• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Legend of Inception: It's just the dream of a sleeping Princess

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
fakezeldawii.jpg

Don't take this too serious. But "Dreaming" is a common theme in The Legend of Zelda. The best example is Links Awakening. The whole events might be a dream. Yoshiaki Koizumi stated the game is a Hommage to Twin Peaks. The next game where dreaming is not that unimportant is Phantom Hourglass. Well, it seems like the events in Phantom Hourglass really happened. But, for romantics, the ending of the game leads to interesting interpretations. Also, in my opinion, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link is very surreal. And remember the total strange dream like world of Majoras Mask. In most of the Zelda games, you see a sleeping Link. So maybe this all is a dream in a dream. The dream of a little boy. I know this sounds very abstract. But imagine this is the big answer to the Timeline. Or imagine this is all the dream of the Sleeping Princess from The Adventure of Link. All previous Theories could prepare for a journey to to the hell of video gaming.

I've found a funny picture, posted by a user from Zelda Informer. It was this picture that gave me the inspiration to create this thread.

originalyt.jpg

Don't get me wrong. It's nearly impossible that such a dream theory would ever become real. But I like this topic about dreams in Movies and Video Games. Zelda is more surreal than the most games. So, please, feel free to tell me your opinion. Maybe you give up a vote at the poll, or write a comment and tell me how hilarious this Thread is ;)

Edit:

This Thread was meant vor voting. But the Forum don't like me and gave me an error message and created the Thread without a poll :(

So, who dreams?

1. A boy who likes Nintendo Games?

2. Link?

3. The Sleeping Zelda from The Adventure of Link?

4. Ganon?

5. The only one dreaming here is you, Unlucky Monkey.

Last edited:
I don't think that all Zelda games are ind reams in any more sense than the next fantasy base artwork.

Link is a link to the game world which is a fantasy world are therefore a dream world?

Regardless i believe there are certain times the Zelda series tries to question reality but then again that's a but to much metaphysics for my liking.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
It could be a dream, it could very well be a dream. Maybe the original sleeping Zelda's dream! BTW I love that picture..

INCEPTION IS THE WIN. I freaking love that movie!

If it was a dream, it would certainly solve all our timeline problems, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom