• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes The Great Fairies of Zelda!

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
Hey guys! Lets discuss the great fairy!
Which fairy has the best design, and from what game overall?
The great fairies has had a special place in Zeldagames for years.... and they are not to be underestimated...
from the battling weapon she represents in hyrule warriors.... to her guardian role in twilight princess or the way she heals you and supports you in other games.....

In overall, which is your favorite great fairy? why?
And which is your favorite design?

My favorite is the Twilight princess Design.... tho I was quite bummed when they had made it so that she countly heal you like in other zeldagames... I liked how realistic they made her look... she truly did look like a fairy.. <3

latest

Wind Waker great fairies are my favourite. They look so surreal and alien, the one on Mother and Child Isles is freaky as hell, which is awesome.

The TP fairy was nice, she looked sweet, like something pulled out of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

The OoT fairies just look like street walkers.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Hey guys! Lets discuss the great fairy!
Which fairy has the best design, and from what game overall?
The great fairies has had a special place in Zeldagames for years.... and they are not to be underestimated...
from the battling weapon she represents in hyrule warriors.... to her guardian role in twilight princess or the way she heals you and supports you in other games.....

In overall, which is your favorite great fairy? why?
And which is your favorite design?

My favorite is the Twilight princess Design.... tho I was quite bummed when they had made it so that she countly heal you like in other zeldagames... I liked how realistic they made her look... she truly did look like a fairy.. <3

latest

The Wind Waker ones are my favourite. With their four arms they look like their designs were inspired by some Indian deities and they were just that bit more interesting looking than in other games.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The visual design of fairies throughout the Zelda series is remarkably diverse. From their traditional "winged woman" appearance in ALttP to their outlandish and decidedly un-fairylike look in OoT/MM to their otherworldly alien look in WW. Personally I think their appearance in Oot/MM is the most memorable because I think the fairies of that generation got the most exposure both in the games and in other games and media. They also certainly leave an impression (especially on young minds~).

Personally I think the TP Great Fairy is rather bland. Her face is kinda derpy and she seems to me to be more of like a wood nymph of sorts rather than a fairy (still a 'fey' in any case, I suppose). I do gotta give Ninty props for her titillating depiction.

I don't know if they count as "Great" Fairies but the fairies in Four Swords Adventures are freaking gorgeous. The traditional winged woman look infused with magic and visual flare. I don't remember much of FSA beyond the fairies looking pretty spectacular.

I understand why everyone hates the OoT ones (that laugh...) but I always really liked them. For me though it could be because I grew up with that game so I'm always impartial towards it? Not sure.

The WW ones were great too!

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I like the graceful appearance of the ALttP fairies it's what I picture fairies to be like

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
Whats with the Triforce heroes tag? there weren't any great fairies in that game...

The great fairies in Four Swords or the Minish Cap are my favorites as far as design goes.
That was an accidental tag on my behalf LOL
I didnt realise I chose the category when I did.. either that or I simply chose the wrong one out of the options I was going for... not quite sure how to fix it now tho... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom