• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Ending

Z

zelda_gamer

in the end of the game when zelda sends back in time to the temple of time as a child, you leave behind the master sword, navi just up and leaves you, you have no home. and then when the game screen flashes "the end", ewhat happens between link and zelda?:S:( i hated this ending, not because it was bad, it was a brilliant ending, and a brilliant game. but in the fact the ending was so sad. what are your thoughts? discuss.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
Did you play Majora's Mask? The time when you get the ocarina back you have a flash back of before you go to find Navi. That is part of what happens between Zelda and Link because Zelda and Link are in the flash back.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Lol!
But I will tell you what happens at the end.

According to the timeline theory, Link pretty much tells Zelda that Ganondorf will return in the future, and he tells her of the events of Oot.
Then He says that he cannot help and is going to go and relive the seven years that he lost.
zelda then wants him to have a safe journey, so she gives him the ocarina of time, and teaches him the song of time over again, that way the goddess of time will watch over him, and this starts the events of Majoras Mask.

Hope this helps!

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
You are right 100%. The ending to OoT was very good, but very sad. There are a lot of mixed messages, I think, that came from the way Navi left and the way Zelda and Link stood before each other before The End showed up on the screen. I think Zelda knew that Link had changed the future since Ganondorf probably was not in the view in the window. Also, Zelda sent you back in time because she wanted you to live the seven years that you missed. This gave Link and Zelda the time to get to know each other and think of how much better Hyrule would be in peace. I honestly believe that something clicked in Zelda and Link's mind. I think they both sensed what had happened seven years in the future, but knew it was changed by Link once he was adult. Zelda made the right decision to send Link back in time. I think she knew that the younger her would know what happened. I think she expected both of them in their younger years to know what a connection they had. Like I said, the ending spoke many messages. They were different for everyone of course, but this is just what I got from the way the game ended. It was fantastic and I don't think I could ask for a better and more mysterious ending to a game than I did in OoT.

the only problem that i have with the ending of the game is how you have to turn off the game consol and then start were you last saved.
i geuss its understandable but i wish i could back to the game after the credids roll and just keep messing about.

and as others have said, i almost cried at the end it was so good yet sad.
but at the same time after all that its a happy feeling =]

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Ending of OoT, MM, WW, and TP were all good, and a bit sad. But Link does go on a quest to find Navi, and it goes totally not as planned...in other words, play Majora's Mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom