• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"The Hunger Games" Game!

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I have no idea if this is going to work or not xD
buuuut I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
For those who haven't read the Hunger Games, the plot follows as such:
Takes place in a future (like, waay future) North America. The country Panem is separated into 12 districts, each responsible for a particular trade. These districts are under the rule of the glamorous, rich, and powerful Capitol. Each year, each district sends two "tributes" (a boy and a girl between the ages of 12 and 18) to compete in a televised fight to the death in an arena known as the Hunger Games (as punishment for a rebellion that happened around 74 years ago in the book.) The tributes are mentored by a previous victor of the Games from their district, dressed up, and taught how to fight, before being set in the arena. It comes down to; last person alive wins.
So, I thought it would be interesting to have our own Hunger Games. If you want, you can create a tribute from a district, and I'll write about it, starting from the day their names are chosen. If you want, you can even write some of your tribute's scenes yourself. Eventually, the story will conclude with one victor, who will be glorified for the rest of their days. :3

* I should let you know that Bloodbath characters will be chosen at random. (Bloodbath: the battle at the very beginning of the game at a place called the Cornucopia, where a large amount of supplies and useful items can be found. Usually 8 or more tributes are killed here, fighting for supplies.

Tribute form here:

Biograpical Information

Name:

Age (12-18):

Birthday (optional):

District:

Physical Description

Height:

Hair details:

Skin tone:

Eye details:

Additional (face shape, scars, etc.):

Biography

History:

Special skills (relative to he/she's district):

Characteristics

DISlikes (please don't cop out and say "the Games")

Traits:

Strengths: (at the MOST-five)

Weaknesses (at LEAST three)

Personality:

Family/Friends:

Romantic Interest?:

PREFERRED weapon:

Capitol Persona

Reaping outfit:

Interview aspect:

Chariot outfit:

Additional:

The Games

Strategy:

Career?:

Open for allies?:

ANYTHING else?

Put here:

Fill this out, put it in a spoiler, and post it! We need 24 in all, and if we're short, I have a collection of OCs that I made just in case. ;p

The 12 districts are as follows:

1: Luxury items (richest district, also a Career district) *Career: alliance of Districts 1, 2, and 4, these tributes are usually brutal and volunteer for the Games. the majority of victors have been Careers.)
2: Masonry
3: Electronics
4: Fishing
5: Power
6: Transportation
7: Lumber
8: Fabrics/textiles
9: Grain
10: Livestock
11: Agriculture (FOOD)
12: Coal/mining. (poorest district.)

Happy Hunger Games! If you want something specific to happen to your character or need to go into extra detail, just PM me and I'll include it in the writing.

May the odds be ever in your favour...

EDIT: I have taken the liberty of creating my own character :P Female from District 4. (I guess it's kinda an example..)

Biograpical Information

Name: Melodie Winters

Age (12-18): 15

Birthday (optional): eeh... August 17th

District: 4

Physical Description: Very naturally slin, with thin arms/legs and a light, flexible body.

Height: 5'5''

Hair details: Long, twisted wavy tresses that have that "beachy wave windblown" look. Deep black colour with blue-ish undertones. Length about mid-back. Usually left down, in a natural wavy style or straightened, where it looks absolutely pin-straight and shiny. She normally wears it wavy, as she doesn't fuss with her hair.

Skin tone: Warm, tanned, mid-tone ivory.

Eye details: Wide and large with laugh lines around the corners. Deep forest green, flecked with hints of hazel and gold lines. Long, dark lashes.

Additional (face shape, scars, etc.): An oval face shape, with cupid's bow lips and a small, rounded chin. She has lots of freckles on her face and her cheeks are usually sun kissed and slightly red.

Biography

History: Born and raised in a relatively wealthy area of District 4, she grew up with a decent lifestyle, maybe not as glamourous or wealthy as you would have hoped, but a decent life all the same. She started working when she was young to earn money for the family, joining District 4's large fishing industry. While on breaks from the job, she eventually became a great swimmer.

Special skills (relative to he/she's district): Great with fishing, and an extremely strong swimmer, having taught herself to do it well at a young age. Because she had a job with fishing since she was young, she could identify several edible/safe fish and easily fashion a fishing rod to collect food. She also fairly adept with knives.

Characteristics: Strong, honest, optimistic, daring, selfless, imaginative, somewhat aloof, distant, dreamy, does what is right

1. Exploring, discovering new places,

2. Swimming, surfing, anything to do with water at all.

3. Writing, drawing, sketching, art

4. Music, especially songs with special emotional meanings, deeper things.

DISlikes (please don't cop out and say "the Games")

1. Loud, ignorant, greedy people (not a fan of the Captiol or District 1 lolol)

2. Large crowds, lots of people in general

3. Being away from the people she loves

4. Also, spiders. (arachnaphobe)

Traits:

Strengths: (at the MOST-five)

1. Excellent swimmer, could easily swim a kilometre, even with rough waves.

2. Thin, flexible, adept at dodging things, decent climber

3. Great fisher who can identify good fish and fashion a fishing rod out of almost anything.

4. Pretty clever, also good at masking emotion/telling lies (but she doesn't like to.)

Weaknesses (at LEAST three)

1. Gets wrapped up in her own thoughts, zones out easily and loses focus (has ADD)

2. Doesn't like violence, hates the idea of killing somebody, would rather not.

3. Isn't a great planner, has to take a minute to figure out what to do before she goes, if she doesn't have a plan, she improvises but panics

Personality: She a strong girl who comes off as aloof and distant to other people, but really, she is an imaginative, kind person once you get to know her, and if she really trusts you (although she doesn't trust a lot of people easily,) she will open up completely. She's a dreamer who wishes of a better life where she didn't have to work, often drawing and writing about places and other lands she could visit if she wasn't stuck in District 4. She always gives to others, putting their needs before others and even when she's upset, she stays positive and keeps a smile on her face. She's very resourceful and knows how to make a lot of out a little, knowledge coming from when she was little. She loves to swim and escape to the ocean, being alone and relaxing in the peace. Sometimes, she is a little unforgiving and can hold a grudge.

PREFERRED weapon: Small knife she could use to kill people quickly and efficiently.

Capitol Persona

She dislikes all the glamour and prefers to go au naturel, staying as modest as she can and trying not to show off. She hopes that her simplicity and quiet kindness will interest the people as a mysterious figure that people will want to understand.

Reaping outfit: Her favorite white blouse, simplistic, with a dark pair of blue jeans, faded and ripped a bit.

Interview aspect: Completely honest, a little reserved, lost in her own world as to not look like a threat, zoned out to Caesar's questions (although that may be her real ADD.) She is a little uncomfortable up there due to the large amount of people watching, she likes being alone. When she doesn't zone out, she answers questions calmly and sweetly, staying as optimistic as she can.

Chariot outfit: A beautiful, sleek aqua blue dress that dances and shimmers like the ocean itself. Strapless, and tight to show off her slim figure. A split starts and the bottom and grows larger and it moves up her leg, so you can see her left leg as the dress flows over it. The bottom is slightly ruffled with white sparkle, making the entire dress look like a wave. There are small shells braided in her hair, which is left long and flowing, as natural as possible.

Additional: She smiles as she rides the chariot, waving, but not hamming it up too much but not being completely devoid of emotions.

The Games

Strategy: She knows she can't fight the others, because of her small body and thin frame. So, she has to outsmart them. She plans to dash to the Cornicopia, grab any supplies she can, and disappear into hiding while the bloodbath continues. She hopes to find a brilliant hiding spot and remain there until it's over, keeping in hiding and safety throughout the games and avoiding fights. Flight over fight.

Career?: Being from 4, techinically, yes, but she doesn't want to ally with the brutal kids because she doesn't want to be forced to kill. She may pretend.

Open for allies?: No. If it comes down to it and say, someone saves her life, she may be able to trust them, but unless that happens, her trust is locked.

ANYTHING else?2

Put here: Her parents are both alive and loving, (names: Suzanne and Filius) but her best friend (Annika) was killed in an accident on the ocean when she was 12, leaving her shaken and shutting herself off from the world. She doesn't allow herself to open up to anyone easily anymore, afraid she'll lose them. She is also extremely emotional. She is in love with a boy from her district who used to be her best friend (his name is Jakob, blonde hair, green eyes, sweet and outgoing.) but stopped talking to him after the death of her other friend. He wondered what happened to his good friend. She swears, if she made it out of the Hunger Games alive, she would go and tell him her love (which he actually returns) Mentored by Finnick Odair, who she becomes good friends with, surprisingly.

Would prefer to not be a bloodbath character.

Last edited:
Name: Paul
District: 3
Height: 5'7
Hair Details: none
Skin tone: Light, but slightly tanned
Eye Details: Just brown
History: An only child with both parents living at home happily
Skills:Is good at wiring and programming, can make simple machines
1. Electronics
2. Sports
3. Running

Dislikes:

1. Work ( Like jobs, not chores)
2. Parties
3. Cheese

Strenghs:
1.(I know this sounds SO cliche, but I've always loved this) Archery
2. Stealth
3. Swimming
4. Weights?

Weaknesses:

1. Smells
2. Traps
3. Weaponless combat
4. Cooking meat

Personality:
Doesn't do too much with friends, engineers own machines, practices archery tends to not trust someone until they prove themselves.

Family/Friends: Parents and friend the same age
Romantic Interest: None
Preferred weapon: Bow of course
Capitol Persona; don't care, as long as it involves my token from my district: a blue baseball hat
Non Career, will take a single ally.
That's it. I hope you start soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom