• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Fabled Wood Temple?

Okay story goes that originally in ocarina of time, there was going to be an extra temple, called the "Wood Temple." Apparently it was suppose to be unlocked after you beat the game and only for young link. I think it was suppose to be like a impossibly hard dungeon, But it was scraped. There is only one room of it on the OOT Debug rom Left, but do you think its even a room for it? Also People said that what was left of the Wood Temple was Later turned in to the WoodFall Temple for MM. But what are your guys thoughts on this?

J

JSN

Okay, first off I LOVE the idea of a temple after the final fight! Nintendo could have the chance there to tie it into MM. From what I've played of MM(which isn't much and i'm just going off memory here so don't hate me too much) but from what i've gathered Link goes looking for navi right? At the end of this temple you beat the boss yada yada. Instead of getting a heart piece you would get a map of termina. When you step into the light portal you speak with the great Deku tree about Navi and where she has gone and why she's gone. Then a giant flash of light and you wake up in the middle of hyrule field and then boom thats it you play regularly from there.

Now heres another idea, Nintendo can always redo this temple and release it as DLC on the eshop. Possibilities

I...don't think that that was the plan.

They were going to release a disk expansion for the 64DD called Ura Zelda, with new content, namely new Temples(Like Wind and Ice) and Side-Quests. It was scapped though, but booting up OoT an a 64 with a DD attached will display the Ura Zelda logo and ask for Ura Zelda.

The Wood Temple was most likely existed sometime in OoT's developpment, but as a normal dungeon, not an extra one only playable when the game was done. What are your sources? I may be wrong.

I've played the OoTMQ Debug, and those cut rooms are generally beleaved to not be part of the Wood Temple (seeing as there's no wood in any of them). I think that it was part of a cut Stalfos dungeon (similar to the Skulltula Temple), but I'm probaly wrong.

Anthor cut Beta room on the Debug ROM ended up being the MM Final battle room. It's a really interesting ROM, but I'm not sure about Nintendo's position about it being freely avalable (I think it should be, as it's the only way to make new maps for OoT).Valve let the public play the beta for their game Half Life 2 when it was leaked, I think Nintendo should the the public play the leaked OoT debug.

But now I'm just rambling.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Ura Zelda could of included that, having much more depth and story. Most people believe that MQ is Ura Zelda, but it only has harder dungeons/flipped and double damage (3D)

And just because it didn't have any wood, doesn't mean it wasn't the wood temple. It could of been left unfinished or left with no wood, like in ST, The water temple has a little pool of water XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom