• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art The Haunted Mansion

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
So this is it. The most poorly written haunting story you have ever heard of. My boredom is being cured though, so it has served its purpose. It was fun using the submitted characters, and I am gladly writing more entries to add to this.

Special Thanks to Archangel, Tatltails, DarkAssassinXer, and Mamono (not sure if that I spelled that correctly)

Two vehicles travelled down a dark road; one a small car and the other a motorcycle with a sidecar attached. In the latter, a leather jacketed lad complained, “I can’t see anything! Are we even going the right way?”

His companion, who was ridiculously scrunched up in the sidecar, looked at the map and said, “It’s the next right, Archie. I think. Maybe not?” The companion, who was called Doc, flipped the map back and forth, examining it at each angle. “Yes! We are. I was right!” he exclaimed.

Archie sighed over the wind as he peered at the street.

Further back, in the car, sat three other individuals. In the driver seat sat Rick, or as his friends knew him, Xer.

“Where is Archie leading us?” the passenger beside Xer said. “Doc said this place wasn’t too far out. What is it again?”

“Some mansion. Well, a cottage that is on the same property. Leray Mansion” Xer said, echoing what Doc told them a few days earlier. “Tatl, you sure you want to do this?”

The girl nodded. “Why not?”

“It could be creepy. There might be ghosts…” Xer mused.

Tatl laughed. “Yeah, sure. If ghosts exist. Xer, eyes on the road,” Tatl snapped.

In the back was Nathaniel. He listened intently on the two’s conversation while looking out the window and looking at the area. It was all woods as far as he could see, and was widely aware that the last car they passed was 40 miles the other way.

He had always been the black sheep of the five friends. Doc and Archie had known each other for years. And those two were good friends with Xer and Tatl both. Nate was content with that though. He didn’t mind all too much. He had only been friends with them all for a year.

“How you doing back there?” Xer called out, looking through the rear view mirror to see Nate.

“Fine,” he replied, before Tatl barked at Xer for taking his eyes off the road.

Back on the motorcycle, Archie cried out, “I see it! Let the others know,” he said to Doc. His friend in the sidecar waved back to the car behind and directed them to turn right, moments before Archie forced the motorcycle down a hidden street.

This road was even darker than the last, and the trees leaned in closer to the road. Many branches and sticks littered the street where they had fallen from forest. Amidst the grass, a groundhog poked its head out of its hiding hole to spy the approaching lights of a motorcycle. As the sight neared, the groundhog scurried off into the woods.

Archie rode up to two cobblestone pillars with a brass arch connecting them. On each pillar were lamps, glowing bright. “This is it.” Doc said, looking at the words spelt out by the metal arch. “Leray Mansion,” he read.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, I was laughing at my ashamedly accurate backseat-driving ways, but then I was hit with dying-groundhog feels. I sure as heck hope you're posting more of this, because it gon' be good.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
This started out so awesome, Doc, that I honestly did enjoy it. You have a such a good way to give feeling to your stories. :cool: But poor groundhog; why did it have to die? :cry: Ok, so lets put that dead thing aside for now, but I hope that hog doesn't come to play a small role later in the story, such as scaring the hell out of TatlTails' character by appearing as a ghost right behind her. :cool: And, well, the characters were well introduced, two right away, and then three a few paragraphs later. I really liked how they got to the place, but I am wondering what's gonna happen next. :P

So keep it up; please submit the next part ASAP, alright?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Due to reasons that I will not discuss, the opening chapter has been removed. The scene including the groundhog has been taken out, and a shortened/different version of the opening sequence will be added.

If anyone has any questions on what occurred involving the groundhog or wants to read this part of the chapter, PM and I'll explain/show it to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Hey, sorry for the long wait!

The mansion consisted of three buildings; the mansion, a cobblestone cottage, and a small shack. The area in between was a large field, cut in half by a stream. Beyond the property were dark woods for as far as the eye could see.

“Why are we staying in a cottage, when there is a gigantic mansion?” Archie asked.

“Something about some psycho killer murders there. The guys still somewhere out here, I think.”

“What!?” Archie exclaimed.

Doc laughed to himself. “Kidding,” he quickly explained. “But some archaeologists are digging up under there. My uncle is in charge of the dig.”

Archie smirked, used to his friend's behavior, as he rode the motorcycle to the front of the cottage. It was constructed of large stones cemented together, with a shackle roof and a metal chimney; the latter being a more recent renovation.

Doc hopped out of the sidecar and threw his hands out wide at it. “Isn’t it great!?”

“It’s not very large,” Tatl blurted out, stepping out of the car. And she was correct. The cottage consisted of three rooms downstairs (a living room, dining room, and kitchen) and four on the top (bedrooms and a bathroom).

Archie agreed with her. “Yeah. At least not big enough for five bedrooms.”

Doc turned around, with a mischievous and guilty grin on his face. “That’s ‘cause there aren’t,” he said bluntly. “There are three…”

“What do you mean there aren’t? You said there was enough room for us all!” Tatl snapped. Doc seized up, knowing Tatl would not take too kindly to his lies.

“Whoa, hear me out! I figured you wouldn’t want to come if you knew there wasn’t enough bedrooms. C’mon, this is supposed to be fun. Someone can sleep on the couch or something.”

Tatl glared daggers at him. “It isn’t going to be me, I’ll tell you that much.”

“I’ll sleep on the couch,” Xer spoke up. “Alright?”

“That’s only four places, we need a…”Archie’s voice trailed off as he saw a figure approaching the cottage. “Hello?” he called to it.

“It’s a ghost!” Doc joked.

The figure came into view of the light. It was not a ghost, but, in fact, a woman; a beautiful one at that. She had olive skin and chestnut brown hair, tied back into a pony tail. Her icy blue eyes pierced through the night. On her head, she wore a brown hat with a large “C” embroidered on it. Her brown button up shirt had the same logo on its heart.

“Hello!” she exclaimed cheerfully. “You are all here with Mr. Kite’s nephew, correct?”

Doc began to speak up before Archie shushed him. “Yes, we are,” he said with a charming smile. “I am Archie. And you?”

“Sigit,” the woman said.

Archie closed his eyes and acted as though that was the absolute perfect thing she could say. “Sigit? That is a lovely name.”

“It’s French. Anyways, Mr. Kite has given me orders to tell you to stay away from the mansion. We don’t want anyone getting hurt.” She paused before adding, “From the dig, of course.”

“Ah, we will be sure to do that. And if you need any heavy lifting done, I will be glad to help out,” Archie said.

Sigit looked him over warily. “I think we’ll be fine. Just remember to stay away from the mansion. It’d be best if you stay in the cottage only.”

“I’ll make sure they don’t go anywhere near there,” Archie told her.

Sigit nodded hesitantly. “Okay then. I need to go so…” she turned and walked off.

Archie watched her walk off, a smirk on his face. Tatl pushed past him, lugging a large bag. “You sure do know how to charm a girl,” she said with a smile. Archie quickly grabbed the bag from her arm and took it inside.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK, I really liked that! Wasn't sure why I'm kind of acting like a *****, but then I realized I would so say every word of that after a long car trip. Good job, bro. Can't wait for more mystery and horror/

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Cool, I didn't expect other peeps to be there. But hey, I am ok with it. I can see that my character is already hitting on Sigit. Nice name, btw. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom