• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Fact That There Might Not Be a Second Quest Might Be Good News.

We have been told that this game is going to be worth about 50 to 100 hours of gameplay. I have been assuming that this means that the main game and the second quest all end up to be around there higher range of that number. I also assumed that the second quest wasnt going to be that deep and maybe just a bit harder or maybe different clothes but not a master quest or anything. BUT. If there is no second quest, that just means that the main game is longer and i think we can get more out of it that way. So what many view as a negative I look upon as a positive.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Actually, I remember hearing that if there was a second quest, the 50-100 hours does not include that or the boss challenge mode. It only included the first quest (if there IS a second quest). Anyway, if the second quest really does exist, I would guess Nintendo really means that 50-100 h is for the first quest, since most games today last that long. (I've probably logges more than 300 hours for SSB:cool:

Yeah but you can hardly compare it to ssbb. What the player gets out of that is up to him. People dont really strive to beat that like they do a zelda game. Anyway I find it odd that the number they give is 50 to 100. Ive never really heard that before. Ive heard like 40 to 50 but never a 50 hour difference. which leads me to believe that if you just play to get through it it will take 50ish hours and if you play to explore and collect as much as you can it will take 100. Therefore there is TONS of extra stuff in this game to do. And that is really exciting.l

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
In the context that Miyamoto revealed this info, it was pretty clear that the 50-100 hours doesn't include the second quest. Since this is probably true, we could be getting a 200 hour game!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I think Nintendo might do what they featured in Wind Waker: After playing the whole game through once and saving a new file, Link will have some new style, like wearing his Skyloftian clothes the entire time, or maybe some additional bits of armor. But we'd have to see in-game what would be changed in a second playthrough.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Yeah but you can hardly compare it to ssbb. What the player gets out of that is up to him. People dont really strive to beat that like they do a zelda game. Anyway I find it odd that the number they give is 50 to 100. Ive never really heard that before. Ive heard like 40 to 50 but never a 50 hour difference. which leads me to believe that if you just play to get through it it will take 50ish hours and if you play to explore and collect as much as you can it will take 100. Therefore there is TONS of extra stuff in this game to do. And that is really exciting.l

What I assume it to be is this: if you have no idea what to do (ie, you are new to Zelda) you need about 100 hours to finish it. If you know Zelda (the style of the puzzles) you might need 75 hours. If you know every single thing is Skyward Sword (ie, it's your 5th play through the game) you need 50 hours to beat it, even when you know everything. So that's a pretty big game, taking into consideration most games today take 50 hours to beat if you have no idea what to do

In the context that Miyamoto revealed this info, it was pretty clear that the 50-100 hours doesn't include the second quest. Since this is probably true, we could be getting a 200 hour game!

Assuming there is a second quest and the tweet was right :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I mean the official translation made by Nintenod on that video. He never mentions a second quest when he talking about the length of the game...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom