• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hero of Time is No Hero

This is a theory Ive been bouncing around for a while. Eventually I got the chance to talk about it on my show with my buddy Fireally, so instead of a huge text wall i bring you this video. I hope you enjoy.

Let me know what tou think either here or in the videos comment section.

I have always said that the Hero of Time had the most controversial victory of all incarnations of Link.

He fails, Downfall of Hyrule due to Ganon having completed Triforce.

He wins, he gets sent back in time and the future he saved gets flooded due to there being no hero when Ganondorf returns.

In the timeline he gets sent back to, instead of just stopping Ganondorf like he originally planned, he starts a war that nearly wipes out an entire race.

In all cases, there is just no winning for this guy. There is a downside to every outcome of his quest.

At the very least, he can atone for these failures as the heroes shade, by passing the torch to his decendant.

This is very true. I feel like the final battle between Ganondorf and the Hero of Twilight had so much more meaning because of that fact. In the end, his death was not in vain I suppose.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
This is what I LOVE about OoT

You start out trying to save the world for no other reason than you've been told to... and you end up @#$%ing everything up :)

This is what I LOVE about OoT

You start out trying to save the world for no other reason than you've been told to... and you end up @#$%ing everything up :)

Hero of Twilight: I did it to save my friends...

Hero of Winds: I did it to save my sister...

Chosen Hero of the Goddess: I did it to save the girl I love...

Hero of Time: I did it because a tree told me to do it...

Hero of Twilight: I did it to save my friends...

Hero of Winds: I did it to save my sister...

Chosen Hero of the Goddess: I did it to save the girl I love...

Hero of Time: I did it because a tree told me to do it...
Ive seen that meme, couldnt stop laughing.

This is a theory Ive been bouncing around for a while. Eventually I got the chance to talk about it on my show with my buddy Fireally, so instead of a huge text wall i bring you this video. I hope you enjoy.

Let me know what tou think either here or in the videos comment section.

I always find it strange that the timeline where link is defeated seems to be the best off in 100 years after oot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom