• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Halo: Adventures of Master Link

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Alright, in honor of the E3 "Halo 4" reveal yesterday, I decided to make this thread. Am I the only one who thinks that a Zelda and Halo crossover would be one of the coolest things ever? I saw a picture on deviantart.com that originally gave me this idea, and I think that it would be awesome. (The artist's name is fullmetalcartunist.) Master_Link_by_fullmetalcartunist.jpg I thought of some ideas for the game too.

Instead of Plasma Grenades, you have plasma boomerangs.
Instead of a clawshot or hookshot, you have a teleporter shot. It shoots a two way teleporter from where you are to wherever you point it too. It also leaves a teleporter where you were standing originally.
Instead of Iron Boots, you have gravity boots.
Instead of an Energy Sword, you have an "Energy Master." It is like a combo of the Master Sword and Energy Sword. Master Link always carries it around on his back as a weapon that he can always default to.

Those are just some small ideas. I don't really know how you could incorporate the Medieval with the Sci-fi, but if you could do it right, it would be pretty awesome! What do you guys here at Zelda Dungeon think, do you think that it would be cool to have these two franchises merge for a spin-off game? Remember, I'm not asking if you think it could ever happen, because I'm 99.9% sure that it won't. What are some ideas you guys would have for this crossover if you like the idea. Keep in mind that the ideas must have elements of both franchises, even if some parts of the ideas are mostly based off of one of the two franchises.

Dan

Oh yeah the legend of halo is clearly one of the greatest idea's ever.
I think they should make this game just to troll both die hard Zelda and halo fans ! XD

I would not like to see these two franchise combine. Zelda is categorized in the Action-Adventure genre with elements of medieval fantasy whereas Halo is an alien shooter. The two simply do not mix very well. Moreover, Zelda games usually require much thought and a hawk's eye for secrets in order to progress in not only dungeons but the overworld. Halo is progression through levels, from one checkpoint to the next trying to not get yourself killed. There is strategy involved as well, however, of a very different sort included in avoiding enemy fire and keeping your character alive. All this aside, the biggest impediment of course is that you're proposing to combine franchises from two rival videogame hardware and software companies. Sorry bud, that isn't going to happen; I prefer it that way.

Last edited:

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
I would not like to see these two franchise combine. Zelda is categorized in the Action-Adventure genre with elements of medieval fantasy whereas Halo is an alien shooter. The two simply do not mix very well. Moreover, Zelda games usually require much thought and a hawk's eye for secrets in order to progress in not only dungeons but the overoworld. Halo is progression through levels, from one checkpoint to the next trying to not get yourself killed. There is strategy involved as well, however, of a very different sort included in avoiding enemy fire and keeping your character alive. All this aside, the biggest impediment of course is that you're proposing to combine franchises from two rival videogame hardware and software companies. Sorry bud, that isn't going to happen; I prefer it that way.

I appreciate your response, but most of it isn't what I'm looking for. You did say that you wouldn't want these to cross, and this is what I'm looking for, but the rest of it isn't. I'm not looking for reasons why it wouldn't happen, because like I said, there is a 99.9% chance that it won't happen. If it did happen though, there would need to be some compromise.

DarkLink17

Well then
I've never played Halo myself ( I don't have a PS3 ) , but it sounds like a pretty cool idea. It may get some Non-Zelda but Halo fans more into the Zelda Series.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I've never played Halo myself ( I don't have a PS3 ) , but it sounds like a pretty cool idea. It may get some Non-Zelda but Halo fans more into the Zelda Series.

Halo is Xbox, not Playstation.

I don't really see a crossover like this ever working. They're completely different concepts. Totally different worlds.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah Bokoblins could be the new grunts with the Moblins being the Brutes. You could have Darknuts as hunters since you need to get them both from behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom