• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Enemy You Fear the Most Engaging in Combat

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zelda isn't exactly known for its challenge in fact it rather lacks in that aspect in most cases, but there are some select games and specific moments when things can get challenging. Here I want to focus purely on enemies, each and every one of them from The Legend of Zelda to A Link Between Worlds.

Which enemy(ies) do you fear the most meeting in combat? Basically enemies where you're like "oh ****" (mind my language) and you want to avoid them all together. So by "fear" I'm not really talking about scared so to say, but more so an enemy who you just hate to fight either because they're challenging or just plain annoying.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
ReDeads in any and all forms. They are the worst and I hate them. Enough said.

Pretty much anything from the Shadow Temple (oot) scares me and I don't like them. I'm a wimp and the whole feeling of that place makes me dread it so much. Every enemy is terrifying. Especially the Wallmasters.

Like Likes make me want to cry because they are disgusting and they eat my things.

Also I hate fighting Zant (tp) because they ruined his chances at being a decent villain.

Darknuts, for some reason their pattern of attack is so awkward for me to counter... I have gotten to the point when I enter a room with one, my fingers slip all over the controller because my hands are sweating so much.

Sheik

:the:
Hmm... Probably the Iron Knuckles from Oot and MM. Their attacks were decently hard to avoid, and they took away like seven hearts or something, too. Not that I ever avoided fighting them, but I had to work up some concentration when I did.

But... I honestly can't think of any enemies I really hated to fight...

Redeads were the reason I quit playing Oot, but I got over that. Wallmasters were the reason I contemplated quitting playing OoT again, but I got over that, too.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Armos and Staldras in SS. For some reason they scare the bejeebus outta me, especially the armos. Maybe its the size of the armos and how they hop around threatening to crush you or something, but I always run away as soon as they get close making it real hard to actually... you know, defeat them.

Also, those Anubis things from OoT. The way they stare at you from afar and mimic your movements creep me out, plus the only way to kill 'em is to use either din's fire, fire arrows (I think) or fire that's already in the room. They take a lot of magic to kill. Hate them with a passion.

Last edited:
Darknuts from the first Zelda and Like-likes-I avoid them like the plague because I absolutely do not want to hock up 90+ rupees for a new stinkin shield!

Blue Iron Knuckles, Bird Knights, Axe throwing Dairas and those blue freakin Mooseheads! Especially Bird Knights because you have to bash blocks to get away from them and they just frickin phase through or somethin! screw those guys!

Redeads-in all my days I never thought I'd see an enemy hump me to death. seriously wth was Nintendo thinking?

Fighting almost any armed enemy in Skyward Sword is an obnoxious chore, especially the Bokoblin that tase you and the Stalfos with 4 arms.

Those evil trains that ambush you. Seriously if I have to deal with those on the tracks, give me a way to kill them please!

Any enemy in a Twilight Area because the music is super annoying

Those ghosty thingies in Silent Realms that carry lights

Flying Lizalfos -_-

Freezards, the little ones aren't too annoying but trying to kill the big ones with the hefty ball n chain is very uncool. no pun intended

Hey Justacool, which enemies make you wanna run the other way?

Last edited:

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Anything and everything from Zelda II.

Cuccos and Pigs.

Wallmasters- They're disembodied hands that fall from the ceiling... It scared the **** out of me in OoT. Like, I'd see a growing shadow and my little mind would wonder, "HM what's that? Let's stand completely still and find out!" Then BOOM THERES A HUGE HAND STRANGLING YOU.

Redeads- In OoT and WW. TP's weren't too bad. But the former's screams were just scary. And the enemy itself is creepy af.

Dead Hand-
U033

Iron Knuckles and Darknuts- Idk. They're annoying to fight. I hate having to deal with more than one at a time. Like in the last dungeon in TP. Or the fight with three of them in MM before the final battle. Or in the last few levels of the Savage Labyrinth in WW.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Redeads.

****ing Redeads.

In OoT, I use the Sun's Song and don't even fight them. MM, Gibdo's Mask, same story. WW, I have to stand afar and toss bombs at them. TP, I just feel lucky they're rare. I. HATE. REDEADS.

I also don't like Like-Likes. But only in OoT/MM. I can handle them just fine in handhelds and stuff, but those 3d ones... *shudder*

I also hate Floormasters, but only in WW. Only there. Dat sound their black holes make...

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I hate facing enemies from the 2D games. I can never walk up to an enemy and kill it without taking damage. It's like, "goddamnit". I also hate the spinny blades that scoot around at you.

SyG

ReDeads in any and all forms. They are the worst and I hate them. Enough said.
THIS. Also, Dead Hand - what with the multiple hands and the creepy dude with the teeth and fat, white body. : s

Gibdos also get a mention but they're totally unscary in MM. Actually thinking about it, a fair few of the enemies from the 4th main temple in MM and the Valley of the Dead.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Every enemy from Zelda II.

Darknuts and a few others in the original.

Wallmasters and floor masters just cuz of the annoying factor when you get caught

Seahats from WW cuz they always come in big packs and they ram me off of the boat, and Peahats from OoT because why are they so big and scary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom