staring at her curiously. Earlier they had played tag and other games before Aryll had gone to speak to her brother about her problem.

“I love you too damn much to be helping you just so you can go and attempt to do the impossible,” Link let out after a voluminous sigh. “Forget about the North Sea. Forget about wanting to sail through it. Not even I could do it two years ago. It’s too rough, too violent. You know this, but I don’t know why you persist in wanting to sail it.”

Aryll closed her eyes and stared aside. She wished that she could let them know all that she was doing, but she knew that she could not.

“Like I told you, Brother, this is what I chose to become: an explorer of the high seas. That sea is just a challenge waiting to be surmounted. I just know that there must be something beyond the raging seas, and if there is, I want me," she touched her chest with her right hand when she said that, "to be the discoverer.”

Link shook his head. “Many good sailors have died out there," he said. "They were trying to do what you are doing now: trying to cross those raging waters merely to find out whether there was anything out there. I’ve already told you many times to drop that silly dream, Aryll, for your own good. You barely survived last time, and only because Gonzo and his crew were, to you and your crew’s fortune, sailing close by.”

“That nasty storm played a huge role,” Aryll argued, and quite frankly, her words rang with truth. “That monstrous storm was something else. My crew and I had never seen such devastating force before. We did what we could, but the ocean just grew too violent.” She felt a little sad then, for she remembered the two young sailors that had perished under her service.

“Regardless, my answer is no, Sister. If you want to do it your own way, then do so, but don’t count with me for this. And that’s final. You can stay here as long as you want, for this is your home, too.”

Aryll swallowed sourly, and she knew that Queen Zelda and her daughter felt a little bad for her. Zelda even tried to tell Link to reconsider, but the King did not let her continue when he raised his left hand in a signal that he had heard and spoken enough about the matter.

“My dream is out there,” Aryll said, now a little calmer. After having witnessed the loss of those two sailors, she had sworn in silence that she would not let their deaths be in vain. For their loving memory, and for many others who had perished there, she promised to sail through the raging north ocean in order to reach a destination that the tome she had found had pointed out. “I can’t stay here," she added, more determined despite her brother having negated his help to her. "I will leave shortly after I say bye to Grandma. And thank you, Brother. I understand why you won't help me. It was good to see you all again.”

Link sighed and felt a little miserable when he saw her take her leave after a courteous bow to them. Queen Zelda, also saddened, wondered what Aryll would do.

*End of C2*

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Nice work, Gobli, I really liked the dynamic between Aryll and Link. I'll be looking forward to the next update.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thanks, readers. The story continues. :cool:

Chapter 3: Hopes Renewed

Aryll always felt sour and so sad when saying good bye to loved ones, especially when she had to deal with her grandma. She was the kindest woman in Aryll's eyes. Grandma Matilda had not only raised her and Link as kids, but she had also been the one who had spurred Aryll to become what she now was. So having said good bye to her yet again that day was devastating for Aryll, and she only unhugged her and kissed her forehead when she realized that she really had to go, for duty was calling her. Grandma of course felt crushed too, but over the years that she had already lived, she had a lot of experience and knew that Aryll would be back sometime. Matilda was now close to seventy years of age but had aged little in terms of appearance; she continued being the same strong old woman of old.

Aryll left the castle in tears. Down in the lower level of the island awaited some of her crewmen at the wooden docks. Because she did not want them to see her crying, she cleansed those tears and lighten up in spirit, also understanding that she would be back again someday...hopefully, if all went well. The doubt that had crossed through Aryll's mind was due to the fact that she was after something important, and something that involved a lot of danger: she was actually trying to find old stones that contained life fragments of Ganondorf, the dark being that her brother Link had defeated when she had been a kid. That evil man, or whatever he was, had held her captive for some time, along with several other girls near her age, one of which had become a sailor under her service.

Aryll made it to the docks. The small boat in which she and two of her companions had come to the island was ready to set sail.

"There she is," pointed out a tall handsome man who had black hair. A young girl who had very long dark hair that literally came inches away from touching the ground, was also happy to see her captain. They both came rushing to meet her.

"So," said the young woman. "Did you take care of business, Captain?"

The good-looking female sailor was dressed in black pants that reached past her knees, black sailor shoes over white socks, and a red and white striped blouse. The man at her side wore a white shirt with the sleeves cut off, tan pants, and brown boots.

Aryll showed them a sour face and shook her head.

"No, Starly," she lamented. "My brother cares too much for me to be helping me out just so I can put my life, and your lives, at risk. He did not let me borrow one of his ships."

"We could always just steal one from him," winked the brunette man, but he really had no intentions of doing what he had proposed.

"Naw, Henry," Aryll told him right away. "We'd just get ourselves in trouble and I don't have time to be playing at that. Let us...What the heck is that?"

The two crewmen turned to stare to the west, which was the direction that Aryll was staring at. And they saw what Aryll had laid eyes upon. In the distance there loomed a dark shadow on the waters.

"That's a ship," assured Henry, who had extremely good sight. "And a big one, too!" He even whistled. "Never had seen one that big!"

Aryll, who had quickly drawn her spyglass from a satchel that she carried strapped to her waist belt, agreed with his words. The ship was big! ((Twice the size of Tetra's ship))

"Good eye, Henry," she complimented. "That is indeed is a large ship..."

Henry smiled in satisfaction. The twenty year old wasn't a sailor for nothing. Henry had often worked as the Crow's Nest observer under his father's service back in the Realm of the Ocean King before getting recruited by Aryll, who really had charmed him with her beauty two years ago.

"Is it coming in this direction?" Starly wanted to know, a hand in salute-form near her forehead so she could see better. The lass had had her own spyglass, but she had lost it, along with other of her belongings, during the storm that had sunk the ship two weeks ago in the rough northern waters.

"It's a few hours away from reaching this point," Henry believed. "It could either be sailing toward the island or just passing by closely."

"Well heck," Aryll lowered the scope and put it back within the satchel. "We will wait here and see what's up with it. I'm really amazed just by the size of it."

The others were too, but they'd had in mind leaving back to Windfall soon. That was where the rest of the crew was waiting. To have to wait a few more hours surely made Starly and Henry feel desperate. But it was their captain who had given the order, so they had no choice but to obey her. And so they did. With Aryll at their side they waited as they sat at the docks. They even witnessed as King Link and his family rode out in their royal ship toward Dragon Roost Island.

And an hour later, the massive, three-mast ship made it close to the island. It was large, thick-wooded, of a dark color, and surely operated by a large crew, but the ship did not come all the way to the docks and the beach, it remained stationed out at sea where the waters were not shallow. Using her spyglass, Aryll was suddenly alarmed when she recognized one of the figures as this one had appeared amongst a crew of sailors that had been working to get a life boat ready to be lowered.

"Hey!" she stood up, feeling some joy after she had recognized the figure. "That's freaking Arius!"

"Who?" Henry and Starly shouted at the same time, the two of them also standing up.

"Ah, never mind that," Aryll told them. "You guys don't know him."

But Aryll surely did. That guy certainly owed Aryll many favors, and he had done just a tad few for Aryll as well, but he was a bit behind since Aryll had made so many favors for him. If their favors were counted, Aryll had made 12 for him, and Arius had only made 3 so far.

"What I am wondering is..." Aryll was speaking mostly to herself in her shock and curiosit. "How did he get his dirty hands on a ship that big?"

Henry and Starly just looked at each other, wondering what was going on with the Captain. Henry shrugged at Starly and they just turned their attention to the big ship, which had caused some commotion amongst the few residents of the island. Henry turned around and noticed that a group of them, including a few soldiers that kept the piece within the island, had gathered near Sturgeon's house. Starly also turned over her shoulder and saw them, but then her attention went back to the mighty-looking ship, which had really left everyone in awe.

Aryll ignored the commotion behind her. She was deep in thought wondering what she had asked herself moments ago. She did not know the answer to that, but Aryll's hopes were suddenly renewed, and she grinned when an idea came to mind. It was time that Captain Arius of Valkiz caught up with the favors.

*End of C3*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom